• I don't care, just put SOMETHING up there

13 31.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
    • Minion

Re: A new DLR PeopleMover (and show scenes) idea

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    I do agree that they need to do some cool stuff with the inside portions and open up the SM tunnel so you can see in. Especially for RockIt Mtn, that would ... well ... ROCK!!!
    My understand is that they sealed the windows because it was a light leak... I could be wrong...
    Check out my other blog:

• șoș Tom șoș

I suppose I guess a bypass would be in order in and around the current ride building since I am sure that there must be some track issue in the Buzz building as well.

Perhaps a vertical ride elevator ala Minority Report style to illustrate new ways transportation could deliver us to our new homes of the future. I think the key to a new ride element is NOT to create People Mover 2.0 but add a story element that ties Tomorrowland together and offers riders a new reason to ride besides nostalgia.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    ^ Yeah, there is no chain lift.

But they aren't LIM's (Linear Induction Motors) they are LSM's (Linear Synchronus Motors).

I'm such a coaster geek.
    Haha could you imagine that?
    "Our new people mover...powered by LSMs" and suddenly ACE shows up for a meet to check it out.

• ...TWO BITS!

pineapplewhipaddict, besides the LGMs appearing in the queue paintings for Buzz, aren't they also at the last show scene securing Zurg...?

And why would it matter if the LGMs don't appear in the ride itself. Is it because of that reason, they're not allowed to be in near the PM track...?

Here's an idea to replace the Capt. EO segment, it invovles Stitch:

1st room is the prison chamber. Guns hang on the walls as they point at a platform with an empty glass case. Capt. Gantu shows up on your vehicle's video screen to explain a new prisoner is being teleported to our prison chamber. The shark alien creature AA from the film pushes a button to teleport Stitch inside the glass case. Smoke spills out and Experiment 626 is inside. He is "secured" and the PM moves on to the next scene passing through doors.

The next room is the bridge of the ship. The guests look over the assissant aliens looking out into space. Once the doors shut behind us, strobe lights and destructive sound effects blare. Capt. Gantu comes on our screen and demands the alien assissants AA what's happening. They turn towards us and report that Experiement 626 has escaped. Gantu demands we try to find him. Our video screen displays secruity cameras looking for the genetic experiment. We see in one monitor the alien passes quickly. GANTU: "He's heading for the main power...". Lights dim down with a power-down sound effect. GANTU: "...grid". Alien assissant: "He's taken a police cruiser!" We see Stitch out in space with a red cruiser (simple AA) laughing. Other assissant: "Yeah, he took the red one". Stitch zooms away as blue police cruisers (I think a light protection will be used) chase after him. GANTU: "Get me Galatic Control...". We go through another doorway to...

Last scene is Gataltic Control with the Councilwoman alien on the other end of the control room filled with 2 or 3 busy aliens. COUNCIL WOMAN: "WHERE IS HE!?". Alien 1: "He's gone into hyper-drive." CW: "Where's his destination?" The planet earth shows up on our video screen. Alien 2: "A planet called: ER". CW: "What's that stuff covering the planet?" Alien 3: "Water. Most of the planet is covered in it." CW: "He won't survive in water. His molecular density is too great." Alien happy. Our video screen is pin-pointing Stitch's exact destination point. But it's not going to Hawaii. It's going to North America. CW: "No." We find out Stitch will be landing in "Tomorrowland, Disneyland" CW: "Of course". The scene ends and now we travel over the Autopia cars.

All this is basically for the "Stitch's Hovercraft" attraction idea I have. The idea is Stitch wants to take a joyride with you on hovercrafts. And fly over the skies of Tomorrowland. Taking its place for Rocket Jets:

In fact, I think when they bring Rocket Jets back, they should retheme it to "Stitch's Hovercruiser". Guests ride blue or yellow cruisers as Stitch (in alien form) rides a red cruiser in the middle. Dr. Jamba could be giving the saftey spiel and Stitch keeps interrupting him . The vehicles could be designed for guests to sit side-by-side. I think WDW's "Aladdin" spinner ride does this... http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp...action=aladdin . But instead of being 4 person/ 2 rows for each cruiser, it's 2 person (side by side)/1 row. Infront of each person in their cruiser either controls the up & down or tilting of their vehicle. There will also be other random buttons and levers to play around with on the control board. Like blinking lights, noises (car alarm, beeps, sci-fi, etc), and Stitch sounds. The premise of this is that it's a the future of traveling: hover crafts to avoid traffic jams and other such things. It's not about outer space.
    and here's th quote I have for the basic bare-bones idea for a TRON attraction. As of now, I don't like the storyline just yet. I need to tweak it more and be a bit more original.

In fact, I think when they bring Rocket Jets back, they should retheme it to "Stitch's Hovercruiser". Guests ride blue or yellow cruisers as Stitch (in alien form) rides a red cruiser in the middle. Dr. Jamba could be giving the saftey spiel and Stitch keeps interrupting him . The vehicles could be designed for guests to sit side-by-side. I think WDW's "Aladdin" spinner ride does this... http://www.orlandorocks.com/info.asp...action=aladdin . But instead of being 4 person/ 2 rows for each cruiser, it's 2 person (side by side)/1 row. Infront of each person in their cruiser either controls the up & down or tilting of their vehicle. There will also be other random buttons and levers to play around with on the control board. Like blinking lights, noises (car alarm, beeps, sci-fi, etc), and Stitch sounds. The premise of this is that it's a the future of traveling: hover crafts to avoid traffic jams and other such things. It's not about outer space.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by JesterMn
    My thoughts are that it should make a stop at the Innoventions building. Why not? It goes right through it, just slow it down and make it a new pick up/drop off point. Both attractions would probably be well-served by the synergy.

Anyone have thoughts on that?
    Yep, I've said about 18 times now that it should stop around Toontown/Fantasyland near IASW. Then it's also a way to get around the parade route, which is badly needed.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Yep, I've said about 18 times now that it should stop around Toontown/Fantasyland near IASW. Then it's also a way to get around the parade route, which is badly needed.
    I really don't see why that would be such a hard concept for them to pull off. It would instantly guarantee that the ride remains successful throughout its life.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think you didn't fully read my question...I was asking if you meant the little green aliens, and judging by what you just said, that's what you meant, and in that case, I wasn't disagreeing with you. When you said LGM, I thought you meant the little green army toy soldiers

And the Stitch thing sounds awesome! He's so darn cute...

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    I think you didn't fully read my question...I was asking if you meant the little green aliens, and judging by what you just said, that's what you meant, and in that case, I wasn't disagreeing with you. When you said LGM, I thought you meant the little green army toy soldiers

And the Stitch thing sounds awesome! He's so darn cute...
    Ah. Okay. Yeah, usually they're called LGMs (Little Green Men). Like in this pic: http://www.startedbyamouse.com/graph...Blasters31.jpg . I just call the green army men, green army men.

And yes, Stitch would be cute to have in the park

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Okay, what if your able to see inside Space Mountain, but they're are double doors before you leave SM so as to continue to reduce the light inside the mountain. Actually, I'm not sure how much light leaks inside without any PM track doorways.

And then put the TRON sequence in Innoventions building. To probably later utlize Stitch better.

-Jurassic Park

I really like the Vader and Luke scene. And the track still is there in Space Mountain right?

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    And the track still is there in Space Mountain right?
    Um... I hope so .

-Jurassic Park

Hate to shatter your dreams, but TRON was a studio bust. It's become a cult classic amongst the cyberpunk crowd that also loves Wargames and Blade Runner.

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Hate to shatter your dreams, but TRON was a studio bust. It's become a cult classic amongst the cyberpunk crowd that also loves Wargames and Blade Runner.
    Then why would Disney put so much effort into making TRON a comic book, video game sequel, and a game level to Kingdom Hearts 2? They also released a 20th anniversary DVD edition.

-Jurassic Park

That's because other companies, such as the developers behind those games, license the property from Disney but create those pseudosequels themselves.

As far as the Peoplemover's Space Mountain view goes, the glowing orb is no more and the new rocket sleds no longer have iridescent striping on the side that allows you to see them from the dark. The reason for that is because (go figure) there is no Peoplemover from which to try and view them in the darkness. One might as well close off that whole window for optimum darkness in Space Mountain, as there's literally nothing to see in the shadows from the PM track anymore.

On the other hand, for all we know Rocket Mountain may have quite a bit of eye candy and not rely so heavily on darkness, so there's no telling what the nighttime mode would look like from the PM track. But judging from the decision to change the train sides, I'm guessing it won't be much different.

• ...TWO BITS!

Maybe put neon lights on the sides of the PM vehicle.

-Jurassic Park

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast