Question Mickey & Friends Parking Structure

Hi All,

What time does the Mickey and Friends parking structure open? The last time we went, we thought we could park in the Timon lot, so we waited there before the park opened. When they redirected us to the Mickey & Friends lot, I was so disappointed! I felt even worse when I saw the hundreds of cars already there and the crowd of people waiting for the trams. Don't want that to happen again.

Knowing the parking structure's hours will help me strategize a plan (or is it plan a strategy?). Those of you who have two kids under 4 years old know what I mean, right? =)

Thank you!

Mike

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: Mickey & Friends Parking Structure

Structure normally opens 1 houre before DL opening...I'd get there at least a half hour before that...I'd rather park in Pinocchio and avoid the structure if it comes to that...

Hope that helps...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I'd rather park in Pinocchio and avoid the structure if it comes to that...
    Yabbut... the Pinocchio Lot Row 1-2-3 is reserved for Semi and Full Trucks, cars with trailers and RV's, with the Row 4-5-6 A-B area for Handicapped with proper placards or plates. And the Hotel or Downtown Disney uses Row 4-5-6 (the other side of the driveway, C to the back wall) for their parking.

If everyone tries parking out in the Pinocchio ground lot there will be no room out there for the people who need to be out there. The upper floors are 7' and change clearance. Cars yes, vans usually - 4X4 Bubba Trucks, No.

My Work Van can't go upstairs, it is pushing 8' 6" as normally loaded with the 'big monster' E7412 Trestle ladder on the roof rack. It goes even higher if I stack multiple A-ladders in the middle. That means parking in 'Chip & Dale' (1st Floor of the structure, clearance 14') or outside in Pinnochio only. Or turn around and go home.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    Yabbut... the Pinocchio Lot Row 1-2-3 is reserved for Semi and Full Trucks, cars with trailers and RV's, with the Row 4-5-6 A-B area for Handicapped with proper placards or plates. And the Hotel or Downtown Disney uses Row 4-5-6 (the other side of the driveway, C to the back wall) for their parking.

If everyone tries parking out in the Pinocchio ground lot there will be no room out there for the people who need to be out there. The upper floors are 7' and change clearance. Cars yes, vans usually - 4X4 Bubba Trucks, No.

My Work Van can't go upstairs, it is pushing 8' 6" as normally loaded with the 'big monster' E7412 Trestle ladder on the roof rack. It goes even higher if I stack multiple A-ladders in the middle. That means parking in 'Chip & Dale' (1st Floor of the structure, clearance 14') or outside in Pinnochio only. Or turn around and go home.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Just going off past experience. When I drove down in January (On a Sunday, for the 1st birthday meet) I arrived in the parking line at about 7-30am...with the "toll booths' open at 8am...they parked me, in my midsized car, in Pinocchio...not sure exactly where...I think section 5.

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Thumbs up Re: Mickey & Friends Parking Structure

Thanks for the info guys! I got the information I was looking for.

Mike

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I've had similar experience to RadioBarry. If I get there just as
    parking is opened, they direct me to Pinnochio, even though
    there are no handicapped plates/signs on my Honda Civic.