Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

The General Public and DCA

Rules of this thread:
    #1: This is not a DCA bashing thread, nor a DCA praising thread, this is an observation thread, so NO PERSONAL OPINONS.

Today in my choir class we were discussing about our trip to California. The trip, of course, included Disneyland. One student asked this peculiar question, "Will we be able to go to both California Adventure and Disneyland?". The answer, "Yes." What followed blew me away: excited cheers and cries of "YES!"

This actually happened: these people were really happy that they also got into DCA.

This brings me to the point of the thread: how do the non-AP public really like DCA? Not all of you on the board, OR your relatives if they are APers as well. But, I mean like your non-Disney fanatic friends...you know: Joe Somebody from Anytown, USA, his wife Jane Somebody and kids Johnny, high school, Sally, elementary and little baby Jack. Not somebody who knows Disney inside and out...

Based on your observations and OBSERVATIONS ONLY, do they express a like of DCA or a dislike. Yes, factual events, please, not your thought of general expression or observations inside the park as well, (i.e. no "yeah, but you can just see the audiences disgusted faces as they walk through the park" or "just ask the people who keep the attendance level so low")
    Like, actual sayings from friends such as, "Hey, I think DCA is one cool park" or your best friend saying "I hate that California Adventure park, Disneyland is so much better"...

What does the general public really think about DCA...

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: The General Public and DCA

All my family (cousins etc.) that have been to Disney resort, loved DCA

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Still wants to be a cat!

The one Non Disney fanatic I went to DCA with for her first time was very impressed with it! She didn't try to compare it with Disneyland but appreciated it as it's own Park. She loved the large walkways and casual feel.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

My best friend loved it, but she said its not really worth staying a whole day

• Lowering Expectations

Yeah, my friends (teenagers) loved ToT and Screamin' but after that they got bored so we went back to DL
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• that's right!

I've been to DCA with two non-Disneyfans on two occasions. The first didn't like Disneyland and thought DCA was 'lame', the second thought it was better than Disneyland because of the rollercoaster / Tower of Terror.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5
    Rules of this thread:
    #1: This is not a DCA bashing thread, nor a DCA praising thread, this is an observation thread, so NO PERSONAL OPINONS.

I'm not really sure how you expect people to provide observations of this topic without at least some personal opinion...but here goes.

I have two nieces, ages three and five, who like DCA better than Disneyland. I know several other children and young teens that feel the same.

I, on the other hand, and most others I know age 25 and above, like DL MUCH better.

Observation...those without a longer emotional attachment to DL, without expectations for DCA, like DCA better in my experience.

Observation...One of the reasons they like DCA better could be linked to one of the problems the park has experienced, at least until recent times...relatively small crowds and short wait times for attractions.

Summary...the younger you are, and the less history you have with DL, and the less expectations you had for the second park, the better you'll like DCA.

Honest observations, though obviously I couldn't keep opinion out completely.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

This is something I see on a regular basis....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...alifornia.html

Of the two Disneyland parks if you decide not to do the additional drive, then do Disneyland. California Adventure is nice (but not as fun as Disneyland).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

^^I don't want any personal opinon, I want other people's opinon, not your own was what I was trying to get across. In other words, I don't want to know if you are a DCA fan, but if anyone you know is, and what are their actual thoughts and quotes about the park...

• Where's Push?

A few of my co-workers enjoyed the park. Why did they enjoy it? The fact they were able to do the rides multiple times in a day.
    Take Care,

Brenda

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

And I quoted someone ELSE that I saw recently at TripAdvisor.com, if I remember correctly, I have not even posted in the thread I linked to!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Sorry, Darkbeer, I was referring to the poster above you...

• șoș Tom șoș

My nickname around my friends and co-workers is Tom "Disney" so people who are planning trips constantly ask me about my opinion, I lay it out as honestly as can be and then ask them to give me a report when they get back.

Out of a dozen or so people who are not Disney afficiendos who have gone to DCA, the overwhelming reaction is that its a good park but needs a lot more. The alcohol seems to be a crowd pleaser.

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5
    Rules of this thread:

Today in my choir class we were discussing about our trip to California. The trip, of course, included Disneyland. One student asked this peculiar question, "Will we be able to go to both California Adventure and Disneyland?". The answer, "Yes." What followed blew me away: excited cheers and cries of "YES!"

This actually happened: these people were really happy that they also got into DCA.

This brings me to the point of the thread: how do the non-AP public really like DCA? Not all of you on the board, OR your relatives if they are APers as well. But, I mean like your non-Disney fanatic friends...you know: Joe Somebody from Anytown, USA, his wife Jane Somebody and kids Johnny, high school, Sally, elementary and little baby Jack. Not somebody who knows Disney inside and out...

Based on your observations and OBSERVATIONS ONLY, do they express a like of DCA or a dislike. Yes, factual events, please, not your thought of general expression or observations inside the park as well, (i.e. no "yeah, but you can just see the audiences disgusted faces as they walk through the park" or "just ask the people who keep the attendance level so low")
    Like, actual sayings from friends such as, "Hey, I think DCA is one cool park" or your best friend saying "I hate that California Adventure park, Disneyland is so much better"...

I went to DCA with a non Disney freak, they said
    "why did they put this cheap second rate park up, the parking lot was much better. It looks like they built this park on the cheap, why are all the rides off the shelf. the differnt areas have no real reason to be here. everything looks second rate. Did Disney really do this crap. why did they copy rides that are in other disney parks and clone them here. they need more Erides to fix this place up" ok I read all this in other messages here, But I think if you want to really to know what the public thinks DCA just look at there numbers. As a disney park it would have to be called a flop.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ currently the numbers are packed..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast