• Still lost in Neverland

Question Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

Not too long ago we were informed that during an initial meeting with Robert Iger, John Lassiter told him that he had plans for the Disney Theme Park. That these plans were going to cost money. A lot of money. And if he could not be assured right then and there that the money would be available, he would not be interested in the position being offered him. Iger said "Done".

Now, in Al's latest column we are informed that the plans for the changes to DCA are approved and things will start to change soon. But, then Al mentions that the bean counters in Burbank are starting to fidget about the costs involved and are already talking about cuts, etc.

Did anybody (like Lassiter or Iger to name two) bother to tell these accountants that the money will be available when Lassiter gives the word.

Now, I know you are all going start saying that these plans were made before Lassiter came aboard. So what? When he did come aboard everything at DCA was halted until he could go over the plans, make changes or give approvals. I have to assume that since the word has been given, then it was Lassiter who gave the word. Why is Burbank still operating as if Eisner, Pressler/Harris are still running things?

Like I said, at Disney does the Left Hand know what the Right Hand is doing?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• That's Hawt

Re: Does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?

Yes, the right hand is for pulling and the left hand is for cupping!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Merry 2014!

He hee hee, Mice Man! Sounds like business as usual. boy, am I cynical.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Like most big businesses, the managers and CEOs sort out the stuff they WANT to do in a committee, then it is actually up to all the lower-end staff to try and work out how to do it. It is all well and good for Iger and Lassister to make the big sweeping plans, but somebody has to arrange the funds etc.

The council I work for is the same in many ways. A group of elected councillors decide which direction we are heading, and then the staff have to make it happen.

So don't blame the accountants. They are people who need occasional hugs too
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis

So don't blame the accountants. They are people who need occasional hugs too
    Especially at this time of year in the USA, Loomis (tax time). But that's a topic for another thread!!!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by LostBoy
    But, then Al mentions that the bean counters in Burbank are starting to fidget about the costs involved and are already talking about cuts, etc.

There are only so many beans in the jar. If one hand is allowed to grab more than its standard allotment, somebody (the bean counters) has to figure out what to do in order to be sure every hand is given enough beans.

There may be considerable debate as to how many beans are planted, and how many more beans will grow from those planted beans. And some beans are merely eaten, with no apparent additional bean yield.

But some would argue that the bean planters have to eat ...... a starving planter can't plant beans!

Disney's ability to create magic does not include a magic wand that could be waved over the bean jar to make more beans .......

Here's another thought ....... perhaps Lassiter, in his review of the proposed "place making" project, deemed that it was an "OK" project, but just "OK", so that if the bean counters wanted to make some cuts they could, especially if it meant more money was available for the projects he was REALLY interested in .........
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"