Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Sorry, Isaac, but there's just no way blue hair makes you look "Goth"... lol. You're just too inherently wholesome looking!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    According to the site, California Goths are unique because they smile.
    Michigan "Goths" have more of a gloomy disposition.

Pssh I hate labels, "Goth" being one of em' You have no clue how much I hate being asked if I am "gothic". Just because I dye my hair black, or some other odd color, and wear black does NOT constitute me as a "goth", Jeebus.

Anyways, if I lived in California I would pass this opportunity up. Simply because it seems like the park would be pretty full with those who gather for Bats Day. And those tweens bother me too, some are cool but a lot are in it for the trend.
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 04-01-2005 at 03:27 AM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    There should be a scene kid day, where all the bored scene kids come to Disneyland and ruin the day for each other then they realize being emo is the most useless thing EVER.

/end rant
    No way...that would be HORRID! All the trash cans would be kicked over, well that seems to be a favorite pastime with the Scenesters over here in Michigan.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousekiteer
    Ahh, a sea of black clothes, black hair, black accessories.
    I saw a picture of the event once. There were tween goths. It was creepy. And they were smiling. I thought gawths weren't supposed to smile!

Shhh, don't tell anybody... A rumor might spread...

They are only growling at the photographer...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Shhh, don't tell anybody... A rumor might spread...
    It's one of the funniest things you'll see, i'd post a pic but it's not mine so i'll probaly get in trouble.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Yea, way too many creepy people, like this one show up that day...
    -Monorail Man

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    1. Maybe you should just consider dropping the lame joke instead?
    2. So, who's coming to Goth Day this year?
    1. Maybe I won't. I don't take suggestions very well. Nor veiled threats from admins.
    2. To answer your question: I'm not. At least, I have no specific plans to be at DL for that specific day for that specific purpose.

As for the smiling, we all know that DL conquers over gloom. To think otherwise would be folly.

• Theme Park Advocate

I find it novel how almost anytime Batsday or the socal goth comunity is brought up on the internet there is a instant bombardment of attacks and judgements. I consider myself goth this does not mean that every day of the week I wear black, mope around reading Poe and feeling disgruntled towards the world. Myself like many other goths are generaly happy folk (we all have bad days) who love to laugh and smile just like everone else. Disneyland, "The Happiest Place on Earth" is to us just as enjoyable and magical as it is to anyother park guest (just wait and see how many of the goth attendies to batsday this year buy their Golden Ears). Most of us know the words to IASW, Pirates and the Tiki room by heart, we grew up with the classic Disney films, we cheer and applaude at the finally of the fireworks. I myself had the greatiest ride ever on Thunder Mountain this last Batsday. When posing for the noon photo infront of the castle we always get questions from people of "What's going on?" or "Why is everone wearing black" etc. and we happily respond with a friendly and polite answer to their inquiery. Many of my friends and people I have spoke with felt that they were ambassadors for the gothic comminity, to show the world that their fallacies about goths are just that fallacies. The vast majority of the attendies to Batsday have more respect to the park and it's history than your average park attendie who could care less wether or not the Tiki Room was remodled and remixed. As to how approperate some of the attire is, my personal felling is that as long as the attire is not profaine or inapproately exposing there is nothing unacceptable about it, I have seen many of "middle America" at the park that should of not been alowed into the the park with what they were wearing (or lack of wearing).
    On an non-rant note here is a pic of me at last years Batsday

• Banned User

Being "goth" is getting to pretend that every day is Halloween.

If you like "having fun", "playing make believe", "dressing up" and not hanging out with people that say things like, "Like, oh myyy gaud... You are like so weird and stuff...", then Goth is for you! Celebrate your weirdness rather than reading fashion magazines trying to figure out how to be normal.

• A Little Rabid

Quote Originally Posted by dshimel
    If you like "having fun", "playing make believe", "dressing up" and not hanging out with people that say things like, "Like, oh myyy gaud... You are like so weird and stuff...", then Goth is for you! Celebrate your weirdness rather than reading fashion magazines trying to figure out how to be normal.
    But what about punks, emo, mod and indie kids?

I ran across a goth bible the other day. It was damn right hilarious.
    I lurk.

Thumbs down

Do they have an Overweight brotherhood of satan aka losers living in moms basement day?
    Last edited by michael eisner; 04-01-2005 at 06:17 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Well the Goth movement changes from place to place... And there are differant types of Goths...

The Goths up here in SF are of a differant Breed than Goths of LA... That is clear to me knowing many from both areas... Being a Goth in SF is much more of an "underground" alternative movement...

I always liked to discribe Goth Creedo by that line in "What about Bob?"

"I am in morning of a childhood I never had..."
    Check out my other blog:

you would need a microscope to see the signifigance of goths

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by michael eisner
    you would need a microscope to see the signifigance of goths
    How, Avant Gaurde...

I think of it also as an existential reaction against PostModernism...

Think about it... no logos... a sense of formality... and the only thing sure in life is darkness, death, decay...

Except for the house parties with 998 of your friends in the afterlife, of course...
    Check out my other blog:

• Still wants to be a cat!

I love "Bats" Day....My daughter loves it too! We dress up, paint our hair, and meet up with some of the nicest people! Did it last year for the first time, Marina did pink hair, I did green. This year going all black, but no long coats, way too hot for August in So Cal. Have an employee that is "Goth", and she is one of the best people you will ever meet! Hope some of you try it out, a lot of fun! See you there Evil Minion! What color hair this year?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast