Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

3/24 Photos - The Chicken Head is GONE!, Cove Bar is open, and more Sub work

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/1303825

Yes, the evil Chicken Head has left the plaza!!!

Plus a look at the newly remodeled King and Queen restrooms in Fantsyland, near the Matterhorn.

Lots of Sub Lagoon photos.

And the Cove Bar did re-open on Friday, and will now be open 7 days a week thru the summer, and hopefully year-round.

ENJOY!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Lowering Expectations

Re: 3/24 Photos - The Chicken Head is GONE!, Cove Bar is open, and more Sub work

Nicely done, as usual

Things were really humming yesterday. The spring mobs have descended earlier than ever before.

I'm SO glad the Evil Chicken is gone! Die, fiend balloon!

Say, photo 75 looks mighty like something that was taken out of the lagoon. Looks like it's being replicated!
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: 3/24 Photos - The Chicken Head is GONE!, Cove Bar is open, and more Sub work

those are some sexy washrooms!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Great pictures Darkbeer!

Lets hope that the giant chicken doesn't ever return. The bathrooms look nice. Progress in the lagoon is looking great. I can't wait for when the cave takes on more shape.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I love how that Tiki idol was left in plain view. That so makes my day

• Banned User

I wanted to see the big chicken head, why not just one more week? and I wanted to see the ice princess, why oh why am I missing so much! I will be there in 6 days, my goodness, please disnelyand do not do anything wlse til I get there!

• Banned User

^believe me, once you see 'it', you'll have nightmares for the rest of your days.

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Yes, the evil Chicken Head has left the plaza!!!
    It's probably just down like half the rides are,or crossover training strikes again.

I'm not sure how the Easter Island head statue will fit in with nemo's Australian current thing.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 03-25-2006 at 01:13 PM.

• no flash photography...

ok...I really don't like the doors on the bathroom stalls...they look very cheap and carnival like to me....the rest was ok...

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    I'm not sure how the Easter Island head statue will fit in with nemo's Australian current thing.
    I'm not sure either...I remember it (or a bunch of Tiki heads LIKE it...) being a decoration in the Dentist's fishtank in the movie. How it got -there-, though...no idea. Maybe they're percieving that dentist as a filthy dirty litterer.

The bathrooms look -great-! Even if it's only just a bathroom, it's still nice to see them using...now, what was it called? Oh yeah! THEMING. xD

• Dreams do come true

the Tiki Idol looks great I hope they do not close the viewing area too soon. I love the sub pics

• Banned User

The paint job on the Cove Bar looks great, but they need to get an electrician out there right away.

Great photos!

I would not have the nerve to go into a public restroom and start taking photos.

Not that there aren't some very nice public restrooms:
    http://www.usatoday.com/travel/desti...xury-loo_x.htm

• Yeti Enthusiast

I think I remember reading that the first half of the ride was really close to the original Sub Voyage. If that's the case, than it's just part of the Atlantis show scene (One of my favorite parts of the original). Though I'm not sure how an Easter Island Moai statue gets caught up in Atlantis.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Funny thing, I wasn't the only one taking photos in the restroom when I was there...

And note, ALL the restroom photos had NO persons in the shots, it is one thing to take a shot of the urinals, it is something else to have someone using the urinal
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast