Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Unfortunately that wasn't true back in the day. Before they had awesome places to eat like Big Thunder BBQ, Tehitian Terrace, etc.

My current favorite is the clam chowder.
    big thunder BBQ did not thirill me,...it was ok...I liek the clam chowder and the the salads in the bread. Blue bayou food is not very good at all and the atmosphere alone will not get me in there again. I have nver eaten at tehitan terrace. the food is the last thing I think about when I go to DL..

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Some say they hate Storytellers but we've had great food there every time we go. Sometimes the service isan't all that great. Haven't been to the buffet yet though.

Best place in DCA is Cord Dog Castle!!

Storytellers in May? You up for it?

I always liked taste pilots grill myself....

• Waiting for the monorail

Quote Originally Posted by tulkas
    Disney has changed ice cream "brands" so you can NOT get Fantasa ice cream. It was my Faverate, and now I have less reasion to buy ice cream in eather park.
    Who runs the Gibson parlor now? I loved their ice cream (never ate at burrr-bank).

I love test pilots cheeseburgers. what a way to die

Blue bayoo?

Any comments on the blue bayoo at DL? Also... I hear there is a dessert buffet during Fantasmic. How do I make reses for that? I am bringing 2 ladies from church for their 62nd birthdays and I think that would be fun!

thanks...

• Waiting for the monorail

I love the BB. Especially the Monte Cristo at lunch. I don't know anything about the food served with Fantasmic! though, that is not actually BB food, although I believe they share a kitchen.

• PLEASE REMAIN SEATED

winery restaurant

Wellya iused to go to white water snacks a whole lot i have the mug with free lifetime refills...but i went to the winery one warm day last spring and for the same price had a nice sit down no screamin kid lunch...more on that later butthe bread is the baddest and keeps comin ..

• all aboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Drunk Dave @ DL
    The "Cove Bar" above Ariel's Grotto is the best place to eat in DCA. I recommend the Rip Tide Iced Tea, a Mai Tai, or just a straight shot of Jagermeister (they make the best ones) will do just fine.
    Can you drink there without eating at Areil's Grotto? I could'nt figure this out the last time I was there, so didn't try it. Had a beer by the wharf instead.
    everybody has a laughing place

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by lllpath
    Any comments on the blue bayoo at DL?
    I'm not really a fan of the food at Blue Bayou. I just wasn't impressed by it. I think you pay for the atmosphere there, and that's really the only reason I'd go.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Material Girl

Quote Originally Posted by dsnylndmom
    I like Ariel's, we've always had good meals there and a fun time too!

I also swear by White Water! We've had MANY a bite there!

We have actually never been to Storytellers or Napa Rose. I'm thinking the next trip with the boys though, we'll defintely try Storytellers!
    I can definitely recommend Storytellers for breakfast - fun atmosphere and good food!

• Disney Nazi

If i can't count the goodies i have smuggled in from the outside world I will have to go with the sour dough bowl filled with soup from the bakery at Pacific Wharf, its is great in the early evening when you are freezing *** cold after riding Grissly Peak and getting drenched.
    "Lies make baby Jesus cry!"

• I like Cheese...

I like Boudin's for breakfast or lunch, but the bread bowls don't seem to fill me up. I used to like to get a chicken bowl at the Pacific Rim food place, but that is never open.

We usually end up at Tast Pilot's Grill for lunch, cause the food is pretty decent, and with the AP discount not too bad on price either.

For dinner walk across to DL...

Hey Big Drunk Dave @ DL - I live in Fountain Hills, AZ - You an OC transplant too?
    Last edited by Whatever; 01-23-2005 at 08:47 PM. Reason: got really confused as to what I was doing.

• I like Cheese...

Quote Originally Posted by lllpath
    Any comments on the blue bayoo at DL? Also... I hear there is a dessert buffet during Fantasmic. How do I make reses for that? I am bringing 2 ladies from church for their 62nd birthdays and I think that would be fun!

thanks...
    I think it's the best place in DL. I think you can call 714-781-DINE to make reservations at the BB, otherwise as soon as you get to the park walk over and make them as they fill up pretty fast. We like to show up a few minutes early and ask for a seat by the water - they are usually able to accomidate.

I've never heard about the buffet during Fantasmic. They have a special thing where you can sit on the balcony above POTC and watch Fantasmic with dessert. You can make reservations using the number above. This is always sold out and you have to call a at least a month in advance to get a seat, at least I did the last couple of times I tried to get reservations

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whatever
    I've never heard about the buffet during Fantasmic. They have a special thing where you can sit on the balcony above POTC and watch Fantasmic with dessert. You can make reservations using the number above. This is always sold out and you have to call a at least a month in advance to get a seat, at least I did the last couple of times I tried to get reservations
    The dessert buffet is for Fantasmic! viewing. It is on the balcony of the Disney Gallery and is not part of POTC.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mouse freak
    Can you drink there without eating at Areil's Grotto? I could'nt figure this out the last time I was there, so didn't try it. Had a beer by the wharf instead.

Yes you can!! And they have appetizers too. Darkbeer knows the menu pretty good and he's raved about it plent. I've had a couple(few )good martini's there

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast