Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff
    Fill each sub with TIDE with Bleach, drain, rinse and repeat(x10)
    They condemn houses for mold all the time, I don't think the EPA would love this theory. Just like the ACLU doesn't like the access for physically challanged submarine riders. Just another reason for faster, smaller, easy loading subs.

• Banned User

go find that infomurtial with that magic stuff that removs any stain from metal, wood, & curamic surface... then buy like 100 barels of that stuff.. and have a weekend sub wash.... Working at the sub wash ya....

Then just repaint them with new paint backstage.. and no one would notice anything... (Just put plasma screens on the port holes and show an old movie of the ride..LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi
    You know what's occured to me? If they are taking down the Motor Boat Lake down for Nemo, does that mean that the subs will become a Fantasyland attraction or is it just for extending the ride building or what?
    I don't think they are taking out the Motor boat area for Nemo at all, the areas are pretty far apart i think and I'm doubting how they could connect them as I don't believe even the water areas are connected

there have been rumors of this area going down to be replaced with a kids play area... I'm hopint it's not true because otherwise I can see it being alot like what WDW is getting in their former lagoon area

I've always been one myself to argue that we should get Aquatopia put in that area

I'm sure Al will say next week what he's heard will be placed in that area of the park

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    They condemn houses for mold all the time, I don't think the EPA would love this theory. Just like the ACLU doesn't like the access for physically challanged submarine riders. Just another reason for faster, smaller, easy loading subs.
    I'm not sure

I've heard the ride can be grandfather claused but that's up to Disney to persue that

the Subs arn't wood so I don't think mold would condem them the way it would a house, that said I'd expect them to completly rebuild them if not make entirly new ons (aka tear out the insides put in better seats paint set pieces and everything else)

• My Children's Father

Read Al's report (the non-April Fools part at the end).

The sooner the lagoon is drained, the sooner the new ride can be put in.
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Rawr...

The kids play area is in development for WDW jungle cruise... Is going to be 100 acre woods themed
    Anyone up for a Colorado Micechatters meet-up?
    http://micechat.com/forums/meets-eve...ml#post3486518

Colorado Micechatter Extrordinare!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Why not re-open it in time for the 50th, and advertise it as "a refurbished classic", slash "See it now before its too late"/the new Nemo ride comes. If they started NOW, it should be ready by May 5th, or July 17th, 2005.

Your Thoughts..............?
    Honestly, I'd rather the submarines never return in any manner or recreation. It's outdated and the last thing Disneyland needs is another movie-tie in attraction. I feel all of the creativity is dead and they just rape the studios work for ideas.

The original subs were a bore and there is likely nothing they can do with the original ride infrastructure to make it interesting or live up to our high-expectations.

I wish Disney would remove the ride and develop a brand-new, state-of-the-art E-ticket with an original theme. No Pixar or Disney animated tie in here.

Busch Gardens is getting a 3-D dark ride this year. Universal Orlando and Universal Japan have the incredible Spiderman 3-D dark rides. It's about time Disney put something on that scale into Disneyland and what a better place than the former Submarine Lagoon.

• Banned User

Disney land does.. Indiana Jones.....

Same idea on the rides... just slightly different things....

That and removing the subs would be dangerous to 2/3 other rides.... Monorail, autopia, People mover truck....

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Disney land does.. Indiana Jones.....

Same idea on the rides... just slightly different things....

That and removing the subs would be dangerous to 2/3 other rides.... Monorail, autopia, People mover truck....
    The PeopleMover is no more and the track should be removed.

Monorail can be relocated if necesary and Autopia can easily survive the addition of a new attraction. Attractions like the Autopia and Monorail are easy to modify and relocate with minimal expenses. An attraction like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain would be cost prohibitive.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    The PeopleMover is no more and the track should be removed.
    Not going to happen, it would cost too much to remove it from everything, Its way too integrated into TL... And there may be an off chance they can put something there in it's stead...
    Check out my other blog:

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Not going to happen, it would cost too much to remove it from everything, Its way too integrated into TL... And there may be an off chance they can put something there in it's stead...
    I agree. As long as the track fits in (and by the looks of the new paint job it will), I don't see any reason to remove it.

• Minion

I think they should keep the whole lagoon, and make a new water type ride. Bring boats back, and design something cool to experience while riding through the water.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    they DIDN'T think about it then, hindsite is 20/20 or whatnot and Pressler wasn't into the subs at all

it should also be said that everyone DID have a chance to ride the subs one last time and it is recorded as such (with imagineers and fans all getting one last go around on closing day) the day was seen and everyone who wanted to be there was there

they couldn't bring the ride back this fast because it would be an a huge amount of time effort and money which wouldn't be worth it for what they'd make off of it

people knew when the subs were closing that they'd be replaced by something they just didn't know what

subs as the existed are already gone, there was a thread here a while ago that even showed the dragon up for sale on Ebay it was ugly and in horrid shape
    When they closed the MAIN STREET electrical parade (not Disney's, MAIN STREET) They marketed it for like, a whole year/summer. They gave the Submarine Voyage a day. 1 DAY!

• the subs were cool maan

If they would re-create the old submarine voyage, to fill up space for the 50th, then after the 50th, close it for nemo. Sure, you could not explain why it was closed for so long, but who cares? as long as it was open, it would be good, right? Of all the closed rides in TL, the Submarine Voyage closed for the worst reason........"too expensive". Well why not spend all the money that they WOULD have spent on its operation/maitanence, and put that money Towards a refurbished classic, so that way it could "COME HOME" for the 50th..............

• that's right!

Disney Please Do Everything I Say

When Magic Is At Stake, Money Is No Object!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast