Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

Been there, seen them...

Blieve me, it is not so easy as to "restart" a complex ride. The subs themselves have been rusting away for years in the ride building, the theming is wasted to nothing, and the queue doesn't exist anymore.

This will take years and millions of dollars. Sorry...

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

Well Al is saying that the Motor Boat Lagoon is being surrounded by walls today as is the Sub Lagoon. Personally, I was bored at work and designed a 20, 000 Leagues ride that used the motor boat cruise area as a queue (It would be covered and you'd walk through the tunnels of Volcania). Maybe thats whats going on....I got the idea from a friend of mine who could have heard a rumor from the park.

They'll would need a big queue area for a Nemo ride anyway...the old queue area just won't cut it anymore, Its a boring "snake", Its too small, AND its a shop now.

What if the Nemo ride is going to be considered a Fantasyland attraction now and the ride entrance will be in the old the Motor Boat loading areas? Then you walk through the new queue area, (which is actually the now dry, covered, and themed motor boat lagoon) and out onto a bridge that hugs the outer lip of the Sub lagoon where you load the Subs....THAT would be interesting.

But would it make sense to have a ride that is visible in Tomorrowland load in Fantasyland?....hmmm

on the subject of one day, I don't think that was the case, granted I wasn't a big Disneyland fan but I've read several articles that seem to indicate that fans, cast members AND imagineers were all aware of it's closing and everyone that bothered to show up for it's last day of operation took one last go around to say goodbye to the attraction

the fact that Pressler announced a new coming attraction in that space also seems to indicated that the fans at least knew what was going on

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    If they would re-create the old submarine voyage, to fill up space for the 50th, then after the 50th, close it for nemo. Sure, you could not explain why it was closed for so long, but who cares? as long as it was open, it would be good, right? Of all the closed rides in TL, the Submarine Voyage closed for the worst reason........"too expensive". Well why not spend all the money that they WOULD have spent on its operation/maitanence, and put that money Towards a refurbished classic, so that way it could "COME HOME" for the 50th..............
    it would cost more to fix it now then all the supposed money they saved from not operating it I'm betting. The attraction was closed because it was too expensive but it also had poor capacity and wasn't that impressive. The subs is honestly an attraction remebered as being better then what it was your average guest wasn't too impressed with it even though they obviously didn't find it something to complain about either, all in all it was just "meh".

they have plenty that says come home for the 50th as it is, I would enjoy them upgrading a few more rides besides the Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain and the Haunted Mansion (margionaly) but what they're doing is good and they have a "new" ride to top it off with. The parades and fireworks should all work well too.

the 50th will be fine, it doesn't need the subs. Nemo Subs WILL be needed though, to give people a reason to come back for another visit after the 50th

• Minion

I don't think we have to worry about people not showing up...
    Even though it will probably crowded, the excitement of everyone will be unique I think.
    Maybe a small taste of the exciting opening 50 years ago, and what it felt like to know you were lucky to be sharing this moment in history.

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    they DIDN'T think about it then, hindsite is 20/20 or whatnot and Pressler wasn't into the subs at all...
    It's not that he wasn't into the subs - it's just that he never figured out how to turn them into a store...

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo
    It's not that he wasn't into the subs - it's just that he never figured out how to turn them into a store...
    Autopia Winners' Circle

if not re-open the subs, atleast park them outside on the dock, sporting a sign that says "coming '07" or something, something for us to look at

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mp3piratesavvy
    Autopia Winners' Circle

if not re-open the subs, atleast park them outside on the dock, sporting a sign that says "coming '07" or something, something for us to look at
    That is what I said a while back and it seems to be the best idea ever. It would get all the fans very excited. I bet you that there would be a crowd of people looking at the lagoon. You could have the 50th logo on there with a bow on the top and market it as a present of the 50th year.

• Banned User

Relax, the Subs will be back soon. Read Al Lutzs latest article.

• the subs were cool maan

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    That is what I said a while back and it seems to be the best idea ever. It would get all the fans very excited. I bet you that there would be a crowd of people looking at the lagoon. You could have the 50th logo on there with a bow on the top and market it as a present of the 50th year.
    Perfect Idea. just DONT paint the subs Gold or something. Keep the oceangrapher yellow or whatever. maybe have them continously going around in a circle 'round the track? naah cuz that would just raise the question "Why cant I get on for a ride"?

that and moving the subs around in a circle would be a horrible waste of gass

anywho I don't care that they arn't leaving em out for us, in my opinion they should be shipping them away to get totaly refurbished on the outside and have the insides stripped out and modified to modern standards

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by cfparkmanager
    The PeopleMover is no more and the track should be removed.

Monorail can be relocated if necesary and Autopia can easily survive the addition of a new attraction. Attractions like the Autopia and Monorail are easy to modify and relocate with minimal expenses. An attraction like Space Mountain or Splash Mountain would be cost prohibitive.
    One... as stated before... the track is too integrated into every building.. (and remember... Buzz didn't destroy it's portion of the track..)

The monorail.. hmm.. Tjhat would be Expensive to remove/repalace... thats a custom track.. not a standard like WDWs.. and on top of that the standard is expensive...

why else did the monorial not move when the Grand californian or DCA get built.... it is expeinsive to move it.... it is easier to find a attraction that can use whats there... then to replace it when their are better options...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    One... as stated before... the track is too integrated into every building.. (and remember... Buzz didn't destroy it's portion of the track..)

The monorail.. hmm.. Tjhat would be Expensive to remove/repalace... thats a custom track.. not a standard like WDWs.. and on top of that the standard is expensive...

why else did the monorial not move when the Grand californian or DCA get built.... it is expeinsive to move it.... it is easier to find a attraction that can use whats there... then to replace it when their are better options...
    I completely disagree. They don't have to remove the portions within the buildings. Just the outdoor sections. Demolotion is cheap, you guys have no idea.

Further, the monorail moved when the show building for Indiana Jones was built. The monorail is SIMPLE to move. The supports and track pieces are very easy to construct. Come on... you don't have to be an experienced ride designer or anything special to see the simplicity of this design. A ride like Space Mountain would be $75 million, but to relocate a dozen support poles and extensions of the monorail. Do you see it now... its not comparable, nor expensive, nor hard to do. Monorails are very simple, standard or not standard.

• Banned User

Didn't some of the monorail teack have to move when DTD was built... how much did it coast to move a "small" chunk of track....

(and dont forget... if you move some.. you may have to get "new" track to connect to the old track...)

I don't think the monerail moved when the built DTD

but it is true you can manipulate the track a bit without too many problems if you plan it out right

the Monerail wasn't put through DCA because Pressler/Eisner were trying to keep the costs as low as possible

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    I don't think the monerail moved when the built DTD

but it is true you can manipulate the track a bit without too many problems if you plan it out right

the Monerail wasn't put through DCA because Pressler/Eisner were trying to keep the costs as low as possible
    It seemed to me that the monerail was closer to the Disneyland Hotel...

I always saw that as a big mistake not bring the MR through DCA... this is more for obvious reasons that it would have "advertised" DCA for those attending DL...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123