Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Exclamation Crowds! Is It Spring Break Already???

So I go to the DLR this morning, 3/27/06, as I have done at least once a month on a Monday and....

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

WHERE did all these people come from? I got in line at 10:45 and the DL lines stretched ALLLLLL across the esplanade, and DCA still had fairly sizeable lines as well. It's a MONDAY, and Easter is still over THREE weeks away!! Since WHEN does everyone get off for spring break early? Are these year round school people? Kids EVERYWHERE!!! I've never SEEN so many LEASHES and STROLLERS! I doubt they hit capacity today, but dang...it was WELL on it's way when I left!

Is this a harbinger of things to come? The busiest Spring in history? Park closures due to crowds from 4/9 - 4/23??

As I left to head over to DCA at 12:30, the DL line was almost to the California letters!! I glanced at the wait time board before I left and Splash was 90 minutes and SM was 70 something. By 11:00 am, both of the Matterhorn lines stretched all around to the back of the mountain and into the street!

So...just a heads up, Karla and company....with the extra draw of the mini Gay Day, I would get to the park EARLY this Saturday....if it's anything like today, it could hit capacity.

(Does anyone have any numbers for 3/27? I was expecting the typical half empty park as Easter is three weeks away. )

p.s. I also saw my first female train engineer today!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Crowds! Is It Spring Break Already???

It was spring break two weeks ago when we were at the Resort and I guess that it will be SB until it's summer! At least according to the crowds...

• The one, the only...

Remember that the 2fer offer is still going on. People tend to wait until the last minute to take advantage of such things. I think that attendance will be high from now on.

(I myself will be still going of course! I don't want to discourage you from going since DL is habit forming!)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

spring break is already over for me

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Hooterville, USA

Spring break usually lasts 6 weeks at DL. The 50th celebration mixed in with the spectacular fireworks show has brought people back to DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Yep, it was crazy crowded today! I got there at 12:20ish, and the lines were all across the esplanade. I almost turned around and went home and then they opened another gate and most of my line went there.

When we came back out at 1:15 or so, that line was gone and the bag check line was backed up to the tram. They only had one security tent open at that point and the police were there.
    A signature should go here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    So I go to the DLR this morning, 3/27/06, as I have done at least once a month on a Monday and....

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

WHERE did all these people come from? I got in line at 10:45 and the DL lines stretched ALLLLLL across the esplanade, and DCA still had fairly sizeable lines as well. It's a MONDAY, and Easter is still over THREE weeks away!! Since WHEN does everyone get off for spring break early? Are these year round school people? Kids EVERYWHERE!!! I've never SEEN so many LEASHES and STROLLERS! I doubt they hit capacity today, but dang...it was WELL on it's way when I left!

Is this a harbinger of things to come? The busiest Spring in history? Park closures due to crowds from 4/9 - 4/23??

As I left to head over to DCA at 12:30, the DL line was almost to the California letters!! I glanced at the wait time board before I left and Splash was 90 minutes and SM was 70 something. By 11:00 am, both of the Matterhorn lines stretched all around to the back of the mountain and into the street!

So...just a heads up, Karla and company....with the extra draw of the mini Gay Day, I would get to the park EARLY this Saturday....if it's anything like today, it could hit capacity.

(Does anyone have any numbers for 3/27? I was expecting the typical half empty park as Easter is three weeks away. )

p.s. I also saw my first female train engineer today!
    well I fly in at 9:00 and wil be at the motel to throw things in then to the park, I guess I am looking at long lines but I will be going to alladin and some off spots that I do nto think a lot of people go to. Buttercup was telling me about inoventions and the cool stuff here ( well we have never seen it so its cool ) so we can still have fun and try to get out of the crowds. we had reserve seating for alladin so that should help. ( maybe thanks for the heads up my friend

• I Love Disneyland!!

This has been a really busy month. I went the 15th, 17th and 24th and the best day (for rides) was the wettest one. When it rained, all the families went home with their soaked kids. (yeah!) and we got 27 rides in that day. This past Saturday was really fun though cuz it was busy but we took time to shop, took pictures at the hub, played the golf game at the penny arcade and sat on Main Street watching people and that was something we don't normally take the time to do. So if it's busy... take the time to do those things that you don't do so often and ABUSE THE FAST PASS!!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Banned User

I don't have spring break for another 2 weeks

• For You!

my kids are out for spring break this week - unfortunately, we're spending it in Utah - waiting for another snowstorm!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• no flash photography...

yes, my daughter is on spring break this week. My mother is off for two or three weeks...so yes we are in spring break season and they tend to be scattered out over the month or so.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm confused as to when spring break is? I thought it was the last two weeks of March?

I was there today. Got there around 1pm...it was impossibly crowded..insanely crowded. Sux, cuz I'm taking a little vacation from work so I have days off and its packed. Boooo

• Senior Minion

Sunday took three trams just to leave for the Mickey and friends structure. That was wild, but I'm sure not unusual.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Smile Re: Crowds! Is It Spring Break Already???

Well here in Vegas, Spring Break for elementary through high-school is April 10-14th, which is when I'm gonna be there. I'm pretty sure spring break varies from school district to school district.

• Defeats the Huns

Many colleges/universities have their Spring Breaks at the end of March.

Grade schoolers have their breaks closer to Easter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast