Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C'mon rain!

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Re: C'mon rain!

I happen to love rain in general so having it rain if I'm at DL is a huge treat. If you wear glasses, get or bring a baseball cap to keep the raindrops off the insides of you lenses. If you happen to be cat-like and not like being wet, I'd stay away.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Senior Minion

I've gone in the rain many times. New Years Eve 2005, was one of them!
    Had it not rained, the crowds would have been twice as big. About mid-day, the rain was coming down sideways. So we stood by the piano(Coke) for a bit and watched folks take their kids and familys back to the hotel, home, etc. It cleared up though and the rest of the evening went great!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I've gone in the rain many times. New Years Eve 2005, was one of them!
    Had it not rained, the crowds would have been twice as big. About mid-day, the rain was coming down sideways. So we stood by the piano(Coke) for a bit and watched folks take their kids and familys back to the hotel, home, etc. It cleared up though and the rest of the evening went great!
    I was there that day too. The morning in the rain was HELL at disneyland, since the park was abnormally crowded for NYE. But once it was raining for a few hours it cleared up considerably.

But the morning was truly an awful experience... the lines were HUGE and under no cover.

However, on a normal day (such as today, tuesday March 28th), Disneyland in the rain should be quite uncrowded.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Banned User

is it raining again there today? wow and the 10 day forcast this coming week is clear and sunny

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    is it raining again there today? wow and the 10 day forcast this coming week is clear and sunny
    It's pouring right now. LOL you might as well ask Esmeralda's crystal ball what the weather is going to be like -- meteorologists are wrong, what 99.9% of the time?.

Honestly, I should take up a career as a meteorologist. I can just make stuff up all the time, be wrong about my predictions, (oh yes, there's a..... umm cold front coming in) and still have a job. Oh and then there's the difficult task of reading how high the temperatures were during the day. Oooh, that's stressful.

Heh I would pack clothes if it were sunny and if it were rainy. Then you can just look out the window and predict the weather that morning heheh
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

It's currently not raining nearby, but looks like it could start up again. Keep your feet dry and you'll be okay.

It was so crowded yesterday that I'll bet all of those families that are here on vacation will probably still be at the park despite the weather. At least they can go back to their hotels to change their clothes.
    A signature should go here.

• Senior Minion

We hung out for a while in Behind-O-ventions by one of the exits, when it got really bad mid day. But it was nice I remember seeing you later on that evening.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

say can I bring an umbrella on the plane? looks like your weather is messed up, it says sunny, but do I trust the weather man ?

• With my wife....

I've always wanted to do the Jungle Cruise in pouring rain. Somehow I think that would add a lot to the experience. Unfortunately for me, Cuzco is one of those cat-like people who hates being wet, so I'm not sure it'll ever happen...
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The DLR is great in the rain. It's even greater drying out in front of the GCH fireplace!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Rides against injustice

I've heard Main St. tends to flood when it really pours. Anyone know about that? I havent done Disneyland in the rain, but I did goto Universal Studios once when it was raining. Also, dont even bother going to Magic Mountain when it rains. I used to work as a Guest Relations CM there and most if not all of the rides are shut down when it rains.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    Yeah, it's absolutely wonderful in the rain, but I will echo the sentiment of "be prepared." It's only fun if you can stay dry, so if there's even the threat of rain, bring a warm jacket and an umbrella.
    Definetly agree with this statement. I've been there a couple of times when it rained and the last time I went was awful, New Years Day. I would have been fine, since I did bring my own umbrella and my heavy jacket underneath a few layers of clothing but my dad "borrowed" my jacket during the non-rain times and I never got it back and had to endure the coldness of the January rain in only a light sweater and literally "wet" blanket. Listen to what the others have said, be prepared because it is no fun when you're all soggy and cold.

• The Unknown Princess

You can have our rain. We have been on a Flash Flood watch for the past month it seems like and are expected to get more rain in the next few days.....

• Life is Great!

I love the park in the rain, i miss the park in the rain! now, if its going to rain we have to stay home, cant wait for the kiddos to get older so we can go in the rain again.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

I'm curious about what rides typically close in the rain. I've been a few times when it was "sprinkling" and didn't notice anything closed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast