Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C'mon rain!

• Rainicorn.

Re: C'mon rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Genris
    I'm curious about what rides typically close in the rain. I've been a few times when it was "sprinkling" and didn't notice anything closed.
    They only close the rides when it's raining hard enough to leave a footprint of water on the ground when you walk. It's usually the outdoor rides like Splash, the Teacups, etc.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• I was deleted.

I was there last Jan. for weeks of rain! It can be fun, but it really got to the CMs after a while. So I started to try and make them smile too.. so the I could smile myself. Have fun! You're right about the crowds..

• Artsy Fartsy

This is what it was like for me in the rain.

[IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6m4v8ubq0103m8.png[/IMG]

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl

ok, I better go buy more poncho;s!
    I just saw the weather report, it now has gone down from 70's while I am there to 69 being the hig all those days. Ok, so what next, flash flooding

• love my friends

I LOVE DL in the rain.. the crowds are alot better.. not so many line ups.. LOVE THE RAIN here in so CAL.. lOVE IT

Friends for life

• Disney Nerd

i love it when it rains. the lines of course get shorter,but it just feels like more fun. my favorite thing even in the rain, is going on Splash. when you're already soaked who cares about a little more water. it's the best! then run over and hop on mr. toad will warm you right up.

playing is awesome, but not always working. especially now that i'm on main street at the bakery....you one stop shop for specialty coffees and such.....

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    I've always wanted to do the Jungle Cruise in pouring rain. Somehow I think that would add a lot to the experience. Unfortunately for me, Cuzco is one of those cat-like people who hates being wet, so I'm not sure it'll ever happen...
    JC would SEEM like fun in the rain but it is not. The seats are all wet and there are hanging buckets around the tops of the JC boats that pour water on you when the boat turns.

Really it is a miserable experience. Stick to indoor rides.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Still wants to be a cat!

OK, walls of water coming down right now! High winds too! Told Wolfman to stay where he's at......driving is not a good thing during a storm like this!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • debating what to put here

I spent a few hours at the park tonight. It was POURING! It was also a really fun evening. It seemed like there were less than 1000 people in the whole park and damn near everything was a walk on. I did 6 attractions in an hour.

I love it when it is like that.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    JC would SEEM like fun in the rain but it is not. The seats are all wet and there are hanging buckets around the tops of the JC boats that pour water on you when the boat turns.

Really it is a miserable experience. Stick to indoor rides.

I will second this about the Jungle Cruise ...been there, done that!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser
    I spent a few hours at the park tonight. It was POURING! It was also a really fun evening. It seemed like there were less than 1000 people in the whole park and damn near everything was a walk on. I did 6 attractions in an hour.

I love it when it is like that.
    There were of course more than 1000 people, but your estimate is much closer than you might think. Let's just say that if the rain hadn't stopped and the mass exodus hadn't let up, we would have closed the park early. As it was, I counted six people in Town Square at one point. It was bizarre. I wish I could have played, I would have been running from ride to ride.

I think Peter Pan and Snow White also close in the rain (it seems that the fireworks fallout has been burning holes in their roofs) but I haven't heard official confirmation of this.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl

I am so jealous!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Merry 2014!

Looks kinda lonley in the rain. I mean, I don't like the crowds either but I also wouldn't want the park all to myself either.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    I think Peter Pan and Snow White also close in the rain (it seems that the fireworks fallout has been burning holes in their roofs) but I haven't heard official confirmation of this.
    While I'll accept that as backstage rumor, if it's true then this show is taking a serious toll on the park between this and a similar incident Al mentioned at the Matterhorn a few months back (though I never saw any confirmation of that from anyone else.)

It's bad enough that they don't have enough space to properly do this attempt at a large, WDW-esque fireworks show. It's bad enough that they have to shut down several Fantasyland attractions in addition to the fully-expected Toontown closure, but if they haven't actually prepared the surfaces for this stuff... What are they thinking? If a fire starts in or around one of the classic rides, there's about a kajillion people packed like sardines between the firehouse and the castle. Maybe they'll start shuffling guests backstage to clear room in a hurry if such a situation arises, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825
    Also, dont even bother going to Magic Mountain when it rains. I used to work as a Guest Relations CM there and most if not all of the rides are shut down when it rains.
    They have Cast Members at Magic Mountain? Who knew? I bet you've got some good stories to tell Zorro825!

The last time I went to Magic Mountain we stopped in Guest Relations for a map, and while waiting in line I went around the lobby and straightened all of the horribly crooked pictures of roller coasters hanging on the wall. The Guest Relations lobby at Magic Mountain is a radically different experience than the average Disney theme park Guest Relations lobby.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast