Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• the subs were cool maan

Rocket Jets/Astro Orbiter

We all know that the Rocket Jets ROCKED and the astro orbiter STINKS

With the TomorrowlandRevitalizationPlan, are there any plans on demolishing the 'observatron' and putting BACK the Rocket Jets BACK where they belong? Or are they going to leave them there like it is, as a reminder of the mistakes of Tomorrowland '98?

• Santa Barbara, CA

I think they are planning to make the rockets run one inch above the ground.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    why did they close down?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

because they thought it was a good idea to lower them and put them at the enterance. IDIOTS! maan. well does anybody know if they will put them back up on top of the peoplemover/rocket rod platform? also, anybody know when we can call it the "Peoplemover 2.0" track, instead of the "former peoplemover/ rocket rod track"?

Blog Entries
    Wait I'm confused? Why did they close down?

~

nooooooo not the astro orbiter, its still open

my question is with this whole "tomorrowland revitalization plan"

are there any plans on bring the astro orbiter back up to the top of the peoplemover station?

Blog Entries
    no the roclet rods, your post confused me, why did they close?

~

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    no the roclet rods, your post confused me, why did they close?
    There's the eating of tires everyday, and the costant breakdowns were a bummer as well, not to mension the structural damage...
    -Monorail Man

Blog Entries
    :O well they can change them if they re-did them.. Make them like a roller coaster

~

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    :O well they can change them if they re-did them.. Make them like a roller coaster
    lack of banked turns was destroying the tracks and the buidings it went through on the Rocket rods, along with the high maintenance cost of replacing those tires all the time, poor capacity and other such issues. It was determined that they would cost millions and millions more to fix and nobody wanted to spend money to build this ride a second time.

as for the Rocket Jets/Astro Orbiter, from what I understand for one reason or another WDI wanted to clone the Paris orbiter over exactly rather then do an overlay on the existing ride mechanisum (like what was done for WDW) but since the Paris mechanisum is bigger then the rocket jets one (it does infact carry more rockets) they couldn't fit it up on the tower because it was too heavy, so instead they decided to just set it in the entryway making a poor intrance to tomorrowland in my opinion (comsic waves would've done better being in the front) and yes there was also some pressure to not put it on the platform because Pressler did not like paying maintenance on that elevator

• CharlesJ in NoCAL

Peoplemover 2.0 Say it is soooo!

What About Peoplemover 2.0? Please tell me it is coming back! That was the best ride in the park...slow, relaxing, neet show elements, and the best part the ability to people watch as you cruised around on the outside!
    Last edited by cj843; 04-01-2005 at 08:20 AM. Reason: add more stuff
    When it's time to go home and visit...It's time to go to Disneyland!!!

I think the Astro Orbiter at WDW is really kinda cool, but that's because it's up high. If I wanna ride a simple spinning up and down kinda ride, I'll go on Dumbo. They really need to get rid of the Observatron and put on a new orbiter. Has anyone been to the Mall of America? There's a ride there called the Treetop Tumbler, which is really, really cool, and a ride like that would be an awesome addition to the Tomorrowland lineup. Check it own on the MOA website.

The peoplemover really needs to come back, it's by far my favorite attraction in TL at WDW, simply because it loads fast, and lets me see Space Mountain. I still think cars ala Incredibles would be a neat addition.

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by cj843
    What About Peoplemover 2.0? Please tell me it is coming back! That was the best ride in the park...slow, relaxing, neet show elements, and the best part the ability to people watch as you cruised around on the outside!
    I enjoyed it too! Rocket Rods wasn't that great in my opinion....it went fast, but in a circle. Plus I went on it only once in my life because the line was always so long (opening day of new TL, the line stretched all the way to Main St!) and the ride was too quick (like the Gadget coaster). I might as well have gone on Space Mountain if I wanted to go fast! Astro Orbiter is fun though...it's like Dumbo on speed
    Last edited by DustMeUpTink; 04-01-2005 at 09:59 AM.
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    I think the Astro Orbiter at WDW is really kinda cool, but that's because it's up high. If I wanna ride a simple spinning up and down kinda ride, I'll go on Dumbo. They really need to get rid of the Observatron and put on a new orbiter. Has anyone been to the Mall of America? There's a ride there called the Treetop Tumbler, which is really, really cool, and a ride like that would be an awesome addition to the Tomorrowland lineup. Check it own on the MOA website.

The peoplemover really needs to come back, it's by far my favorite attraction in TL at WDW, simply because it loads fast, and lets me see Space Mountain. I still think cars ala Incredibles would be a neat addition.
    WDW's is the same mechanism.. just rethemed...

DL's original mechanism is still running... (or borken now) as that darn observatron....

Replace the satelites with rockets again and make an unique attration again!

• Banned User

Think about it. RocketJets/Astro Orbitor is just Dumbo....

It is a kiddy ride. On top of the Rocket Rods, it is too high for kids and too boring for teens and adults.... No target audience.... AND NO!!!!!! "It looked good and added motion to the area" IS NOT a good reason for a ride without a target audience to exist. Besides, the elevator gantry was OOOOGGLLYYYYY.

On the ground, it HAS a target audience, the Kids. It is no longer too scary for them to ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast