Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: Ideas for a third park?

I think the Villains land would work better for the Islands of Adventure type Disney theme park. I still can't see the potential for an entire park. Like someone said, what would you call the different lands?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    I think the Villains land would work better for the Islands of Adventure type Disney theme park. I still can't see the potential for an entire park. Like someone said, what would you call the different lands?
    Does one neccesarily need different lands? If the whole park were to be Villain-themed, I'm assuming there wouldn't be a point to have different lands. You can have a lot of roller coasters, or fast-paced rides that everyone would love, but not just like Six Flags, gotta have more depth to the rides obviously to tie into the specific villain the ride is representing. Like I dunno, having a Maleficent themed coaster would be excellent, or some speed boats that are like in the Rescuers to be named after Medusa. Possibilities are endless IMO.

• ...TWO BITS!

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Actually, yes I have!

• șoș Tom șoș

I'm sure misterp is also thinking of fixing most of those park problems before building the 3rd park in Anahiem. After that, here's my thoughts for a 3rd park:

For the 3rd park in Anaheim, I would like to see a Discovery Bay/DisneySEA/WESTcot's World Showcase/ Animal Kingdom/ Myths & Legends hybrid theme park. With different contenitents represented in World Showcase, that is where character attractions and shows can take place where it can't fit in DL (like Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Hunchback, Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Tarzan, and Aladdin). Myths & Legends go along with that country/contient's myths & legends such as Greek and Viking gods and dragons. Animal Kingdom part brings in small managable plants and animals from those places here (no gorillas or elephants because these require more and larger care which I don't think there would be enough space to house their needs. Snakes and monkeys would probably be more acceptable). For Discovery Bay part, something like Sinbad, Odyessus, etc. The park layout would be closer to DAK & DL. I dislike the man-made lagoon right now because it takes up a lot of space that can be better used. This is really a bare-bones description. I'm working on a more detailed version right now. I think it's coming out great.

EDIT: When WDI construct places like Greece, Mexico, or Indian Palaces, it should be in their height of glory instead of ruins. But I don't think I needed to mention that.

Of course there's a need for more hotels and parking, etc. Then 1 water park. That Pirates of the Caribbean water park rumor sounded neat. Other movies with water: Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, this is all I can think of.

THEN I would think this would be a complete resort destination. :yeah:

Someone suggested to build the park in LA or Long Beach dock/pier to have a theme park, hotel, and cruise line dock. This would certainly be interesting. Not sure if it could work though.
    You know its freakish how often we have the same thought on rides and themes and stories and what not, we defintly need to stop sharing the one brain between the two of us.

I stand by the Myths and Legends themed park- lay it out like an old world map and characters and movies not represented in Disneyland can be weaved into the fabric of myths and legends- Lil Mermaid,Hercules, Mulan, Lion King, plus resurected American tales like- Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, John Henry, etc- and new stories likes Vikings

• Man of Logic and Reason

I heard they were thinking about using the Strawberry Field/Cast Member parking property to build a Pirates of the Carribean Water Park (but it's still in its blue sky phase and not near actual planning for building purposes). They might build it at one of the other resorts, or not at all, but they did talk about building a third park in Anaheim and making it a water park.

• With my wife....

Yeah, there's been talk of building something over on the strawberry fields for a while now. Problem is, the city of Anaheim is likely going to use eminent domain to reclaim a strip of land right down the middle for a new road leading down to the stadium and arena. There's some big city improvement plan they've got in mind that will just about kill the plan for a 3rd gate in that area if it pans out how the city wants it.

Unless Imagineering can somehow figure out how to build a park that goes over or under the major street? That would be interesting, wouldn't it?
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Eh, I think they're calling it "Garden Walk". I know what you're talking about. I rather have my DLR expansion.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    You know its freakish how often we have the same thought on rides and themes and stories and what not, we defintly need to stop sharing the one brain between the two of us.

I stand by the Myths and Legends themed park- lay it out like an old world map and characters and movies not represented in Disneyland can be weaved into the fabric of myths and legends- Lil Mermaid,Hercules, Mulan, Lion King, plus resurected American tales like- Johnny Appleseed, Pecos Bill, Paul Bunyan, John Henry, etc- and new stories likes Vikings
    Haha. I think we took up roots here: http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/18758-new-theme-park-ideas-disneyland.html . I still love your ideas!

Thinking about it more: 1 park should be WESTcot World Showcase/ Animal Kingdom hybrid. The other park should be Islands of Adventure/ DisneySEA hybrid. Hmmm...although I like Myths & Legends, maybe split that into these 2 parks. I don't know, that's just my quick opinion. Please don't scold me

AHAH! How could we have forgotten to put a Narnia land in IOA/DS hybrid park?!
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-28-2006 at 07:22 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• love my friends

i hear they are making a thrid park. a water theme park.. like tokyo disney

it will be ion the left side of habor about a block formdisney

Friends for life

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Hmmm... Never heard that one before.

-Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Yeah, there's been talk of building something over on the strawberry fields for a while now. Problem is, the city of Anaheim is likely going to use eminent domain to reclaim a strip of land right down the middle for a new road leading down to the stadium and arena. There's some big city improvement plan they've got in mind that will just about kill the plan for a 3rd gate in that area if it pans out how the city wants it.

Unless Imagineering can somehow figure out how to build a park that goes over or under the major street? That would be interesting, wouldn't it?
    They can do what they have going on at LAX with Sepulveda Blvd. running underneath the airport? Can't they do that in Anaheim as well? The major streeet running underneath the 3rd gate instead of over it?

• Down Pluto!

Disney Florida Adventure!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    i hear they are making a thrid park. a water theme park.. like tokyo disney

it will be ion the left side of habor about a block formdisney
    Sounds more like a lost remnant of the original Disney Sea plans.

With the history that seems to have plagued Garden Walk this road can't be in the near future. You figure if Disney gets going and has something great, would the city really insist on it being torn down?

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket

^ Eh, I think they're calling it "Garden Walk". I know what you're talking about. I rather have my DLR expansion.
    No, this is different from Garden Walk. They are planning on extending Gene Autrey Way all the way to the convention center, cutting the strawberry feild in half, and turning it into a Platinum Triangle, with high end hotels, condos, shopping, etc. They never ran that plan by Disney, though, it was more like just a proposal from what I heard. I don't think they would impliment something like that without Disney being on board. It is NOT a plan set in stone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast