Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Donalds younger brother

Ideas for a third park?

I think if they do a third park they should really do a compeltey new park. Not just importing from other parks. Something thats makes you go wow thats diffrent cant wait. Not just another test track and evres ride. Take trill rides to the next level. How about a roller coster that stars normal then goes underwater. humm see makes you think dont it

Re: Ideas for a third park?

What should the theme be?

I like the coaster idea, kind of like that water slide at this one hotel in the Caribbean somewhere that starts out above that goes through a shark tank.

• Minion

To tell you the truth, I think there should be one in Marceline, Missouri!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

^ OOOH AHHHH Marceline. zzzzzzzz wake me up when we get home.

• Minion

lol.

Missouri had there chance and they threw it away. Well mainly it was St. Louis' fault and Anheuser Busch's comment to Walt Disney that the deal went sour. I think if it went through, St. Louis (which in some parts is nice as I've seen from my family there; but my view wasn't so well) would be a nicer city and more of a bigger destination as Walt Disney would have made an educational, historical, and entertaining family attraction along the Mississippi River near the Gateway Arch.

I think that maybe no park should be built for a while and the parks that we have be improved. DCA, WDS, and HKDL are all crying for help and slowing they are getting it, and from the new reports TDL and TDS may need some reinforcement, DLP could use some little perks, WDW needs improvements all around, and DL is on the course towards the top.

• Minion

• =)

Themes...themes...themes...

It would need to be something broad enough to encompass multiple aspects of the same topic. In the case of Disneyland, there really is no all-inclusive theme besides the fact that you're in an imaginary world. It's the individual lands that carry the thematic weight, as you all know. But it would be risky to try to pull that off again. I'd rather see something with a little more overall thematic definition.

Still no specific ideas...

I think it's currently a bad idea to build a third gate. Work on DCA first, as much as I hate to say it.

A couple years back I heard Disney bought a good amount of property near Greenbrier West Virginia. Not only is it near the world famous resort/tourist trap, it's also near DC, Baltimore, NY and Philly (near in hour terms)... Sounds like good property to build on.

• Donalds younger brother

disney owns quite a bit of land that can be used it just a question of when they want to use it

• ...TWO BITS!

I'm sure misterp is also thinking of fixing most of those park problems before building the 3rd park in Anahiem. After that, here's my thoughts for a 3rd park:

For the 3rd park in Anaheim, I would like to see a Discovery Bay/DisneySEA/WESTcot's World Showcase/ Animal Kingdom/ Myths & Legends hybrid theme park. With different contenitents represented in World Showcase, that is where character attractions and shows can take place where it can't fit in DL (like Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, Hunchback, Mary Poppins, Jungle Book, Tarzan, and Aladdin). Myths & Legends go along with that country/contient's myths & legends such as Greek and Viking gods and dragons. Animal Kingdom part brings in small managable plants and animals from those places here (no gorillas or elephants because these require more and larger care which I don't think there would be enough space to house their needs. Snakes and monkeys would probably be more acceptable). For Discovery Bay part, something like Sinbad, Odyessus, etc. The park layout would be closer to DAK & DL. I dislike the man-made lagoon right now because it takes up a lot of space that can be better used. This is really a bare-bones description. I'm working on a more detailed version right now. I think it's coming out great.

EDIT: When WDI construct places like Greece, Mexico, or Indian Palaces, it should be in their height of glory instead of ruins. But I don't think I needed to mention that.

Of course there's a need for more hotels and parking, etc. Then 1 water park. That Pirates of the Caribbean water park rumor sounded neat. Other movies with water: Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, Bedknobs & Broomsticks, this is all I can think of.

THEN I would think this would be a complete resort destination. :yeah:

Someone suggested to build the park in LA or Long Beach dock/pier to have a theme park, hotel, and cruise line dock. This would certainly be interesting. Not sure if it could work though.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-27-2006 at 09:10 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Don't you think that in a Kingdom where there is a DisneyLAND it would only be appropriate to have a DisneySEA too? hmm.. Or perhaps maybe a DisneyAIR or DisneySPACE could be suitable off-shoots too
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

• ...TWO BITS!

Larxene1959 had this to say on another thread:

I think they should have a park dedicated to the more adventerous Disney Movies (Treasure Island and Planet, Atlantis, possibly have the villians area there, The Gore Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy, and Kingdom Hearts)

It would be the Disney equivelant to Islands of adventure... but... I have no Idea what I'd call it...
    For some reason the names "Expedition: Exploration" or "Expedition: Discovery" comes to mind. What do you think? Probably too close to "Expedition: Everest", huh? Or maybe something with the word "Mission".

And don't say "Mission: Impossible" OR "Mission: Possible".

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• With my wife....

"Disney's We-Might-Get-It-Right-This-Time Adventure"?

I'd love to visit DWMGIRTTA!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

If there were to be a 3rd park at the DLR, I'd vote hands down for a Villain-themed park. Coasters and dark rides, etc. of all of our favorite Disney Villains, it would be so awesome.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast