Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Donalds younger brother

Red Face Pirates revamp? Good idea or bad

I really cant say if it is or not to add to it. I want to know others think. I think a little change is good but change to much and you loose the spirit of the original.
    Last edited by misterp102778; 03-27-2006 at 07:58 PM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Pirates revamp? Good idea or bad

I personally am sad to see it change from the original.

The PC version a few years back made steam come from my ears.

I'm not sure how I will like the rumored changes that are in store for it. Basing it off of the movie just seems to be the trend these days.

We'll see...

• For You!

I'll tell you when it's revealed - it could be great - it could be really sad.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Donalds younger brother

I just hope they never put eddie murphay on the hm ride. i will cry

• ...TWO BITS!

I will wait to make judgement on the pirate revamp. I can't see them putting Eddie in HM. I would definately cry if that ever happens. But I'm confident it WON'T happen.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i like the idea that they're changing if for the movie. if they leave it like that forever it will be bad

• Banned User

Yea, what they said

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

It makes sense for Disney to capitalize on the success of the films. Much of Walt's Disneyland focuses on his films and classic cartoons. I've riden POTC several times and overheard guests (first-timers usually) wonder where Jack Sparrow is. I'm sure the imagineers will do a good job. Sure, it'll be different, but I don't think it will be ruined.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

If this refurb had been announced a couple years ago, I'd be concerned. The people who put in Pooh should not have anything to do with changing a classic like Pirates. But these days there's more evidence that the creatives are back in control, so I'm looking forward to the new stuff. There's been plenty of press that indicates that they're being very careful to NOT change the original spirit of the attraction - only to add to it. We'll see how successful they were.

Blog Entries

As someone who was a fan of the original Pirates, I'm sad to see the changes come although I don't know how much they'll detract. Who knows, maybe they'll add to it.

I do know that the few times I've ridden the ride though, I've heard several younger guests who didn't know the ride was an original and thought it was based on the movie (instead of the other way around) complain about the ride being boring or stupid for not having scenes from the movie in it.

Personally I think that could all be fixed by just putting some tv's in the queue line that tells the story of how the movie came to be based on an original Walt creation that has stood the test of time and show which scenes from the ride made it into the movie, etc.. Then right before you get on the boat have something like, "And now, prepare to voyage back in time to see the original attraction which started it all, prepare to meet The Pirates of the Caribean."

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

While I understand your intent, I really REALLY don't want to see tv's in the queue for Pirates. I really enjoy the vibe of that queue that slowly brings you in from the outside world and into LaFitte's Landing.

• Use the Force

I am torn on this one. Really torn. I'm a purist, I openly admit that, and that part of me says NO! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? That's the same part that did that when they did the PC revamp (ugh). I don't like change as a rule and I figure if something works, why change it? The movie WAS based on the ride, not the other way around. So I'm doing a lot of grumbling. Especially about taking out my favorite captain. I thought the ride was great (my fave) just as it was. And yes, I've heard some newbies wonder where jack sparrow was, but I think having some kind of announcement in the beginning telling a little about 'the ride that started it all' or some kind of plaque outside would fix that.

I guess we'll see in July!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• Just this guy......

My two thoughts are:

No matter how the revamp goes there are going to be people who will hate it no matter what because it’s not the original

And now us old fogies can at lease say….. “I remember when Pirates use to be good…..”

• Earth Intruder

Wierd didn't we have like 4 threads already on this same topic?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

Blog Entries

I'm hoping that this update goes well and works for both sides. Those of us who love Pirates the way it is will still get for the most part, the experience we're used to and those guests who've never known Pirates outside of the movie will finally get the character's from the movie they know.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast