• Donalds younger brother

which resort hotel is your fav

I so far have stayed both at the disneyland hotel and paradise pier and I actually liked the paradise pier better. we are going agian in july and going to stay at the grand califorina. Just wanted to know what peoples favoirite.

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: which resort hotel is your fav

Grand Californian. No Competition. The design and atmosphere of the hotel is simply amazing.

• For You!

I've only stayed at the GCH and PP - I think that I actually liked the PP better. My kids loved the water slide! While the GCH was a "higher class" it was decorated too adult. I like the closeness and the fitness walk. But, I think next time, I'm going to shoot for the DLH. I've heard fun things about it.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• A Pirate's life for me!

We've stayed at all of the Towers and the PP, and our personal favorite is the DL Hotel, Sierra Tower, 9th floor overlooking both Parks and DTD. We're starting to call it our "usual room" when checking in (with our fingers crossed behind our backs hoping that a room is available). LOL

Really though, you can't go wrong with any of them.

• Just Me

We stayed at PP the December before DCA opened. We had a great view, but a very long walk to and from the park-no monorails were running, no trams to the park. The following year we stayed at DLH. I preferred it over PP. The next year we stayed at GCH. Our room overlooked GRR. I loved the balcony, it was a great place to have a drink, put my feet up and relax. The Boy loved the bunkbeds, Hubby liked everything. The downside was that the room was rather small. Since I keep different hours than the guys, I ended up sitting on the bathroom floor reading.

The year after that we were back at DLH. We had a small suite in the Bonita tower. It was great!!! I could go to the Lost Bar and the guys could see me from the window. I also enjoyed the concierge lounge. For me this will be the only way to go form now on.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    Grand Californian. No Competition. The design and atmosphere of the hotel is simply amazing.
    It does look beautiful from the lobby wander that I had.

Just a quick question to nobody in particular: I'm planning WAY ahead (2 years!), but we really need to work out budgets etc. If we were only staying a handful of days (say 3 nights), is the GC really expensive? I know what the prices on the official site are, but many of you appear to have stayed on Disney property. I thought you might have a few hints at how to stay on Disney property at a reduced rate...

Are the other two Disney hotels worth staying at if you are just going to flop and visit the park? Because GC is the only one with direct park access (to DCA) isn't it? Otherwise, we may as well stay at the HoJo across the road again if it is going to be really pricey.

Anyhoo, this is years away. Just a general query really...
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    It does look beautiful from the lobby wander that I had.

Just a quick question to nobody in particular: I'm planning WAY ahead (2 years!), but we really need to work out budgets etc. If we were only staying a handful of days (say 3 nights), is the GC really expensive? I know what the prices on the official site are, but many of you appear to have stayed on Disney property. I thought you might have a few hints at how to stay on Disney property at a reduced rate...

Are the other two Disney hotels worth staying at if you are just going to flop and visit the park? Because GC is the only one with direct park access (to DCA) isn't it? Otherwise, we may as well stay at the HoJo across the road again if it is going to be really pricey.

Anyhoo, this is years away. Just a general query really...
    You'll just about need 2 years to afford GCH. Keep in mind tax is 15%.......and so, 15% of a very high rate..... you can imagine. And, who knows what bed & lodging tax will be two years from now?

Plus the resort fee. Right now it's about $11.00 (they add that to every night you stay). I imagine that will have gone up a couple of dollars, two years from now. And, that is mandatory. You can't waive that.

If I do New Years, this year....(if if if) .....it will cost me $530.00 per night----that's with a theme park view, AAA discount, and tax included. !!!

I keep wishing time would go faster, but trying to save up $530.00 per night....I actually could use an extra 2 years for that.

• Use the Force

I've only stayed at PP and DLH and liked the PP way better. Except for the ungodly walk. Oy. Maybe we just didn't know our way around very well, but the walk seemed awful!

They were remodeling the DLH and there was dirt and dust everywhere and so were most of the entrances, so we had to walk out of our way to get to our room.

Thought the PP was sparkling clean and beautiful! Loved the decor.

Staying at the DLH for the first time was a disappointment. It was after our West Coast Disney Cruise (added on to our package). The last night the DLH was full so we made reservations at PP and ended up wishing we had stayed there the whole time.

But we did enjoy playing with the remote control boats (my Dad had a blast!) and we ate at Hook's Pointe for the first time and really liked it.
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778
    I so far have stayed both at the disneyland hotel and paradise pier and I actually liked the paradise pier better. we are going agian in july and going to stay at the grand califorina. Just wanted to know what peoples favoirite.
    We stayed at both PP and DLH, and found them both to be great. I'd say the PP is great for couples, and the DLH is probably best for families. Now if they could only add tram service from PP to the front gate, it would be ideal. The walk isn't terrible, but it can be very inconvenient!

Hopefully we'll be able to stay at the GCH sometime soon (since we recently got engaged in the lobby!), but that $500 nightly pricetag is just a bit too steep for the ol' wallet. One of these days.....
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Loomis
    Since you are planning so far ahead you can get a room at the PP that is not concierge because of there lower prices they typically are the first to go.
    GC is more expensive no matter how much off you get.
    If you are watching your pennies you will be able to buy an additional souvenir or two while staying on resort property and getting the experience.
    Besides you can still go into the lobby which is the best part if you ask me.

This one time on Friends . . .

• no flash photography...

I've staye at all three nad GCH beats the other hands down. The DLH and PPH are on aboutt he same level. i did not prefer one over the other.