Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Carnation Cafe?

Carnation Cafe?

Hey you guys! I'm planning a trip for me and my friends on April 11th to Disneyland. For those of you that have been to Carnation Cafe..how is it? Would you suggest eating there for dinner or for lunch? ANY HELP is gREATLY appreciateD!
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Carnation Cafe?

neither. i would suggest breakfast. it is fabulous! get Oscar's Special Breakfast. Oscar is the head chef there, and he usually comes around the tables and asks how your food is. i haven't been for lunch and would instead suggest pasta at Pizza Port or my favorite, grabbing a corndog and then heading into the Tiki Room to enjoy (and yes, you can take your food with you.)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It would be positively wrong of you not to have a Mickey Mouse Waffle at the Carnation Cafe for breakfast.

• Super saucy pixie!

I had dinner there last month. The chicken pot pie was great and the other adults and children in our party loved it as well. They do this really cute artist's palatte thing for the kids, too!
    I always loved Carnation, but even more so before it was chopped in half. I'd so love to have the whole soda fountain area back again! And a Splash Mountain Sundae to go with it!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Ate lunch at Carnation Cafe a while back with some friends. Wasn't impressed in the least. Extremely over prices sandwiches that really weren't that great. Soups that weren't anything special, and thats about it. If you go, I'd probably heed the others' advice and check out their breakfast menu, and avoid the lunch menu. If you want a mediocre sandwich, get one from the Blue Ribbon Bakery next door.

...This was probably around 1.5-2 years ago though.. so they may have changed the lunch menu by now to something a bit more impressive. I don't know though.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• A Pirate's life for me!

I'm with Miss Christine. Get the breakfast. It's such a treat!

Say hi to Oscar!

i Have To Disagree About Lunch. Their Baked Potato Soup Is To Die For! The Steak Sandwich With Pepper Jack Cheese Is Wonderful! The Sandwich With Salad Or Potato Salad Is Around $9 - Not Bad For Table Service. Get There Around 11:20 To Avoid The Lunch Crowd.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I also love the Carnation Cafe; always have. The food is tasty and hearty, and the atmosphere of dining on Main Street is... well... its just like being at home. Its been a while since I've been there, though, and I'll have to go back soon to try the new things on the menu. That baked potatoe soup sounds great.

My best friend and I used to eat there all the time, so often in fact that I got to know some of the wait staff. They had this German Potatoe Soup, I think it was, that was terrific, and my best friend's favorite. I'll never forget the look of supreme disappointment and dispair on his face the night the waitress told us they had stopped serving it. If this new soup is as good I'll actually buy him a bowl and drive it to him.

• Merry 2014!

Last year I decided to try it for the first time and was really impressed with the breakfast. Had the eggs benedict. Very Good. decent price for a table service place inside disney. The chef did stop by to say hello and ask how the meal was!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Carnation seems like the one place that always is skipped by meets. I would assume that it's small size (vs. our large group), and it's quaint location causes us to skip it. Sounds like a good place for a morning meet.
    -Monorail Man

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

The baked potato soup and Veggie sandwich makes a nice change from some of the fast food fair. My only complaint was having no shade while standing in line; I got a little too much sun.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• The Duck Rules

If I am in the Park you can always find me at Carnation for breakfast. This is probably my favorite place to eat in the Park.

It's amazing how many "regulars" you see. If you go ask for Troy or Bob as your server.

If you plan on dining get a PS as I have waited 40 minutes for a table. Also, if going for breakfast I suggest you have a PS for 8:30 or earlier as it fills up fast.

Monorail Man, I love the idea of a breakfast meet. We would need to get a count and then have a couple of people call for the PS as they will not take a group of 8 or more. I tried for 12 and was told no.
    judimouse

Mousefest 2008 here we come

http://www.tinkstravel.com

http://www.dlresortinfo.com

• The one, the only...

The Carnation Cafe is mediocre. Breakfast would be the best meal. I used to LOVE it when it was the Carnation Ice Cream Parlor. It was fun and had a great menu. Now they have removed all ice cream from the menu. The service is slow. The food over priced for the not-so-great quality. I just wish it was as fine as it was before Eisner came.

Go to breakfast. It will have a short line and lower prices. You can't screw up eggs or waffles.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I also recommend breakfast. Once you sit down, the service is pretty quick, so don't worry if you have to stand in line at all.

The baked potato soup is really good, too, so lunch would be my second choice.
    A signature should go here.

• Use the Force

As many times as I have been to DL I have never eaten at the Carnation. What's up with that? From the sound of it it seems like I'm missing out! How expensive is the breakfast? We usually eat at Mimi's before heading into the park, but maybe we should try the Carnation!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast