• For You!

Pirates Premiere

I just got word that I will be going to Disneyland June 19-26. So, I guess we'll be there for the POTC Premiere - I understand that the park will basically shut down at 5 p.m. - other than crowds, is there anything I should be prepared for?

Thanks

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Pirates Premiere

was just checking the newly released operating schedule for May and June for the parks, and Disney has expanded the hours of operation due to the larger 50th Anniversary Crowds.
    But with the extended hours, it is making more of the Grad Nites to force the park to close early on those days.

There is no conflicts prior to Memorial Day, as Disneyland is operating from 9 AM to 9 PM Monday thru Thursday all month. Disney's California Adventure Park (DCA) is open 10 AM to 7 PM).

But on Memorial Day, plus the Tuesday and Wednesday (30th and 31st), Disneyland is open 9 AM to 10 PM, but Thursday June 1st it is 9 AM to 9 PM due to the Grad Nite.

The week of June 5th, Disneyland is open 9 AM to 11 PM Monday thru Wednesday, but closes at 9 PM on Thursday the 8th due to Grad Nite.

Starting Friday, June 10th, Disneyland is going to the full Peak Summer hours, 8 AM to Midnight, except for the Grad Nites and Pirates Movie Premiere Night.

So we have 9 PM closing on June 14th, 15th, 21st and 22nd due to Grad Nites.

Also, expect some changes to the normal Early Entry Days on June 15th and 22nd. I would contact Disney just prior to your trip, or stop at City Hall when you arrive to see what days they will offer the feature.

On Saturday June 24th, Disneyland will open at 6:30 AM, but close at 5 PM due to the movie premiere.

Over at DCA, they will remain at the off-season openings of 10 AM to 7 PM during the week thru June 15th, before switching to Hours of 10 AM to 9 PM daily on Friday, June 16th. DCA will go to Peak Summer Hours of 10 AM to 10 PM on Friday, July 1st.

DCA remains open to 11 PM on Saturday the 24th to allow folks who can't go to Disneyland due to the movie premiere a place to go to.

You can find this info in a calendar format at Disneyland.com.

Also, no parade of Fireworks on the 24th.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• A Pirate's life for me!

Thanks for the info!

We'll be there from 6-9 'til 6-16.

We'll plan accordingly.

• For You!

thanks - I've read a few past posts, and it sounds like it will be a zoo for the premiere - maybe that's the day we should go to Knott's Berry Farm!! My two little boys, probably wouldn't care to sit all day and watch for Johnny Depp.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Hey I will also be there around that time! Thanks for the info!

• Hooterville, USA

I'm going to sit on Main Street and people watch! There's got to be a lot of stars coming to DL that day!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I'm going to sit on Main Street and people watch! There's got to be a lot of stars coming to DL that day!
    Are you serious?? Does anyone know if Jonny will be there? I would go and sit on the curb all day for a glimps of that action!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Banned User

So the premiere is only open to the stars as of right now? I want to go! Did CMs get to go to the last one?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    So the premiere is only open to the stars as of right now? I want to go! Did CMs get to go to the last one?
    all available info as of 3/28 has been covered in both:
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...rates+premiere
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...rates+premiere
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Saturday June 24th, Disneyland will host a special media event, and then a PRIVATE premiere party for the release of Pirates 2.

Nothing official has been released, but based on a combination of what happened for the first premiere, and the info above, this is an educated guest of what will happen.

Tom Sawyer Island will close on Saturday the 17th, as Disney starts work on installing a large movie screen on the Fantasmic! stage and other related stuff.

Before Park Opening on Monday the 19th, installation will start on bleachers to be set up around the Rivers of America area for the Saturday night event.

Many walkways will be restricted, and CM's will be out to control these pathways. Signs also will be out for the entire week, as many will be only one-way traffic.

Work continues all week on the Rivers of America area.

On Saturday, the day of the event, Main Street will be become one big Red Carpet, and the west side will become a Media only area, and the east side will be the public viewing area. Many folks will get there early to see the stars, and the pathways will be restricted. The park opens at 6:30 AM, and there will be no Early Entry. The west side of the park, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones and others will close around 2 PM due to the private event.

The Park closes at 5 PM, but they will allow guests in the park to watch the celebs walk down the Red Carpet in the Main Street area. All invited guests will walk down the Red Carpet, so many folks you won't know will be on the carpet, especially early on, and then at the end of the carpet, they enter the West Side, which is restricted to those with the VIP passes.

Once the Red Carpet event is over, ALL park guests will be required to leave. DCA will remain open later than normal for those guests.

It is NOT a day to go to the park to enjoy the attractions (Well, early risers can get a few good hours in from about 6:30 to 10 AM, a great time to go to Fantasyland!), but other than that, it is a day to People Watch, and not a day to expect a regular day at the park. There will be no parade or fireworks on Saturday.

Sunday, more than likely the West Side of the park will open later than the rest of the park, and still will have congestion. Plus Pirates and the Blue Bayou will remained closed, partly due to prevent extra congestion, and also for a rumoured media event (invite only).

Based on Fantasmic! returning on Wednesday the 28th, that will be the first day the entire park is back to normal from the premiere.

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for info DarkBeer

Thanks Darkbeer! That's what I wanted to hear/read!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Thanks Darkbeer! That's what I wanted to hear/read!
    Just a reminder, the info I posted is NOT OFFICIAL...

It is based on the info already released, and matching it up with what happened during the first Pirates Premiere.

I think most of it is pretty solid, based on the closures of Fantasmic! and no parades on Saturday in regards to the Red Carpet on Main Street.

But it is NOT official, and of course, everything at Disney is subject to change...