Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool story about Buzz...

One of the many things my brother, parents, friends, and I love doing at Disneyland is riding buzz. We always compete to get good scores and try and top each other. Unfortunately, we live in Colorado and don't get to go to Disneyland but once, maybe twice a year. To get a fix between trips one of my brothers downloaded the online Buzz game and plays it occasionally.

Well, I planned a trip to Disneyland with some friends from school and told my brother about it. We decided to try and "link up" on Buzz. The plan was this: when getting in line I would call him and let him know. He would then load up the Buzz game, but would not hit start. When I was getting on the ride I would then call again when I was getting on the ride and he would then hit start.

My brother works a decent amount and is doing lots of other things so we only got two trys at this. The first time I called him (for the second time) right as I was sitting down, and he started. The call was too early. I could see the targets he was lighting, but they were a ways away, often in another room. The second time we tried it I called him just as the vehicles were turning the corner and the guns were turning on. Right when I turned the corner I could see targets lit for me. Everytime I got near a target, it lit. I would shoot it immediately. Did we do it? Were we actually linked, 1000 miles away? As soon as I got off the ride I called my brother. I asked him the score that the person he was linked with got (after playing from home the Buzz game will tell you the score of the person you were linked with). The final verdict........no. The score of his partner was a fair bit lower than mine. I asked my girlfriend, who was in the car in front of me, her score: THAT was it. My brother had been linked to my girlfriend. Pretty cool, but so close to finishing our plan.

While not actually his partner, it was still a very cool experience. I could see all of the targets that he was lighting up for me from 1000 miles away. He's pretty good at lighting them too. Every single target that can be lit was.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Re: Cool story about Buzz...

That whole concept for the ride is awesome, and yet virtually no one visiting the park knows about it.

Sad.

• All you need is LOVE

Great story so cool

• Senior Minion

That's really cool that you were able to "link" up.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Resident Fantasmic Guru

So cool, so that's what's lighting up the targets? Does the "light up" double the points? I would love to know a tad more about this. But again, VERY COOL! "Disney...bringing togethor families 1000's of miles away......and making cell phone companies REALLY happy!"

FF
    "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

• A Pirate's life for me!

That's some cool info!

Thanks!

• Lowering Expectations

Wow, I knew Buzz was connected to the online game, but I never even thought of doing that! Cool.
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Basking in birthday love

I think DQ and I were going to try to do this one time, but never did. Maybe we'll have to try it again..

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• ...TWO BITS!

Wow. I remember seeing targets light up. I remember online gamers were somehow helping our scores. I didn't know it worked like that! THANKS

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Your thread title got my hopes up. I thought they might be adding a story line and AA's to the attraction. Oh well.

Blog Entries

where can I download the buzz game from?

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I had NO idea that is what made the targets light up. I thought it was random.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Aww, awesome!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicFanatic
    So cool, so that's what's lighting up the targets? Does the "light up" double the points? I would love to know a tad more about this. But again, VERY COOL! "Disney...bringing togethor families 1000's of miles away......and making cell phone companies REALLY happy!"

FF
    They say that lit targets are worth more, but I'm not sure how much more they are. I have heard from several people that they are double, but I cannot confirm. When I shot the targets my brother lit, I did not seem to get any bonus. BUT, I was technically not his partner, so maybe that's why.

• Minion

I think next Sunday when the MC meet is going on, we should orginize a Buzz shooting with the group at the park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast