Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: My Disneyland shirt design

Fair use can't really apply to these shirts, since you are planning on using them in commercial activity and, most importantly, you're actually competing with the entity you're deriving from in the lucrative "souvenir t-shirt" field. It's not if they'll sue you, it's how long until they get around to it.

I'd make one or two for yourself and for yourself only. It's a one of a kind item that way, besides.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOMBOOM0688
    Could You put the Graphic on a web site that we can download and make it our selves using Iron-on paper???
    Good idea

Blog Entries

that was going to be my advice. If you make one or two for you and a few set of friends no one will ever say anything. If you start printing out several and selling them all over the country, even if at costs, you've got a chance of receiving a cease and desist order. Most T-shirt shops that are reputable would refuse to print those anyhow seeing that it's a copyrighted image because they could get sued as well.

As to your question of cafepress.com. I've done several shirts there and they come back as a fairly good product. I've been very pleased with what I've made through there. You have to give them an image at a certain size with enough pixels per inch for it to print well. I believe most of them require at least a 300 dpi to print well.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: My Disneyland shirt design

Wow. those are so neat. Great job! I just got to get one when they are available!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm with the "don't get sued" camp on this one. It's a neat image, to be sure, but I would not recommend selling it.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Can I buy one?

same here, can I buy one????
    they are awsome!!!!!!!!

• Banned User

in order to make it your own so you can sell, just add some other small piece of art work.or change some of the detail. I have a friend who knows copy right and she said to do this. that way you can make it your own.

Blog Entries

that still wouldn't get around the copyright. If he uses the mickey logo or the word disneyland at all, it's still disney's property.

Chances are that you wouldn't get sued if you sold like 10 of them to friends. If you started selling a bunch of them online then you'd have problems.

• Banned User

I think the T-shirt design is fantastic, but do not sell them at any cost or even make up a batch to give away. Even ignoring the ethical considerations of using some else's graphics without permission, Disney has a legal obligation to protect its trademarked images, and they have a very large legal department.
    If these shirts could be sold legally, I'd be first in line to order a couple!

I'd love a few.....hmmm....maybe just quietly message those of us who are interested......

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by wulfblat
    I think the T-shirt design is fantastic, but do not sell them at any cost or even make up a batch to give away. Even ignoring the ethical considerations of using some else's graphics without permission, Disney has a legal obligation to protect its trademarked images, and they have a very large legal department.
    If these shirts could be sold legally, I'd be first in line to order a couple!
    There's nothing unethical with my design. I drew all of this out in Adobe Illustrator... so it's my artwork, just based of off Disney's intellectual properties.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    There's nothing unethical with my design. I drew all of this out in Adobe Illustrator... so it's my artwork, just based of off Disney's intellectual properties.
    I don't think he meant it that way. Whether you did the artwork or not, it's what the images are based on that matters. Bottom line is, it's a nice idea but I wouldn't do much more than order a few for yourself (and even that isn't technically allowed). You can always give people the digital file and they can do with it what they wish.

I have a friend who worked for Disney, and they don't take too kindly to this sort of stuff once it gets to the "selling" phase (profit or not).

• More Than Meets The Mouse

Then you give the shirts to friends as gifts... and then they can send you a "thank you card" for the shirt, then you aren't selling the shirt and all is good.
    Disneyland is the right of all sentient beings.

• With my wife....

Maybe if you just change one of the letters, none of the suits will care....?

But I guess then you'll have to figure out a way to get people to like your new "DISMEYLAND" T-shirts.
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Thanks for the input everybody, I suppose I'll just get a few shirts made for myself and my friends - that is, if I can find a place that will do the printing since its copyrighted materials...
    Ah well..

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast