Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Zapp's Minion :D

Quote Originally Posted by michael eisner
    he works at six flags now

No!! Does he really work there? :confused:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    yeah right! That's not even funny! After being a CM at DL, I can't even stand to visit that craphole of a park, let alone work there.

To even suggest that Maynard would stoop so low is blasphemous!!!!!!!!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Merry 2014!

when I read that he was employed at Six Flags, my heart sunk. I soooooo want to see him in action.
    what do you mean by landlocked?

I saw him Friday night getting the ropes out for Fantasmic. (no this is not an April 1 joke) He has been working crowd control for fantasmic for the last several months. If you get a chance to talk to him after the show he might have a great joke for you with his really funny voices. He is really good at that story telling.

• That's Hawt

I saw him last Wednesday working crowd control for Fantasmic! outside of HM. I had never had a maynard experience but instantly recognized him. I stopped and said Hi and then he got this crazy look on his face and said in a hilarious voice to Find My Seat Before He Takes It! It was the funniest thing ever! I will never forget it. Made my night for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Inappropriate

Oh wow... last spring break was when i saw him last, me and my friend got to experience him as a skipper on the JC. It was the only time i've seen him, but holy crap, i'll never forget. That was the best JC ride i had ever been on! He needs a promotion. ANd his name on a Main Street window, not working crowd control!
    Oh, and i found this:
    Maynard Homepage

**Crap...i just realized someone else posted it already.
    Last edited by Pizzapants; 04-04-2005 at 08:39 PM. Reason: I suck

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Minion

That Maynard webpage posted above seems a little stalker-ish. Cant say that Ive ever seen him, but it would be cool if I could see him when I got to DLR again this summer.

• For old time sake

I have not seen Maynard in soooooo long. I miss him!!! What does landlocked mean?????does it mean he's stuck in Adventureland/Frontierland? Are the Disney peeps THAT CRAZY? Maynard is the best part of HM!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    when I read that he was employed at Six Flags, my heart sunk. I soooooo want to see him in action.
    what do you mean by landlocked?
    Maynard is alive and well and is doing Fantasmic! Guest Control shifts at DL, never fear. I ran into him a week ago Saturday (end of March). He's not going anywhere, but I didn't have time to discuss what else he's doing around the park as the first show was about to start and he was busy. (Got to get his phone number...)

"Landlocked" is the term for one of the new DLR personnel policies - you can't have more than one or two regular work areas, not counting parade and show GC shifts. Someone thought it was unfair for a boss to write an annual assessment form for the CM when you're always moving around and he only sees you once a month at his attraction...

So they made everyone pick one location and they have to stay there. It kind of makes sense, from a Pointy-Haired Boss standpoint. And there's specialized safety training for each ride, so if you give up "the knowledge" of the ride because you haven't worked it often enough, you have to go through the full training procedure again to work there.

Tiki and Jungle are a shared cast, and I'm not sure where the other ones are split up - sometimes two or three rides are 'clustered' as one work group. I think they split all the Fantasyland dark rides into two groups, etc.

--<< Bruce >>--

• șoș Tom șoș

I used to work crowd control with Maynard and standing around talking to this unassuming guy who has got to be twice my age, I always wondering if he had a second job? Did he get paid more than the rest of us because he had a fan club? Does he have a wife? Kids? A girlfriend? A boyfriend? Does he live at home?

I mean i was working 40-50 hours at DL and another 30 at Starbucks and barely making my rent...How does he survive?-=Tom=-

I've only seen him once and it was long before I knew who he was. I saw him working HM about 10 years ago. I had walked into the elevator and heard the creepiest maniacal laugh. I turned around and saw a skinny, balding CM with a creepy smile and he was shining his flashlight on his face so that it made for a weird shadow. A few months later I saw a thread about him on alt.disney.disneyland and realized that I had an encounter with the famous "Maynard."

• Minion

• Leave 'em wanting more!

I don't care for Maynard's antics. I'll never understand the appeal.
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    Quote Originally Posted by fearsnda
    I don't care for Maynard's antics. I'll never understand the appeal.
    Thats okay, there are a lot of things in this world that I'll 'never understand' either. But that's why it's a big world with lots to do.

Maynard is a good improv player, great at physical comedy and voice work, and fast to pick up on a joke and run with it. He'd make a great fill-in for "Whose Line Is It, Anyways?" Where this turns some people off is he sometimes (what am I saying? - He often...) goes overboard embellishing well past where the "approved script" goes.

Usually, it's hillarious. Occasionally he falls flat - but that happens to anyone working at being funny. Even Leno and Letterman tell their share of groaners...

It's usually a whole lot better than someone deadpanning the same lame "Weighs over 5,000 pounds and can jump 35 feet" line over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

--<< Bruce >>--

• Drunken Disneyland Master

Maynard Secrets.... REVEALED!

I seen that fool working on Honey I shrunk the Audience.

Thank you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast