Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Well, I think Maynard has been there a really long time and I know the raises are based on how long you have been there. Heck,l I knew I sweeper that made 20 bucks an hour because he had been there so long. I imagine he has been around long enough to get paid pretty well.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Inappropriate

Maynard should get his own ride. If Ellen DeGeneres can do it, Maynard can too!!!

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• something else...

maynard is my hero. he can make anything fun and amusing, even crowd control. but i feel really bad for him because i was talking to him about landlocking and such and he looked very dejected. he told told me that he's still optimistic because when one door closes another opens and he's looking to do more. i bet he has been offered a promotion but i think he may have turned it down because he also told me that he doesn't want to be stuck in an office all day with a suit and tie on...
    You would think that being in New York for eight months out of the year would be cool...not when the closest thing you have to Disneyland is the World of Disney Store on Madison.

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman
    Thats okay, there are a lot of things in this world that I'll 'never understand' either. But that's why it's a big world with lots to do.

Maynard is a good improv player, great at physical comedy and voice work, and fast to pick up on a joke and run with it. He'd make a great fill-in for "Whose Line Is It, Anyways?" Where this turns some people off is he sometimes (what am I saying? - He often...) goes overboard embellishing well past where the "approved script" goes.

Usually, it's hillarious. Occasionally he falls flat - but that happens to anyone working at being funny. Even Leno and Letterman tell their share of groaners...

It's usually a whole lot better than someone deadpanning the same lame "Weighs over 5,000 pounds and can jump 35 feet" line over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...

--<< Bruce >>--
    I have only encountered him in the Tiki Room. My parents were with me as he was being "Tiki Boy". My parents were dumfounded and I was embarrassed for the park and for him and for my parents all at once. It was unfunny, obnoxious and pandering.

I am sure Maynard is talented. However, I think people are really talented who can work WITHIN the confines of the script and still be astounding. That's talent. Maynard strays too much and in the process sucks the tradition and fun out of it. I have seen some fantastic, energetic and rousing hosts in the Tiki Room that stuck to the script verbatim. They made the show more enjoyable without detracting from the magic.

- FNDA
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Minion

I don't like hearing Maynard is doing crowd control.
    Why wouldn't they use him where he really shines, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, he is so great there.

maybe they could arrange a weekend at dons aloha motel in los alamitos where you could consumate your love for maynard

Thumbs up

plans are being finalized!!! for a maynard day at the park everyone gets to share the same room at the disneyland hotel with maynard and will recieve a used commemorative 50th anniversary maynard thong dipped in gold!!

From what I've heard, its entirely possible that Maynard will not be around much longer. Being stuck at Fantasmic! will do that to most people. Rumblings are, that while he is enormously entertaing, he breaks show and is not very efficient.
    The good news is that he is supposedly thinking of starting his own show of some sorts, don't know if its a play, radio show, or Tv- but it will make use of his many and varied character voices.
    The Next Big Disney Thing: starts Jan. 3rd

What Maynard is up to

If you have missed seeing everyone's favorite cast member Maynard around the park, then check out his own personal website at www.maynardland.com to find out what he is up to.

• #1 Spin and Marty fan

Last time I saw Maynard was last June and he was doing Tiki Boy. It was hilarious and added alot of fun to the attraction. My friends and I (and we are all in our 30's) had the best time with him! At that time he mentioned the "landlocked" concept and he had picked Tiki Room and Lincoln (odd combination, but that is what he liked).

He also mentioned that he would love to get into radio broadcasting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malibu Minion

This is the web site will tell you more then you may want to know about Maynard. One great CM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234