Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Who went to disneyland on July 17th 2005?

Quote Originally Posted by Moonliner
    Nope. Missed it then to.

I wasn't there. I already had my yearly girls vacation/charity basketball game trip planned for that week! Sad news but at least I was there May 4th and 5th! And I do have a few freebies from July 17th!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Official MC Thread Killer

I was there! It was an incredible day... I won't ever forget it...
    BLOCK - PARTY - BASH
    I'm gonna sing it; from the heart behind these hands

Please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated inside the theater safely

• Give Peace a Chance

I was there ~ loved every minute of it!
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Earth Intruder

OMG I totally remember chatting with Fishbulb on the 17th!!! I'm surprised he wasn't skeered off by all the mayhem that day.

The memory of storming the castle and taking over the carousel with Not Afraid and 90 of our closest MiceChat friends makes me feel all fuzzy inside.

I wasn't one of the crazy campers (like Morrigoon, Disneyphile and Frodo Potter) but I did get to DCA around 4:30am. Hung out with Mousepod and his wife for most of the day, wow were we all tired!!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Minion

i was there

not with the best company now that i look back on it :

but i had an AWESOME time

i went!!! was actually one of many crazies to get there at 11:00pm the day before and camped out a DCA!!!! that was so much fun!!! i really didn't care for the rides, i went to get the cool merchandise and the redidication ceremony. A very neat day. to bad i had to live around tenish because i had a matinee that afternoon for a play i was in. That was fun to do after no sleep the night before :P

• love my friends

well I didnt go there.. but i worked at DCA that day.. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.. they housed everyone over at DCA.. ALOT OF PEOPLE

but actually it was kind of fun

I did bathrooms that night.. so I came in at 11 and had to do the hollywood and playhbouse ones fast.. ebcause guests were to be there.. and we did

after that we had to pan and broom all night long.. I THOUGHT HOW BORING.. it wasnt.. THe guests were soooo excited....... and it reved me up

it was sooooooo much fun

Friends for life

• Needs the smell of summer

I was there ALL day! we got there at about 5 A.M. and didn't leave until one in the morning on the 18th! It was the best day I ever had in Disneyland! We got to Anaheim on the Fifteenth, and the seventeenth was the first time We saw the fireworks. The day before was the first time My brother saw Fantasmic, and this was his first trip to Disneyland. The whole day was completely special! I was exhausted, but even at the end of the day, after what 19 hours, I did not want to leave. I will never forget that day. Hopefully the 75th and the 100th will be just as great!!

P.S. I was also there on the 49th, and more than likely will be there on the 51st

• See Ya Real Soon!

Was part of the DCA group (lime green I think) and didnt leave until the park closed. It was a LOOOONNNNGGGG day.

• Banned User

my best friend, her mom and I all went - and camped out!

had breakfast with Oscar at Carnation cafe, got
    lots of pictures with characters...but don't
    remember too many rides...
    I know we did the railroad and the story in the opera house...
    but we ended up leaving mid day and coming back for the fireworks...
    just got TOO tired after being up all night...

I had the pin from the event, my friends were mad they didn't
    get them...

but I didn't watch the program at the castle... wish I had now.

definitely the trip of a lifetime

• love my friends

you know i worked on july 17th lst year.. it was soooo exciting to see the guests soo excited

I feel that once the 50th is over with.. it will be a let down........ people will be so depressed. etc

it was hyped up with the media, etc

and when its over with.. whats next???????

do we look forward to the 75th or 100th.. most of us.. wont be around then

Friends for life

• Minion

We were there. We spent the evening of the 16th at the Orange Grove party, then headed back to the hotel for a few hours sleep, then back to Disneyland at 5am. I was trying to remember how late we stayed, then it dawned on me, we had Fantasmic! seating at 1130pm, so we were there until at least 1am! I think I have finally recouped...
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

By chance I was in So Cal as my daughter was playing in a soccer tournament.

I got to the park before midnight and spent the night in DCA. So much fun. The energy was great. Being "welcomed home" as we walked down Main Street as one of the first to enter the park was the best - will be one of the great memories.

It was so great that my kids vowed to take me for the 100th anniversary if I am still alive!!!!
    The Mur

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My very first visit to Disneyland, included being there on July 17, 2005. We were staying at the Hilton ANaheim. We got up about 5 a.m, and arrived at the park about 5: 30 a.m. We were amazed at all the people. We were ushered into DCA, where we got our Gold Mouse Ears and maps.

I remember that we actually were walking into Disneyland at about 5 minutes before 8 a.m. We walked past thousands, who were waiting in front of the turnstiles. When we approached Main Street, the Cast Members were lined up on both sides of the street "welcoming everyone home". We continued to walk up Main Street and we followed the crowd, right into the pin line. That was our only mistake of the day. We didn't actually get our pins, until about 1 P.M.

While we were in the pin line, we ate cupcakes, let the kids run and ride some rides, and talked to many other visitors. We joked and laughed and took pictures. A passerby, asked the question, "and what is this line for?" One of the gentleman that we were chatting with, didn't miss a beat and replied, "the bathroom".

We had a 1:50 PS for Blue Bayou, where I ate some of my spicy hot Jambalaya. I sampled some Monte Cristo sandwich.

We then spent some time in Fantasyland, riding the teacups, and a few other rides. We made our way back to the Castle, when they were playing the replay of Walt Disney dedicating Disneyland originally in 1955. We spent some time on Main Street listening to the Dapper Dans. We watched the Lowering of the Flag.

After the evening parade, the rest of my party left the park. The kids were exhausted. "I was staying, I told them, I wanted to see Fantasmic and the fireworks."

That was the night that I saw Tinker Bell fly over Thunder Mountain Trail. I was making my way back around that way, because it was too crowded the other way. I could hear Julie Andrews speaking. I walked through Fantasyland as the fireworks show was going on. I kept walking from Fantasyland and through Tomorrowland. The fireworks were almost over by this time. I was almost back to the hub, when Tinker Bell flew over and I saw her again. I'll never forget how close she was. Both times, I felt that I could touch her. The moment was so special, my favorite, of my trip.

I was so glad to be in the park on the 17th of July. It was a very special day. I have my pin, and my memories.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    I remember that we actually were walking into Disneyland at about 5 minutes before 8 a.m. We walked past thousands, who were waiting in front of the turnstiles.
    I bet you saw us. We were the 3rd group in line at the very first turnstile. We were leaning over the barrier there talking to everyone walking into the gates from DCA and we only had 2 families in front of us to go in first. Fun stuff!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast