Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Talking Who went to disneyland on July 17th 2005?

Who went to disneyland on July 17th 2005?
    I went and in the morning all the rides said 1 minute literlly
    it was so much fun geting the old skool maps and hats

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Re: Who went to disneyland on July 17th 2005?

We were there. I went on rides instead of going for the pin myself. I had no idea those pins would go for so much.
    Mike

• враг народа

Blog Entries

My dad and I flew in from Atlanta for the day.

• Just this guy......

I was there. It was great to meet all the other people on the boards.

• no flash photography...

We went....we did not go any any rides in DL...we did go on a few in DCA...we left around 1pm...

same here i went on rides, but my mom waited in line for the pin and i was supose to meet her back thier so we could get a extra one to sell but i got stuck on the train coming back from toon town.

I went to Disneyland on July 17 and have the video footage to prove it. I brought a video camera along with me and decided to interview random guests. Many believed that I was actually a real reporter, despite the fact that I had a cheap camcorder and would ask ridiculous questions like:
    "Is this your first trip to Disneyland?"
    "As an annual passholder, you could have come any day of the year, and yet you chose to come today, the most crowded day of the year: What were you thinking?"
    "Did you know Walt Disney personally?"
    "Of the fifty magical years that Disneyland has been open, which do you feel was the most magical and why?"
    "Just what exactly is a California Adventure, anyway?"
    "Mickey and Minnie have allegedly been seeing each other for over seventy-five years, and yet they still live in separate houses: What is the deal with that?"

In spite of all the crowds, the lines, and the general madness, I still had a good time and I'm still glad I went. But that's the level of my insanity.

we left like at 5 in the morning not knowing if we were going to stay so I foregot my camera

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I was there. I was one of the crazies that camped out at DCA.

Most exhausting, but exciting days of my life.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

oh, i saw you guys yelling when you went in

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I went! So much fun but oh so tiresome. I went solo but met up with a friend who shares the same admiration for Disney after I got in the gate because he came later than I did. Waiting in a long ol' line in Downtown Disney was certainly interesting. And then having to wait in a monstrous line to get in to the park. But the first thing I did when I got in was hop into the Emporium and got my July 17th merchandise, the blue mug, the magnet, the clear glass mug, and a white girly t-shirt. Got stuck in front of HUB to watch the festivites, definetly a real treat to see Diane Disney and Art Linkletter. Mostly relaxed and sat down for the rest of the day. Don't think I rode any rides except the Disneyland RR. I spent a good hour in the afternoon at the plaza sitting and watching the giant screens that they had spread all over the park and watched Walt's dedication speech at the plaza at the exact same time Walt did so 50 years ago. So glad I was able to participate in this special event. Hope I'll be able to join for the 75th!

•   
    • baby steps, baby steps...

I was there, along with my family and friends. My sons stood in line for 5 hours to get 2 "I Was There" pins" for me. They vowed never to do that again, even for their Mom! Had lunch at Club 33, rode the train around the park many times just soaking in the atmosphere, watched the Jumbo Tron a lot, did a few rides, hung out in Toontown (the least crowded) and just celebrated.

Later in the day, back at the DL Hotel we saw an older couple standing under the big sorcerer's hat by the hotel. We stopped and talked to them. They were very moved by the event and felt that their time being able to expierence DL as growing short in years. They really touched our hearts. They were so in love with each other and treasured DL. We all ended up holding hands and singing the Mickey Mouse Club theme song along with about 20 or so other's who stopped and joined in. I think that was the highlight of the day. I will never forget them and hope that they have MANY more years of fun that DL.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I was there with a big group of MiceChatters. It was my birthday, too, and the CM's lined up along Main Street stopped me and sang Happy Birthday to me. Tears!

It was such a great day. I remember the upbeat feeling all over the park the entire day. I especially remember waiting in the restroom to wash my hands and someone was wiping around the sinks and refilling the paper towels and people thanking her for keeping the magic. Such an awesome day!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    It was such a great day. I remember the upbeat feeling all over the park the entire day. I especially remember waiting in the restroom to wash my hands and someone was wiping around the sinks and refilling the paper towels and people thanking her for keeping the magic. Such an awesome day!
    I agree...the CM's were soooo nice that day, and so happy...I know they're supposed to since it's their job to smile and all but it wasn't forced that day...it just oozed out of everyone that day, the joy, the excitement, the niceness. I think I'm going to have to start a new annual ritual for myself to go to Disneyland on it's anniversary even if I have to take a day off work!

• Sock Puppet

I was in Disney World and I expected something a little special to happen, but there was nothing. I wish I would have been at Disneyland.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast