Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Like It

16 30.19%
  • Dislike It

8 15.09%
  • I like some ideas, not all

23 43.40%
  • I don't care, just do SOMETHING with that area!

6 11.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

The NEW Frontierland idea

Just a thought...

Could Cascade Peak be rebuilt with a darkride inside it, say Woody's Roundup. (I know some of you don't like to have a cartoon in Frontierland, but this is just a thought.) Between Cascade Peak and BTMRR and Big Thunder Trail would be the new dock for Columbia. Then coming off from the Peak and in ROA would be a new dock for Explorer canoes and new keelboats. Then Festival Arena becomes Western River Expedition's splashdown/reservior, queue, and un/load station? Then behind the train tracks will be WRE's show building but themed as Thunder Mesa.

A new pathway runs between the north end of Columbia dock and WRE where it splits into 2 trails. One leads between Columbia dock and Cascade Peak to get to canoes and keelboats (there should be a point where the trail leads under & over a waterfall, that's always neat. Unused keelboats & canoes could be docked on the west & east end of Columbia dock). While the other trail leads north to a new area where guests can explore the Indian Village, adobe house, and a village built into Thunder Mesa (while looking at WRE riders begin their venture and/or watch the splashdown at the end of the ride). Then that trail continues to a Critter Country Expansion that leads around behind the rest of ROA (to get past train tracks, maybe go under with a rocky bridge). The last new trail will lead from Big Thunder Trail, past Little Patch of Heaven and newly restored and open Big Thunder BBQ, past the WRE splashdown/reservior, under the train tracks (train bridge themed as wooden or rocky bridge), and leads through Toontown's Chip n Dale's Treehouse. Thus, connecting Frontierland to Toontown and connecting Frontierland to Critter Country making no deadends in the park. I understand there's a backstage roadway between Frontierland & Toontown, a themed doorway can be put there (similar to the doorways between Frontierland & Fantasyland).

For WRE, I would like to see it as the rumored HKDL's POTC ride where they will get a climatic drop and bunny hill coaster sequence (similar to Splash Mountain). And I heard the ride was to have a continous song sung throughout the entire attraction. I think that's a bad idea, look at It's A Small World. It's gotten an infamous reputation for their continous song loop. It should be like Splash Mountain's various song selections throughout the ride. I think it would be neat for the boats to travel in and out of Thunder Mesa to look down at the rest of BTR. Then the climatic splashdown goes under the train tracks, and comes rolling back up to a splashdown. At one point when the boats peek out of Thunder Mesa, they cross over the climatic drop (ala Splash Mountain & GRR, and running the opposite direction from the train. This will really make this area kinetic) Not sure if there should be a POTC/SM type of loading or BTMRR/INDY/IASW loading. And of course WRE music & lyrics by Alan Menken .

In addition to Tom Sawyer's Rafts, add in a couple of these flatboats: http://www.garylucy.com/flatboatmen.html . Or switch the flatboats and keelboats around. Read the context in the link, it's quite interesting. OR theme WRE boats as flatboats.

Random idea I'm not to fond of: add buildings in the water as if a major flood has just washed through. Or is that too insensitive?

Bring back original Golden Horseshoe show, or something similar to that. Move Billy & the Hillbillies to Big Thunder BBQ. I think DLR currently wants Laughing Stock to be in the Golden Horseshoe and right now they're playing outside of that building. Why not leave them performing outside of GH as streetmosphere. Streetmosphere is always cool. I understand there's a offstage ranch behind Frontierland, but I think they can stay. WRE/Thunder Mesa show building could probably be built avoiding them.

Put Grand Canyon diorama in the tunnel between Frontierland and Fantasyland. I'm sure once Fantasyland theater gets closed up, there will be enough room for the Grand Canyon. If the tunnel is used for trucks through backstage roadway, leave a blackout spot in the diorama for that. If Grand Canyon can't fit, at least theme the tunnel as a smooth rocky surface.

Perhaps northwest (across the tracks) have a "Pocahontas and Forest Friends" show similar to DAK's. But the theater will be themed as if you're inside the overhanging branches of Grandmother Willow. At first, the branches act like a closed stage curtain. When the show starts, the curtains open up and encircle the seating so you become INSIDE instead of being in an outdoor stage. The branches will have soundprooving (kinda like how USH's SFX stages separate their rooms with soundproof walls). This will also serve as a transition from Frontierland to Critter Country.

Regarding Woody's Roundup, what would you rather see be put there? American folklore or Tall Tales attraction? I was thinking Woody's Roundup could be something like this: http://www.sallycorp.com/Darkrides/challenge_of_tut.htm . Disney has worked with this company before in the past... There was a rumor that a "critter caroseul" would go with WR, I HATE THAT IDEA! I don't want to see that.

Here's a more fleshed out idea to replace Woody's Round-up: Famous american folklore heroes & heroines are joined together to fight crime ala DC's Justice League. You are invited to help patrol the western frontier with them as they go out on daily rescues. Queue & facade is their headquarters/ sheriff office. Signs are posted informing guests who these heroes are. Guests ride wind wagons as their transportation ("The Saga of Windwagon Smith"). Un/loading station themed as stables with horses and ox stare at the windwagons in awe (either indoors themed outdoors (POTC) or real outdoors (Pooh). Windwagons have motion simulators like Pooh, but doesn't make you see sick! We go through different scenes of our heros saving the day, such as bank robberies, stagecoach holdups, flash floods, derailing a train with a bomb, kidnapping, and chase scenes. The climax will be a tornado now threatening US, so our heroes save our lives and the end. The bad guys are rounded up in their jail cells. The last scene has a photographer take our picture with the heroes and made avaliable to purchase (color, black & white, or sephia tone of your choice).

Oh, and build a new Fantasmic! barge dock on the unused north end of Tom Sawyer Island. So as to not interrupt the guest experience. This new dock could probably be big enough to house new barges as well.

For those of you who remember my idea for Valley of Villainy, I changed that to be in a 3rd, maybe 4th, DLR theme park idea.

Well, what do you think?

EDIT: OR if no one likes Woody's Roundup, how about an old Discovery Bay attraction that was never built or is built some where else (yes, sorry, a clone). I just think something new can actually be put inside a new Cascade Peak and that would be awesome.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 05-25-2006 at 01:26 PM.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

Re: The NEW Frontierland idea

OR if no one likes Woody's Roundup, how about an old Discovery Bay attraction that was never built or is built some where else (yes, sorry, a clone). I just think something new can actually be put inside a new Cascade Peak and that would be awesome.

Of course any NEW & ORIGINAL IDEAS are welcome here.

Maybe we can put this covered bridge somewhere. Or does anyone like covered bridges?I'm not quite sure where to put this. LINK: http://www.coveredbridgesite.com/ny/americana.html

Here's a few pics of adobes, LINK: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8426960...in/set-461062/, http://www.smnet.org/comm_group/historical/, www.mchsmuseum.com/ borondaadobe.html, www.rootsweb.com/ ~casfvgs/pico.html . I think this would be best put between Big Thunder BBQ & train tracks. (I think that's where Festival Arena's backstage storage was). Or theme WRE queue as adobe... nah.

Maybe to theme the WRE queue as a sort of Sutter's Mill or Landing dock. The queue also meets up with the passing Train. Across the tracks right up near/against/shadowed by Thunder Mesa is the old abandoned/unused/out of business/or haunted Froniterland train station. Maybe look like this, LINK: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8426960...in/set-461062/ and/or http://www.meyersdale.org/trail/station.htmlor something out of "Back to the Future 3". Maybe the leaking water tower for the train station can be leaking over the WRE riders in the beginning of their expedition.

Did I mention spectators would be able to view the splashdown from the new Big Thunder Walkway/Trail, WRE's queue, and train tracks? It would be kinda neat to have a stagecoach next to the WRE queue and across the water from the pedestrain walkway to have stagecoach display WRE's name (Similar style to POTC & Seaworld's Atlantis). Maybe the stagecoach was carrying dynamite so dynamite blasts water over the boats approaching the un/load dock. If the stagecoach is new, have simple AA horses acting like they don't want to cross the reservior and the human driver AA is trying to make them cross. The stagecoach could also look wrecked and worn with broken wheels. No AAs. I think you get the picture.

Forgot to mention WRE will be like Splash Mountain/POTC type of experience (but I think you figured it out) so Splash Mountain might see some shorter lines. Cause I think another flume ride you get wet on is needed. I don't think this will need Fastpass or Single Rider line. Look how POTC is doing . And you get the standard on-ride photo at the end of your expedition at the ride's exit. Sephia tone photos are optional .

This expansion is also a very good opportunity to add in more desert plant life.
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-29-2006 at 05:41 PM.

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

How about a spinning mouse mine cart ride in and out of Casade Peak instead of Woody's Roundup? Visuals and loosely inspired by "Home on the Range"'s Echo Mine chase. Infact, why not call it "Echo Mine". Each 4 person mine cart has the riders facing each other. It could make a banked turn from ROA (similar to how other BTMRR make a bank turn by their ROA). Another thing that makes this different is it will have a vertical lift (similar to what is seen in that film and what SeaWorld's Atlantis has). I originally had this planned for DCA.

A Disney Dreamer suggests putting in a mine car ride in and out of Cascade Peak similar to Nature's Wonderland.

Any other suggestions?

-Jurassic Park

• =)

Man, you've really given this some thought. I don't have time at the moment to really read all of this in depth, so I haven't voted yet. I hope to read through this thoroughly soon!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Ah, no worries. A lot of people take a look at the post and run away due to the length. I hope you find time to perhaps enjoy what I have written. As always, I encourage all readers to comment, add, etc. etc. about this post.

Should there be more atmosphere? A gunfight? Maybe a western stage show inside Cascade Peak instead of a ride? Hmmm... I'm not liking these much.

-Jurassic Park

• Disney Addict

I like your ideas. WRE could be implemented if squeezed, but perhaps too similar and close to Splash? After all Splash was inspired by WRE. I'm all for Woody's Roundup. The more attractions for Frontierland, the better. Personally, I would like more buildings arranged like a town ala DLP's Frontierland. As for the covered bridge, the bridge from Disney's Ichabod Crane would look perfect, perhaps contrasting the ruggedness of Frontierland and the cartoons of Fantasyland. Both thumbs up!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by Fun2BFree
    I like your ideas. WRE could be implemented if squeezed, but perhaps too similar and close to Splash? After all Splash was inspired by WRE. I'm all for Woody's Roundup. The more attractions for Frontierland, the better. Personally, I would like more buildings arranged like a town ala DLP's Frontierland. As for the covered bridge, the bridge from Disney's Ichabod Crane would look perfect, perhaps contrasting the ruggedness of Frontierland and the cartoons of Fantasyland. Both thumbs up!
    Then again, WRE would have more capacity and a different atmoshphere...

I agree, the more attractions the better!

Add some more Frontier building/ facade themeing to the east side of Cascade Peak that runs along the path to canoes & keelboats. Maybe theme the buildings like your at a harbor. Also scatter some more themeing around.

I'm a bit surprised quite a few of you dislike this, my I inquire as to why/ what makes you dislike this? I'm sure the answer will be mostly because of Woody's Roundup.

Should the Columbia and Mark Twain switch docks? Because I thought Mark Twain was built for Frontierland. Then I don't know when Columbia came, probably around the opening of New Orleans Square.

Thanks for posting Datameister and Fun2BFree.

-Jurassic Park

• ...TWO BITS!

What about a show inside Cascade Peak? Not sure if Disney still has rights to ZORRO. Or a family Western stunt show like Buffalo Bill's...? Um, haha, bring back "Woody's Roundup" show, haha... I'm gonna get killed for that.

If an interactive Woody darkride does come, maybe the targets could look like a sheirff star badge, horseshoes, dollar signs, hats, boots, lasso... at one point they're on a spinning windmill.

OR a wagon motion simulator darkride following Woody, Bullseye, and Jessie roundingup bank robbers. Maybe Stinky Pete can lead you in the right direction, or the wrong way. The bank robbers would have the same design from Buck's dream in "Home on the Range".

Hmm... an interactive motion simulator darkride...?

The entrance an queue is going through Woody's Sheriff station. You get a howler that Woody needs your help roundingup bank robbers. So hop on board a barrel or wagon to help. Having figured out what to use the guns for, so that's gone for now. When you exit, you go through the jailhouse after nabbing the crooks. Receive a free sheirff star sticker at the end (similar to how stickers were given at the end of TOT).

I'd like to see the entertainment offerings be brought back from "Reindeer Roundup" for BBQ. You know, lassoing and horseshoe throwing... that type of stuff. I'm gonna die for this too... make them like carnival type games. Perhaps put those lasso and horseshoe games along the eastside of Cascade Peak where I suggested more building facade themeing.

Have a special engagment in the GoldenHorse Shoe for Riders in the Sky. Either at DL or DCA.

Umm... Woody's Roundup merchandise shop at The General Store... I'm gonna die for that, too.

EDIT: Apparently there's already a Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show in Disneyland Paris...
    Last edited by filmfreak11; 03-31-2006 at 03:58 PM.

-Jurassic Park

• Sock Puppet

I like the Discovery Bay concept, with the under watwer restaurant in the Nautilus and the baloon adventure from Isaldn at the Top of the World.

• Sock Puppet

What do you think about bringing back a version of the Nature's Wonderland attraction??

• Banned User

^I was thinking that too!

• Sock Puppet

Maybe the mules and the stagecoach for the kids, or do you think that would be too much of a safety hazard. What about the Indian Village and maybe a new Fort Wilderness that guests can transverse into and explore.

• ...TWO BITS!

Did I forget a new Fort Wilderness?!?! Well, do that! And the burning cabin.

I think they did take out mules and stagecoach because of saftey hazards. Was Indian Village taken out for PC reasons? But yeah, if they can, bring that back next to the current Indian Village they have right now. Does Knott's still do there's? I haven't been there in years and I know they changed A LOT because of Cedar Fair. I think this would be great to have back. Personally, I don't know how they would be able to make an enjoyable mule and stagecoach ride now. Any suggestions for the route to take if one could be rebuilt?

The Discovery Bay concept I think is better suited for another theme park concept, not another land in DL. I know many people think there's enough "lands" in the park and don't want another, just enhance what we have now.

I was thinking having a Nature's Wonderland in DCA for a newly themed desert land on part of the Timon Lot. Oh, how about bring Stagecoach rides back here!?

THANKS FOR POSTING!

-Jurassic Park

I just got an idea for the festival of fools area! How about a mine train through nature's wonderland, only goes under ROA via a cleverly disguised mine tunnel. Have another station in TSI, near Sutter's mill/Injun Joe's cave. Return through desert area, going into a cave, like Rainbow Caverns. Go under ROA again, and cross back into station.
    "It takes a lot of Yellow to make that water green."-Tom Sawyer, talking to me on the rafts over the Rivers of America.

The first thing you need to do to live a successful life is wake up.

• Former Epcot CM

Bah. Western River Expedition, if it will ever be built, will and should be built at the Magic Kingdom. Silly Disneyland.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California