Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Changes For Snow White

Has anyone heard if they'll be any new changes to the SW stage show that's coming back this summer? My hope would be better animal costumes and that SW herself will NOT say, *what a dump* anymore! I guess time will only tell what happens.

• Banned User

Re: New Changes For Snow White

Hahaha, I know- those animals were creepy!!!

-A Disney Dreamer

• Lowering Expectations

Snow White has every right to say the dwarf's cottage is a dump (especially if it is). We must not discriminate against the scripts of Disney princesses.
    *smack*
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Queen of Randomness

It just doesn't sound that lady like to say...lol

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR
    Snow White has every right to say the dwarf's cottage is a dump (especially if it is). We must not discriminate against the scripts of Disney princesses.
    *smack*
    Come, Come...I'm sure Walt Disney himself would have never allowed SW to use that phrase in any circumstance. I don't believe we need to make that character so 21st Century...it doesn't fit her! Hearing it always made my skin crawl, but that's just my humble opinion! =)

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I agree, doesn't suit her.. I am hoping for more smoke during river canal... maybe an enclosed theater so you can see the theater lighting during day I love lighting systems, and it's a shame that people design the lighting, when you can't see it!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEars
    Come, Come... I don't believe we need to make that character so 21st Century...it doesn't fit her! Hearing it always made my skin crawl, but that's just my humble opinion! =)
    Precisely. Snow White takes place how many hundreds of years ago? I really don't think that the word "dump" was in existence at that time, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, no... I do not think that Walt's Snow White would ever say that phrase or any phrase which has a negative conotation. Grumpy got all of those lines. hahahahaahaha If Grumpy says it, then it will be alright, but if Snow White still says it, it will just be wrong.

• Queen of Randomness

Truthfully I had only seen it once. I'm on of those people that sees performances, plays and so on only once. I really don't remember it all that well.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• ...TWO BITS!

The 21st century facelift is probably one of several reasons why I don't like this show. But I'm glad to see it return for 1 more season for th 50th crowds. Then it's off to a new ENCLOSED show!

(ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCL OSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED* ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLO SED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*E NCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOS ED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED*EN CLOSED*ENCLOSED*ENCLOSED)

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• All you need is LOVE

I wonder what they will do

• Banned User

You sure she didn't mean to say that about DCA next door?? lol

I'm hoping she drops the lame "You are on Time Out!" line to the robin. The whole "hip and edgy" junk should have been excised from these types of productions about 30 days after DCA opened. They should have figured out that stuff just doesn't work with succesful Disney products, especially Walt era classics like Snow White.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    You sure she didn't mean to say that about DCA next door?? lol
    Hahahahaha So bad

• Minion

ORGOCH: Heck! I think Snow Ball 'n the 7 Flakes oughtta give up all that hip 'n edgy stuff, my own dang self. Now, if'n she'd said somethin' like, "That dwarf sure is a grump,", I'd fergive her.

ORWEN: I always thought it was out of place for Ariel to refer to King Triton as 'Daddy', when--here again--you have an timeless fairy tale that somebody decided to have the characters talk as though they were living in the 20th Century. It just destroys the whole atmosphere of the movie when they do that.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000
    I'm hoping she drops the lame "You are on Time Out!" line to the robin. The whole "hip and edgy" junk should have been excised from these types of productions about 30 days after DCA opened. They should have figured out that stuff just doesn't work with succesful Disney products, especially Walt era classics like Snow White.
    Especially since when you watch the original film, she is so overly polite and curteous, these "hip 'n edgy" phrases never would have come into play, having existed or not. I mean in the film she is even polite doing things like breaking and entering, she'd never call it a "dump" or say "laughing gives wrinkles" (or whatever it was).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast