Providing Cast Members: H20 on Stage

Instead of just eating ice on 90 degree days, they should allow CM to drink water to prevent dehydration and headache's! I thought this was cruel and unusual work environment for anyone.

• Disney Nerd

Re: Providing Cast Members: H20 on Stage

in a situation we call Code 90 (any temp above 90 degrees) CM's are allowed to drink water on stage and there are certain costume changes that can be made. Such as getting shorts/short sleeve shirts/rolling up sleeves.....but on super hot days, if you're a CM who is outside in the heat, you do get water, no question. You're just supposed to be discreet, and kinda drink when guests arent paying attention, but you do have it.

• A Pirate's life for me!

I know as a guest enjoying the Park, I wouldn't mind at all if I see a CM take a swig out of a water bottle on ANY type of day, let alone a hot one.

Water is required for a healthy life, working or not.

Who cares if cast members are drinking water? - Are we talking about characters? Couldn't they wear a CamelBack or something like that, nobody would notice one under those big costumes. And I don't see any reason why Cinderella (or whoever) shouldn't be allowed to have a bottle of water carried by a handler or something.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

You'll see them (especially in Florida) they have a little black bottle holder clipped to the belt of thier costume, and if they are discrete (ie not doing when in conversation or interaction with guests really...officialy it might be more stringent than that but...) they can drink.

• A Pirate's life for me!

If a guest complains about seeing a CM drinking from a water bottle they ought to be banned from DL for life!

I think those type of people fall into the same category as the guests that complain to City Hall about the fireworks being cancelled due to bad weather.

Get a life, people!

CM's are allowed to drink water (and only water) onstage from a clear plastic bottle with no labels or any kind of insignia on the bottle. All that is asked is that it not be done directly in front of Guests (i.e. not while having a conversation with a Guest).

• Rainicorn.

That is regular customer service policy, I think! At work, we can't drink water if we're helping a customer or if there's a line of people at the register. We have to wait till no one's looking.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Hey, that's not Rose!

What if they have a coughing fit? I get those every so often for no reason, and I need water. I know it's bad show, but what if this happens?
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Basking in birthday love

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    What if they have a coughing fit? I get those every so often for no reason, and I need water. I know it's bad show, but what if this happens?
    It's happened to me a couple of times. If I'm on the parade route, I flag down the lead and request permission to run backstage and grab a drink. If I'm at the Opera House, I'll do the same if the lead is around, or if not, I'll ask one of the other CMs in rotation, or the CM on task if there is one, to cover my position while I get a drink. If it's a known and persistant medical issue, I'm sure that special accommodations could be made, but that would probably get approval on a case-by-case basis.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Dont make me unfriend you

OMG! I can't believe the poor quality of lazy CM's these days! Back in the day when I was a CM, there was NO DRINKING OR EATING ONSTAGE PERIOD.

Ok..ok..I was only joking. Well, we had the no drinking/eating rule, but I was kidding about the CMs. It still looks strange to me when I see employees at other parks drinking water as they operate the rides.

I understand it and I don't see any reason for CM's/employees should not be allowed to drink water when seen by guests.
    Last edited by Garrett240; 03-30-2006 at 03:20 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    in a situation we call Code 90 (any temp above 90 degrees) CM's are allowed to drink water on stage and there are certain costume changes that can be made. Such as getting shorts/short sleeve shirts/rolling up sleeves.....but on super hot days, if you're a CM who is outside in the heat, you do get water, no question. You're just supposed to be discreet, and kinda drink when guests arent paying attention, but you do have it.
    And, the horses get put away when its a Code 90. I was at the train station once when it went to code 90 (by 11am!) and watched all the guys start rolling up sleeves.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.