Thread: AP question

AP question

Can anyone tell me when the price of the AP's will rise again? I'm thinking of not renewing until fall but I don't want to get caught paying higher prices. I know they usually go up around November right? Will they go up before that? Anyone? Thanks!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: AP question

It's anyone's guess at this moment.

I've heard rumors that they will go up before the summer season starts.

It's not called a renewal if you let the AP expire. You'd get a new one at the new/current price if your current one is actually expired.

If you aren't going to enjoy the Parks until next fall, then just let them expire and get new ones then. Any savings that you realize by renewing now ($20. discount and possible lower price) will be eaten up with the loss of time/length that you can use the AP, by renewing now instead of waiting until fall.

Ours are good through October, so we'll renew before they expire, since we'll be there for the Holidays.

Good luck!

I knew it wouldn't be renewal if I let them expire, guess I should watch my language
    Problem is, I would use them if I had them. But, mine expire on the 15th of April. I don't want to get caught missing the opening of nemo by days next year.
    If I wait though, that 20 saving, plus whatever they raise it, I have to multiply by my 5 kids and I. So, to renew now would probably mean a BIG savings if they are going up before summer.
    Anyone else know?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama
    I knew it wouldn't be renewal if I let them expire, guess I should watch my language
    Problem is, I would use them if I had them. But, mine expire on the 15th of April. I don't want to get caught missing the opening of nemo by days next year.
    If I wait though, that 20 saving, plus whatever they raise it, I have to multiply by my 5 kids and I. So, to renew now would probably mean a BIG savings if they are going up before summer.
    Anyone else know?
    Most years, it goes up in April or May, just before mine expire in July. So, I always get the "Can't renew yet, oh and the rate went up!"

Oh, figure they will go up $15-20, and remember you save $20 by renewing, so that could be $40 each by renewing.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Do NOT renew if you don't think you will return until the fall, that is just a LOT of wasted money.

Here is a link that shows the math and shows that if you are not going to use the AP in the first month or so, you are wasting money by renewing, and that it is better to wait until you return, and then get a new AP, with a new expiration date...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12082
    Last edited by Darkbeer; 03-30-2006 at 12:29 PM.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thanks darkbeer, that helped. You know everything! We'd have to stand in line again--yuck--but since we've had the same pictures for 3 years now, the kids want new ones anyway.
    Thanks all!

You don't have to stand in line for a new picture if you don't want to. You can do everything from the guest relations(?) windows to the left of the main DL entrance. Our passes had been expired for a couple of years, but they were still able to pull the old picture up and print new cards right there when we restarted our passes.

• Life is Great!

they save the pics for 2 yrs(our had been expired for almost 3 so we had to take new ones) we almost always take a "break" in between passes.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXandBELLESmom
    we almost always take a "break" in between passes.
    {:

We used to do it that way, but since we've been going (at least) for four trips per year, we just renew when it comes due.

It was easier before, when they would offer a AAA discount on the AP's. But now the only discount is the renewal one, and with 6 of us, it pays to keep them current. They (Disney) got it figured out pretty good!

they save the pictures?! That's great to know...although they always question my 10 yr old now, because she looks way diffrent at 10 than she did at 7. It will only get worse That "taking a break" thing sounds interesting. That is what I am contemplating, but not sure if I can go nearly 6 months in between trips...(that is what it would be if I waited until september to get new passes).
    Thanks for the help all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    Do NOT renew if you don't think you will return until the fall, that is just a LOT of wasted money.
    Our situation is that we have PAP's expiring 7/25. We are going back in late Aug and really no longer need PAP's so would propably downgrade to DAP's (no parking). I know mathmatically that means we should probably go ahead and renew (we are within the 35 days) but I am tempted not to. I am thinking of booking through AAA (staying at DLH) and utilizing enhanced FP since we will be going the last full week before most schools start. OTOH, there is still a small part of me hoping for AP Night rates (yeah, I know, wishfully thinking). If we do that, I would still upgrade the parkhoppers to DAP's before we leave on the last day. I was not looking forward to the long lines at AP processing but it seems from some prior posts that I could do this at the Guest Services window.
    EM EYE SEE KAY EE WHY EM OH YOU ES EE

• Circle of Ancients

Do they still apply the parking charges to your AP if you pay for parking when arriving???

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Do they still apply the parking charges to your AP if you pay for parking when arriving???
    they did in october
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!