Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Hunny Popcorn??

  1. #1

    • Use the Force
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    84

    Question Hunny Popcorn??

    Okay, so who here has had this incredibly horribly addictive confection?? I am addicted. I admit it.

    The only problem is it's so darn hard to get ahold of! It seems like the cart is closed more than it's open.

    Does anyone know any tricks as to how to score some when I'm there next weekend? Are there particular days/times that it's open???

    I live in Utah and we like to get a bucket or two before we fly home so we can stick it in a ziploc and freeze some for later, but last time we were there (in November) it was never open!

    If anyone has any Hunny Popcorn info to satisfy my addiction I would be most greatful!!!!!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

    Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

  2. #2

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Seal Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    2,944

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    There's two carts in DCA that sell it. One of them seems to always be open.
    Mike



  3. #3

    • A Pirate's life for me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    top half of CA
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Mmmm, that sounds good!

    I'll have to try some when we're there for Easter.

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    • 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa. CA
    Posts
    584

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Its a must get. It falls in the same category as churros. We not only look for them we split up and search for it as if our kids lives depended on it..Hhahaha In other words Honey Popcorn is the best.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

  5. #5

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    21

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    The only problem is it's so darn hard to get ahold of! It seems like the cart is closed more than it's open
    I have never heard of that kind of popcorn I bet my lady would love it! anyone know where it can be bought? what times would be best to get it?

  6. #6

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Seal Beach, California, United States
    Posts
    2,944

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Quote Originally Posted by MouseketeerSince86
    I have never heard of that kind of popcorn I bet my lady would love it! anyone know where it can be bought? what times would be best to get it?
    One cart is next to the Pooh ride in DL. The other two are in DCA. One in the Plaza and one between Soarin' and the GCH.
    Mike



  7. #7

    • Minion FOREVER!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Campbell, CA
    Posts
    3,037

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Although I agree that Hunny Popcorn is yummy... it's too easy IMHO to make
    on your own.... Here's a microwave recipe from the Honey Board....

    Yeah, I know it's not the same as getting one at DL, but if you're not going to
    DL for a while (like me) and starting to hanker for this (like me!)..... :-)

  8. #8

    • Use the Force
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    84

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Although I agree that Hunny Popcorn is yummy... it's too easy IMHO to make
    on your own.... Here's a microwave recipe from the Honey Board....

    Yeah, I know it's not the same as getting one at DL, but if you're not going to
    DL for a while (like me) and starting to hanker for this (like me!)..... :-)
    Thanks nish! I'll have to try it, b/c I'm having a major craving after all this Hunny Popcorn talk!

    But let me clarify! The Hunny Popcorn sold at the cart next to the Pooh ride in Critter Country is NOT the same as the Caramel corn in DCA. The Hunny kind is much better (IMHO). According to the CM running the Hunny cart in August (which was the last time I was able to score some! Sad!) the Hunny kind is a different recipe than the caramel corn, and it's only sold at that cart in Critter Country.

    MMMMM....and when you get it fresh and it's warm!!!!!! *drooling*
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

    Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

  9. #9

    •   
    • Prefect
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Hogwarts
    Posts
    3,805
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    i had the hunny (not caramel) at the cart in DCA. it's gross either way, IMHO.
    <o>

  10. #10

    • DL ODV CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rehabland
    Posts
    58

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterBelle
    Does anyone know any tricks as to how to score some when I'm there next weekend?
    The short answer is that you won't be able to. The cart has been offstage for several months now due to the continuous staffing shortage. And considering that the cart takes up to three people per shift to operate during peak season, I wouldn't expect it to return anytime before summer, and considering that said staffing issue isn't expected to be over by then, I wouldn't plan on it then either. All four of DCA's popcorn wagons will carry regular caramel corn, which is good, but as has been said before, not as good as the hunny corn.

    Sorry to bring the bad news, but If it's something that you feel strongly enough about I suggest a visit to City Hall to file a formal complaint, that's about all that can be done at this point.
    The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    3,365

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Better yet, go apply to work the honey popcorn wagon lol.

  12. #12

    • Colorful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon
    Posts
    4,583

    Cool Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    OMG! Hunny Corn. Is it anything like Kettle corn or is it better? I hope Hunny Corn will be back by the time I go in September!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

  13. #13

    • @ DENIAL ISLAND
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    I like it cause it is hot and is sweeter/less salty than kettle corn. The ones in dca aren't as good as the one by pooh ride which is always closed
    aka Sara




    One of my children
    isn't pictured,

    ABE is still hibernating

  14. #14

    • Use the Force
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    84

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Quote Originally Posted by Polar33
    The short answer is that you won't be able to. The cart has been offstage for several months now due to the continuous staffing shortage. And considering that the cart takes up to three people per shift to operate during peak season, I wouldn't expect it to return anytime before summer, and considering that said staffing issue isn't expected to be over by then, I wouldn't plan on it then either. All four of DCA's popcorn wagons will carry regular caramel corn, which is good, but as has been said before, not as good as the hunny corn.

    Sorry to bring the bad news, but If it's something that you feel strongly enough about I suggest a visit to City Hall to file a formal complaint, that's about all that can be done at this point.
    Dang it. I had wondered if that was the case. Well, we should be going back in July or August, maybe it will be open then!!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

    Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

  15. #15

    • Use the Force
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    84

    Re: Hunny Popcorn??

    Quote Originally Posted by EagleWings
    Better yet, go apply to work the honey popcorn wagon lol.
    LOL...Well....Utah is a little too much of a commute for me!

    Seriously though even if I were in CA I couldn't work at the Hunny Popcorn cart. I'd get fired for eating the merchandise!!!!!!!!!
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

    Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Okay ladies, which would you rather get from your hunny.....
    By Princess Buttercup in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 08:35 AM
  2. Popcorn!
    By EagleWings in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 12:25 PM
  3. Popcorn Pin?
    By AstroHidengoseek in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 11:11 AM
  4. Hunny Hunt
    By Treat in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2005, 01:16 PM
  5. Pooh's Hunny Hunt...
    By Peabody in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 05:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •