Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Will they close Disneyland this weekend?

My favorite place to nap is on the second level of Inoventions in a little dark corner next to the roller coaster computer

• Merry 2014!

Ummm, what was the pre-Pressler capacity? and how would that make a difference now? if the park is too crowded it is too crowded. right?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    Ummm, what was the pre-Pressler capacity? and how would that make a difference now? if the park is too crowded it is too crowded. right?
    "Capacity" refers to the highest number allowed in the park at any given time.
    "Attendance" is how many different people enter the gate. Attendance can exceed capacity as people leave and never come back, and new people show up for Fantasmic! and Fireworks.

Capacity is determined relative to what number of people in the park is safe. When queues are not used to maximum efficiency, when attractions are permanently (or temporarily) closed, when ODV carts take up walkway space better used by roving guests, when attractions are not holding enough guests, when parked strollers take up walkway space, etc., these all serve to lower the capacity figure determined by the Fire Marshal.
    Yes, Pressler did all these things (well, not the stroller thing).
    If capacity were higher, then more guests could fit in the park at one time, so the gates wouldn't have to be closed as early as they otherwise might be.

Of course, attendance is determined by prices, and some people pay too little to enter the park on these otherwise "tourist" days. But that's a hundred other threads.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Arrive early at the parks.

Capacity at DL must be increased. This should be a goal of management: to get capacity back to its pre-Pressler amount.
    I think it'd be insane NOT to arrive when it opens. We always spend from opening to closing time in the park when we go.

• Basking in birthday love

Dude, for naptime it's all about the animation building lobby. There's comfortable seating, and it's cool, dark, and mostly quiet. I took a nap at Innoventions at about 3pm on 7/17/05, because I hadn't gotten any sleep at all the night before when we were waiting at DCA.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

If you are going at opening, and not leaving until closing, why are you worried about whether they will close the park? You will be inside, and won't even know it! Just don't plan to leave at 2 pm and go to DCA and you have no worries! Well, crowds yes......but you won't get locked out if you don't plan to leave

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

1) You might luck out as the National Weather Service is posting a 70 percent chance of rain through Saturday AM. This might drive down some of the overall numbers.

2) If the park DID hit capacity, which also has to do with the number of CM's working as I understand it, you would want to check at city hall or at the front gates before leaving to make sure you could get back in.

3) Dittos on the animation lobby for the nap. Runners up would be Aladdin (Fun show, but I've konked out before ) and the 50 years film in the opera house. I LOVE that film, but I'm ashamed to admit that I've snoozed at least twice in there. It's usually after a long day with my kids that I end up taking an unintentional nap.

• insufferable know-it-all

Look, unless you're going on a holiday weekend, it's not hitting capacity. I know the park has been pulling in higher numbers lately, but not THAT high. We call it "crowded" because it's fuller than we're accustomed to seeing this time of year. But it's no worse than, say, a summer weekday.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Circle of Ancients

It is probably going to rain ... not meeting capacity.

• Hooterville, USA

DCA I hear is great for naps! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

>>Capacity at DL must be increased. This should be a goal of management: to get capacity back to its pre-Pressler amount<<

Easy fix: reopen Submarine Voyage, Skyway, PeopleMover, Rocket Jets and The Country Bear Jamboree.

• Banned User

I am thinking this place will be packed out, I guess if they close the gates I will spend the day about town. I hope I get in for some time but I am not going to worry much.

Karla, just tell them who you are--they'll let YOU in even if the park is closed!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama
    Karla, just tell them who you are--they'll let YOU in even if the park is closed!

yeah and they will call men in white coats oh man, time in the nut house, not what I need for a vacation ,or is it

Thanks for the secret "nap" locations. Our plan was to leave the park so that our kids can take an afternoon nap, but if it's too busy and it looks like they'll close the gates, we'll try one of those locations.

Thanks again! We're leaving in about 7 hours!

Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast