Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

The Matterhorn Queue

This is something that has been my dream to see at the queue. I stongly believe for such a great attraction they should have a more interesting queue. Not just one that raps around the mountain. iv always wondered if the queue could be brougt underground our throug the mountain.
    pshhh i guess

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: The Matterhorn Queue

I agree, it would be cool if you walk through an underground, airconditioned, sometimes misty(For the Summer days) cavern.

• ...TWO BITS!

This has been discussed before.

It WOULD be really neat to queue through the mountain, but I think maintenance is in there or something.

I think the best thing would be to have a lower level and/or 2nd story queue similar to Jungle Cruise. And also expand the queue a bit north. Besides, there would still be enough walkway...

And add more Swizterland themeing. Don't put up an Abominable Snowman museum. This is about bobsleding down Matterhorn mountain, the snowman is a sort of bonus. So pictures of the mountain and bobsleds would be good queue themeing. As well as other related items.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11

And add more Swizterland themeing. Don't put up an Abominable Snowman museum. This is about bobsleding down Matterhorn mountain, the snowman is a sort of bonus. So pictures of the mountain and bobsleds would be good queue themeing. As well as other related items.
    I like your suggestions, but I think Disney could hint at Harold, maybe just a little...

• Rock Star Minion

Meh. It's fine the way it is. I like how you can know approximately how long it will take to ride.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Merry 2014!

I like it the way it is too. I especially like how you can esily climb out of line, with someone holding your place of course, get a churro or frosty drink and climb back in.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

I like the way it is myself, but I'd like a bit more themeing to the existing queue.

• win twins

i think the queue now is alright...id rather have disney spend construction money and energy on different projects.

plus you get to listen to the matterhorn polka!!!
    Nothing matters in this whole wide world, when you're in love with a Iowa girl

• Banned User

The queue builds anticipation as you see bobsleds race down the mountain. if you get bored you can peoplewatch which you really can't on space mountain.

• șoș Tom șoș

It WOULD be really neat to queue through the mountain, but I think maintenance is in there or something.

I think the best thing would be to have a lower level and/or 2nd story queue similar to Jungle Cruise. And also expand the queue a bit north. Besides, there would still be enough walkway...

Well I share you sentiment, I believe teasing the Abominable Snowman would be a great theme for a queue that raps around a base camp/ski lodge, double story deal.

However it is important to note that while Mtn is large, a two story structure would reduce the sense of scale so in order for it to work, it would require digging down about half a level or more in front of the Matterhorn to complete a new queue building that jets out a little more but keeps the line away from the sides of the mountain.

Once a new queue is in place I think it would be good to replace that lame metal fence with rock formations, plants etc around the base of the hill.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Forced perspective anyone?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by inav
    The queue builds anticipation as you see bobsleds race down the mountain. if you get bored you can peoplewatch which you really can't on space mountain.
    true but IMO i think hearing people scream and feeling the floor beneath you tremble (like on space mountain) builds more anticipation
    pshhh i guess

• Hooterville, USA

I think you should have to scale the Matterhorn to enter the que. Less people and faster lines!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

^ Forced perspective anyone?
    I dunno, I think ah schucks was right...there is only so high you could go before throwing off the Matterhorn's scale...and there is only so much forced perspective you could do before making floor two too small for people...I think it'd just be easier for a nice rock and garden themed queue instead of trying to get a taller building up there just for another switchback queue.

I don't want to see too many drastic changes, but maybe if the carts around and the area around Fantasia Gardens was turned into more walkway (I think at this point, nothing will go in to the old MBC lagoon) and the current chalet improved.

I don't want to see signs that say there is a snowman, its part of the surprise. It works for Everest because of the folklore and history of the mountain. With Matterhorn it is to be a bobsled race down an icy slope, with a surprise.

The height of the structure is tall enough, and the length could be expanded. Maybe to see it enclosed as if you are entering the cottage or chalet at the base of the mountain, where you see past expeditions and photos (i.e. shots from Third Man on the Mountain or climbers of the Matterhorn) and then traditional Swiss stuff I guess. Maybe another track to the music as you can only hear it so many times, but the recording of warnings should stay.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast