Getting Good Stuff "Off-the-Shelf"

What ride systems would you like to see Disney purchase from outside manufacturers for use in the stories and shows it creates?

I was fascinated by the giggles that Woodstock's Airmail at Knott's Berry Farm elicited when I last visited that attraction. The small machine has a very tiny footprint, and the reactions of the, mostly juvenile, passengers to the bouncing movement are extremely entertaining. D.C.A. could solve much of its child-marketing problem with the inclusion of this one system.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 03-31-2006 at 01:51 AM.

Re: Getting Good Stuff "Off-the-Shelf"

One of the gyms I frequent has devices, called TreadWalls, which I find really fun.

The thought has occurred to me to include them in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, since the equipment is fairly easy to use and doesn't require much supervision. Essentially, the device is a vertical treadmill with hand- and foot-holds to use for climbing.

• Why do you keep talking?

Re: Getting Good Stuff "Off-the-Shelf"

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    What ride systems would you like to see Disney purchase from outside manufacturers for use in the stories and shows it creates?

I was fascinated by the giggles that Woodstock's Airmail at Knott's Berry Farm elicited when I last visited that attraction. The small machine has a very tiny footprint, and the reactions of the, mostly juvenile, passengers to the bouncing movement are extremely entertaining. D.C.A. could solve much of its child-marketing problem with the inclusion of this one system.
    Frog Hopper's (the basic model of the ride made by S&S Power, Inc. the same guys who made Maliboomer at DCA and Supreme Scream at Knott's) are not family friendly. Sure the kids love it, but it's not really something Mom, Dad and older brother can ride with the littlest one, nor do they really want to.

That said, most of the ride systems I like are already in place or are on their way.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead