Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Unhealthy Obsession?

You know I was kind of thinking about this question for awhile:

Does Disney(land) consume my life too much?

In ways, to be honest with myself, I think it had and still does today a little bit. However, I am glad I am finally enjoying other things besides Disney. Piano being the main one. So I mean really, it's kind of crazy, what would you guys do if there wasn't a Disneyland? I really love Disney and I guess you could call me obsessed with it, but how many of you think you have an unhealthy obsession over the park?

I'll be honest, I use to. I use to do nothing but go on chat sites and Disney sites and would talk about Disney Disney Disney for hours and also with my family 'til they would tell me to shut up about it. Luckily, I don't really talk about it anymore.

So, let's be honest, how many of you have or had an unhealthy obsession with the park or Disney in general?
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 07-27-2006 at 03:08 PM.

• no flash photography...

Re: Unhealthy Obsession?

I don't have an obsesision with anything Disney. I can take it or leave it. I enjoy going, but I don't "have" to go. Thee are so many other places and things to do. I'm kind of gettingburnt out on all theme/amusement style parks. Maybe not the parks so much, but I have really had enough with rude, pushy people. Some people have absolutly no common decency. The worst is how peopel use their kids. can you move so my child can see? Oh, yeah sure...I only waited 30 minutes for my seat and paid extra to ahve it but by all eans if it's for your child and the 3 adults in your party.....seriously what is wrong with people.....ok done ranting...(that happened time and time again at sea world by the way. In the reserved seating area. people who did not pay for it would come late and....well...you get the idea....)

So, I plan on doing activites that do not involve alot of crowds.....for a while anyway.

• Banned User

O by the way, I don't mean to insult anyone in this thread. It's just a problem I have been having for awhile.
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 07-27-2006 at 11:34 AM.

I see no real problem with being a fan of anything. I don't think anyone here is Disney 24/7. It's a fun thing to talk about, and it makes people smile (like piano with me, and you).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I don't have an obsesision with anything Disney. I can take it or leave it. I enjoy going, but I don't "have" to go. Thee are so many other places and things to do. I'm kind of gettingburnt out on all theme/amusement style parks. Maybe not the parks so much, but I have really had enough with rude, pushy people. Some people have absolutly no common decency. The worst is how peopel use their kids. can you move so my child can see? Oh, yeah sure...I only waited 30 minutes for my seat and paid extra to ahve it but by all eans if it's for your child and the 3 adults in your party.....seriously what is wrong with people.....ok done ranting...(that happened time and time again at sea world by the way. In the reserved seating area. people who did not pay for it would come late and....well...you get the idea....)

So, I plan on doing activites that do not involve alot of crowds.....for a while anyway.
    Sorry to hear about the rude people.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lacrossedragon
    I see no real problem with being a fan of anything. I don't think anyone here is Disney 24/7. It's a fun thing to talk about, and it makes people smile (like piano with me, and you).
    Great point =]

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Sorry to hear about the rude people.
    awe, we still had fun....I moved for the people...I just can't believe people had the nerve to ask....and they got my dry seat and everyone in my party sat in puddles again....it just started to get old. I had to wait also and my child and her friend may be teens, but they want to see thinds also and her friend had never been there before and wanted to see the animals. I just wish people could be more polite and less pushy, but we didn't let it ruin our trip...

• Banned User

^good. =]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Don't be silly. If I had an unhealthy obsession I would have spent most of my free time lately posting on Disney websites, followed by spending all my money on Disney related movies and books and annual passes, then of course spending much of my free time at Disneyland....and....and....

um....

Hmmmm.....You just might be on to something.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Very unhealthy. But it isn't the only one.

"If four out of five people suffer from insanity does that mean the fifth person enjoys it?

• Sock Puppet

You bring up an interesting issue A Disney Dreamer. Disney is something that I am very interested in and Disneyland is a place that I love. I have convinced myself that I HAVE to go there. Deep down I know that I can live without the park. But I actually think that it is a healthy obsession... almost like chocolate. Disneyland makes me (and my family members) happy. My relationship with may family members has definatly strengthened... and I think that we are generally happier than most of the families I know.
    Now if posting on Disney sites daily is healthy is another thing.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I don't think having a hobby is unhealthy unless it puts your health in danger. Disneyland attractions, for the most part are safe for everyone, and those that are not safe have clear warning signs. If you choose to ignore those signs and you are at risk, then it could be unhealthy or hazardous.

As for purchasing collectibles, pin trading, and frequenting the parks, I don't think its any more unhealthy than collecting Coca Cola memorabilia, going to ComicCon conventions, or trading baseball cards.

Some of it may be a bit more expensive than other hobbies, but if you partake in such hobbies you should be able to put limits on your spending and make sure your finances are secure enough to keep a stable grasp on the rest of your life.

When it comes to message boards, I suppose it can be unhealthy. Spending hours on online forums can create an array of symptoms and contribute to others. Obesity, back and neck problems, arthritis, carpel tunnel syndrome... If you don't limit yourself then sure, you're at risk. But every hobby has its positives and negatives.

But I don't think being a Disney fan or having a strong passion for anything is unhealthy.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

310 posts in one month,I say yes.
    BUT,It's better than doing drugs.
    When you start dressing like Disney characters(i.e. like star wars fans lining up weeks in advance of release,in dyer need to get laid) then you've got problems.
    Last edited by UncleTheodore; 04-01-2006 at 10:13 PM.

• For You!

I love this obsession! I guess if I have to have a vice, Disneyland may as well be it! I don't drink, smoke or have any of those addictions, so, why not? There are worse obsessions.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheodore
    310 posts in one month,I say yes.
    BUT,It's better than doing drugs.
    When you start dressing like Disney characters then you you've got problems.
    Lol, you see!!- o boy I am an addict.haha

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast