Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: I miss the 'Good Old' Disneyland

I think we all remember DL as being better because as kids, we don't always see what it really is. It will never be perfect, but it will always be the best around. We have the original, and no one can take that away from us.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Banned User

Yes actually thinking, to each man holds his own opinions- I just miss parts of the old Disneyland- if some disagree, well I would argue with you- you may have an opinion as well. And oh, Rocket Rods lol in my first post- I mean the Rocket Jets- sorry.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O

So people shouldn't want to watch the fireworks? What was Disney thinking when they decided to make an enjoyable fireworks show? And fire is why they don't launch when it's windy.
    Well when they pack them up sooo much you cannot move from where you are, then yes, thats a large hazard- It is absolutly sickening how many people are sardined into Main Street- something has to be done.

And I'm sorry- can't I miss the ursula float? Today's Fantasmic is boring!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    Well when they pack them up sooo much you cannot move from where you are, then yes, thats a large hazard- It is absolutly sickening how many people are sardined into Main Street- something has to be done.

And I'm sorry- can't I miss the ursula float? Today's Fantasmic is boring!
    This is what an emergency exit is for. If Disney had to they can evacuate people through the backstage areas.

If the loss of one float ruins a show than that is a bit of an attachment if you ask me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Oh well. To each his own. I think the 50th has brought in a lot of quality that's been missed. More appropriately-themed, park-specific merchandise. New attractions, although not E-Tickets, quality C & D-tickets. A fireworks show that is absolutely out-of-this-world. Refurbs that were better than any refurb we saw during the Pressler or Harris eras (Tiki, Jungle, Space, upcoming Pirates, upcoming HM enhancements, upcoming Subs)... More paint than we can shake a stick at.
    I guess I'm the only one who thinks Space was just OK. I had a lot of fun on the ride, but, I just miss the old one (be it I was a little kid when it closed) but I still remember it was loads of fun- I think I just really miss the music, that's it- it was the music- i think the current one they have should be used in Rockit Mountain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    This is what an emergency exit is for. If Disney had to they can evacuate people through the backstage areas.

If the loss of one float ruins a show than that is a bit of an attachment if you ask me.
    Yeah it would also take 10 minutes to do so- plus if there was an earthquake or huge fire, yeah there is a thing called 'crowd panic'....it wouldnt' work- here do this- right before the show starts- stand near the train station and say that is a safe crowd to you- i dare you.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

While Disneyland may not be like it was in the days of yore (images of excess signs, and fences around the planters come to mind), it's nice that Disneyland is still there. There's many things that have lost their charm (see: Magic Mountain, Knotts, Respect for the Common Man, The Golden Rule, Crime, Lawsuits, Rights, Lack of Responsibility, Lack of Class, Etc.) over the period of 50 years. I'm still amazed that a glimmer of Walt's dream even exists in the park. The Pressler/Harris era came fairly close to that realization, however they are not to blame.

Sure, it's looking good now, but what's the breaking point? Not even Ouimet can save the park from the corporate snubs that yearn for nothing but money. Not counting the safety-padded condition that the lawyers are making the park.

What's the worst: Disneyland won't make it to the 100th. The train station will stand on it's part of the Berm, and a museum will stand behind it. It will cost $45 dollars for the museum ticket, and it's myriad of safety signs will be covered in dust. However, Walt Disney World will remain. It's cold, heartless corporate creation will seep through, and Walt's legacy will be nothing more than a reason to increase ticket prices.

However, there are still people in the world that will try to do good. The Pixar crew comes to mind. But, will they be able to survive the world that is quickly approaching us?
    -Monorail Man

• Official Mice Chat person

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Who doesn't mis Yestertomorrowland. However, I think if it had remained TL67 we'd be griping about how old and dated it is.

Yeah, I know we would be. There is always something to gripe about. That's not a bad thing, because I do it just as much as anyone else. I never really saw the "old" disneyland. The first trip I had the skyway was already gone, and Indiana jones was already open, and I was to young to appreciate the "white" tomorrowland. When I came back in 98, I didn't notice much change because I didn't remember how it used to be. They are obviously doing something right if they got someone (me) obsessed with it durring what was the "bad" decade. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Disneylandrocks55; 04-02-2006 at 09:03 PM.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I think we all remember DL as being better because as kids, we don't always see what it really is. It will never be perfect, but it will always be the best around. We have the original, and no one can take that away from us.
    That's true. When you're younger everything is percieved differently, and certainly Disneyland is as well. I remember being intrigued and really excited when we went and experienced Tomorrowland 1998 ... I was only about 10 or 11 then. Now as I look at pictures and video of Tomorrowland 98 after it first opened, I realize that it really wasn't all that great. I remember Abraham Lincoln looking 100% lifelike. And since I wasn't entirely naive, I knew Abe was dead, so I thought it was a person up there who looked like Abe, not a "robot" as I would have called it when I was younger. And now, as technology has progressed since I was a little kid and "Great Moments with Mr Lincoln" has been updated, I can totally tell he is an Animatronic... but when I was little I believed it was a real person.

Things are different when you're younger... and maybe thats why many of us believe things we exceptionally better even if it wasn't always the case.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Yeah it would also take 10 minutes to do so- plus if there was an earthquake or huge fire, yeah there is a thing called 'crowd panic'....it wouldnt' work- here do this- right before the show starts- stand near the train station and say that is a safe crowd to you- i dare you.
    Are you even old enough to remember a "Good Old Disneyland"?

That is a safe crowd. I was at Disneyland in July and August. I'm well aware of the crowds during Remember. Disney knows how many people they can hold in an area. The Orange County Fire Marshal knows how many people can be there. The Castle did catch fire and everybody was fine.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

How does losing a float change the show and make the entire show boring.. are you saying that the only good part of the show was that one float? because then i dont think you hate fantasmic because of a float that malfunctioned.. I think you just hate fantasmic, float or no float

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    How does losing a float change the show and make the entire show boring.. are you saying that the only good part of the show was that one float? because then i dont think you hate fantasmic because of a float that malfunctioned.. I think you just hate fantasmic, float or no float
    I actually love the show probably more than you do- it was always a childhood favorite of mine. However, all good shows need change. Fantasmic should always be updated- the Maleficent dragon is a shame to the show- it always has been. It is a nothing of a dragon. And of course- where's Pocahontas, Cinderella, Hunchback, Lion King, Aurora? There are so many more scenes that could be added to F! And that is what makes me sad- cause its so short now. And the Ursula float was great, but it's hardly the reason why I think Fantasmic should be updated. I just basically think now that its 2006, the show should get some new scenes.

Do you disagree with me Evan-500? Or do you agree that I make a good point that a 14-year-old show should be updated just a bit with new songs, show scenes, and a better Maleficent?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I love fantasmic, and I will not compare my love to fantasmic like you just did with me...

Also, I think adding new technology is always great, but adding new scenes makes it lengthy and boring, it needs to be an amazing show, but not a long one... Also, Pocahontas was done, and IMO it's an aweful scene...

and when I saw the show, the dragon was as incredible as ever, and too the common guest it is incredible, because they dont get to see the show more then 5 times

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• враг народа

Blog Entries

]It is a nothing of a dragon. And of course- where's Pocahontas, Cinderella, Hunchback, Lion King, Aurora? There are so many more scenes that could be added to F! And that is what makes me sad- cause its so short now.
    It's always been 20 minutes. And the show you are looking for is Fantasmic! at the Disney-MGM Studios.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    I love fantasmic, and I will not compare my love to fantasmic like you just did with me...

Also, I think adding new technology is always great, but adding new scenes makes it lengthy and boring, it needs to be an amazing show, but not a long one... Also, Pocahontas was done, and IMO it's an aweful scene...

and when I saw the show, the dragon was as incredible as ever, and too the common guest it is incredible, because they dont get to see the show more then 5 times
    And yes, I can compare because I love Fantasmic as much as you do. And no, I have not seen the show more than 5 times.

And why shouldn't the dragon be updated? It is after all the 21st century- a head on a stick doesn't seem to do the show justice.

And who says a long show can get boring? Yeah talk to Broadway fans. If a show always seems to top its last scene, it will never get boring. And yes, from video I have seen, the Pocahontas scene does look terrible.

But it doesn't have to be. It could be improved greatly.

I just don't see why any Disney show should be 'set in stone'. It's Disney! They should always try and improve everything that they do. And if a person has a problem with that, well, that person must be very stubborn..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast