Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: I miss the 'Good Old' Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus
    I love the new space mountain music. I play it on my way to work, to kinda get me motivated - It's expecially exciting when I am passing semi's on the freeway.
    Me too! Of course the trucks scare the $#&@ out of me.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I agree! I never remembered the old Space Mountain music before the 6-disc anniversary set that was released before the 50th. When I listened to that audio I immediately thought "Paradise Pier" ... Surf guitar definately doesnt fit in Space. I think the new music works better, but I suppose I'm in the minority with that.
    My boyfriend bought the 50th Soundtrack and everytime I hear the Dick Dale Space Mountain track, I think of California Screaming. The new song does fit in with Space Mtn. than the old one.

Hear, hear Master Gracey!
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Minion

Blog Entries

off topic but they took out TWO floats on F!

Ursula, yes, but the croc used to follow the pirate ship! last few times i saw it he wasn't there, it he back?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    I forgot to mention this too, what I also miss is seeing Arthur walking around with his bag and picking up lost and found items and saying hello to all of the cast members. Now, there is an icon that is missing from the park. For those who never had a chance to meet Arthur, you sure missed a real treat. I was one of the fortunate ones that got that opportunity, when I was a cast member.
    Wow...what memories you bring back...Arthur was the nicest, kindest gentleman you'd ever want to meet! I remember him mostly as I clocked out, and walked past the guard shack at Harbor House..."Hey Barry, how's it going? You work tomorrow? work tomorrow?" Indeed, Bullwhip is so right...you missed a real treat if you didn't get to meet Arthur.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BULLWHIP GRIFFIN
    I miss Carnation Plaza Gardens and all of the Big Bands they had there and seeing all of the older folks relive their memories by dancing the night away (big names too, like Glen Miller's group, Harry James, Ray Anthony, etc..)
    How about Teddy Buckner and his Jazz All-Stars at the French Market?

I used to come in on my off nights all summer long to go to the Plaza Gardens...my buddy and I would stand just off to the side where the bass player usually was positioned...we saw Ellington's orchestra, Buddy Rich, Woody Herman, and best of all...Count Basie...our best memories were seeing him perform for several summers before his death.

But this post is not meant as mere "Yesterland". Some things in Disneyland need changing. But what was the need to change the Plaza Gardens or Tahitian Terrace? Both were immensely popular, and I'm sure that jazz or big bands would still draw a crowd to the Plaza Gardens. Bring back fantasia ice cream, too...beats a Dole Whip by a mile!

Of course, they used to use the big bands and the pop acts that played Tomorrowland, as a lure for one-day SoCal visitors, and that's not the emphasis any more. Still....

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345