Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: Indiana Jones...should I??

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I think it boils down to a simple answer. You're a crazywoman.

Yes! A sick crazywoman!!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat
    For overeating - yes. For motion sickness, try ginger (as in snaps or ale).
    Agreed. My sister suffers from extreme motion sickness. Ever since ginger snaps was suggested, No Problemo!

As for Indy, we ride it in the front row all the time. (It just happens). The one time, literally the ONLY time we rode in other seats (the middle), she did feel quesy.

As for Star Tours...again, front row. Only way she can handle it.

Actually, everything is front row for her. And Ginger snaps.

As for TOT - she refuses as she has a phobia of elevators dropping. As for me, rode it once, scared the peejeesus outta me..(said nasty words..THE nasty bad word all the way through the ride.. didn't mean too, just happened). So not sure if I'll ride it again.

But as for Indy.. you have to do it just once. Just to say you did. Go for it!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Banned User

One of my best friends is very prone to motion sickness and she fights off some of her sympotons this way. Check out the info below:

MOTION SICKNESS is surely one of the worst feelings in the world. First you feel weak, then you get dizzy, then nauseated, then you throw up. Some children get motion sick virtually ever time they go for a car ride. Some adults experience motion sickness for the first time when they go on that luxurious cruise--and spend the first three days confined to their cabin. Almost anyone can be vulnerable to motion sickness, though some people are more vulnerable than others: In one study where just over half of Caucasian and black subjects suffered from motion sickness, virtually all Chinese people got sick.

While motion sickness feels like it begins in your stomach, in fact it begins in your inner ear. Just recently we've learned that it's the disparity between what the eye reports seeing (a stable environment like the cabin of a ship) and what the inner ear knows is happening (the constant moving, rolling, and pitching of a moving ship) that causes the problem. The body reacts to this stress with an overproduction of hormones that eventually precipitates the dizziness, sleepiness, fatigue, headaches, and nausea of motion sickness.

Fortunately there is a good natural remedy for motion sickness: ginger. Ground gingerroot capsules, which you can find in any health food store, will help prevent motion sickness for most people. In fact, in some tests, ginger was proven more effective than Dramamine and, unlike Dramamine, has no side effects. I tell my patients who are prone to motion sickness or who are going on a sea voyage for the first time to lay in a store of ginger capsules. Take two or three an hour or so before leaving and one or two every three or four hours after that. You can also make a ginger tea by steeping peeled, chopped fresh ginger in boiling water for a few minutes. Iced ginger tea makes a good drink for any boating party.
    From: http://alternative-medicine-and-heal...motionsick.htm

I'm a big fan of all theme parks, ( huge coasters included) so this is a tested method. Make sure to load up on Ginger caps, ginger ale, and ginger snaps as snack food before you hit the park and it should help you out a bit I hope.

As a side note….

I had the chance to check out Indy less then a month ago during Knott's "Winter Coaster Solace 2006" for the first time in a few years and it's still a great ride. I hope you get the chance to experince Indy pukey free, good luck!

Menefee-

Edit, first post here folks, nice to meet you all.
    Last edited by SM2Designs; 04-04-2006 at 01:14 AM.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by SM2Designs
    One of my best friends is very prone to motion sickness and she fights off some of her sympotons this way. Check out the info below:

From: http://alternative-medicine-and-heal...motionsick.htm

I'm a big fan of all theme parks, ( huge coasters included) so this is a tested method. Make sure to load up on Ginger caps, ginger ale, and ginger snaps as snack food before you hit the park and it should help you out a bit I hope.

As a side note….

I had the chance to check out Indy less then a month ago during Knott's "Winter Coaster Solace 2006" for the first time in a few years and it's still a great ride. I hope you get the chance to experince Indy pukey free, good luck!

Menefee-

Edit, first post here folks, nice to meet you all.
    Nice post SM2Designs!! And Welcome to MiceChat!!

I like your Avatar.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123