Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Indiana Jones...should I??

Hi, can someone explain to me what the Indiana Jones ride is like? I get motion sickness so can't go on rides such as space mountain and rollercoasters so will I be ok on this ride? Is is like a rollercoaster? Is it a really fast, jearky ride? Hope someone can help. Ta.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Indiana Jones...should I??

Indiana Jones utilizes what Disney calls an Enhanced Motion Vehicle (EMV). Basically is it a simulator on wheels. This allows the vehicle to simulate driving on rough terrain and jerk around in ways a person would but a car wouldn't really. It's a dark ride on steroids. I am quite prone to motion sickness and don't have problems. I also think you'll be fine on Space Mountain as it is incredibly smooth.

• Hooterville, USA

Aw, take a chance. A little vomit doesn't hurt. But if you want to really hurl, go on Space Mountain and do it on a tight curve and spread a little "joy" among your friends!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Small Projects Team

Just go on it and don't concentrate on how jerky it is, there's plenty of special effects and things to look at. Ya it's a little rough, but you can handle it if you can handle star tours.

• Waiting for the stork

I also am very prone to motion sickness, but I have never had a problem on Indiana Jones... too much going on for me to get ill....and I get off and hop right back on...so I'm not worried about that one...

the ones that get me are:
    Star Tours...I can't get on it at all, but I have been told that the back row center seat is the best to avoid motion sickness, I don't know I never got that seat, and eventualy gave up the ride all together...

Space Mnt is fun, I love it, but if you get motion sicknes, close your eyes in the "launch" and have the person next to you tell you when your out of the "Icky" tunnel.....I will be happy to explain that more in PM is you would like, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone that is unaware of the effects, and wants to be surprised....
    anyway after Icky tunnel, the ride is smooth and easy...no motion problems at all for me....

Tea Cups....I have never been on them, and never will....just watching them is enough to make me sick....

hope that helps you out some
    procrastibating

• white and nerdy

If you are worried then ask to sit in one of the middle seats.. they have less movement.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    If you are worried then ask to sit in one of the middle seats.. they have less movement.
    I second that, sit in the middle row middle seat.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I get motion sickness, too. Can't even think about riding Star Tours ever again. But, I do okay on roller coasters, I guess because of the wind in my face - as long as I don't try to focus on anything I'm passing. Anyway, I've never had a problem on Indy, even going on right after eating. It's VERY jerky, though. I say, try it once. At least you'll have ridden it and know what it's all about, but do it at the end of the day, just in case.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• e komo mai

It's an awesome ride. I say do it. You'll always remember the ride. The memories of pukeage and motion sickness will fade.

There is really only one way to find out how it will be for you - get on and enjoy (and hopefully not sick). Have a great time when you get to the park.

I get motion sickness on many rides now. I can not do Star Tours or andything that spins. I get sick on roller coasters very easily though the new version of Space Mountain seems to be much better. I can ride Screamin and be nauseous for 30 minutes or so after. Even the Tower of Terror and cause me to get sick. Indianna Jones can make you someowhat motion sick. There have been times I got off and felt like I had ridden a coaster. Sometimes it is not as bad. I ride it on every trip but could not do it two times in a row. I think you should give it a try and see. Once won't hurt.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedaisy
    Hi, can someone explain to me what the Indiana Jones ride is like? I get motion sickness so can't go on rides such as space mountain and rollercoasters so will I be ok on this ride? Is is like a rollercoaster? Is it a really fast, jearky ride? Hope someone can help. Ta.

It is a very jerky ride but you shouldn't have a motion sickness problems with it. If you have a bad back however, you should stay way.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aussiedaisy
    It certainly is a long way to go not to experience the attractions. You could stay home and do the same for a lot less.
    It's Disneyland. Nothing is too vomitatious here. (Tea Party cups excluded from that.)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rainicorn.

Don't sit in the front or back seats, especially the back since it's the MOST jerky. The middle is the best.

And Sediment is correct, nothing is too vomitatious.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• I Love Disneyland!!

I am totally prone to motion sickness and I don't have a problem with Indy. Star Tours- Yuck! and Never teacups or Roger Rabbit with a teenager!

TOT can be bad if you get on a slow elevator with a bad sequence... some times I get sicker than others on that.

Here is what I have found to work for me after getting sick last year and not really enjoying myself....

1) make sure you eat before you get to the park! The greasier the better. I know, that sounds rediculous but it has worked for me. One of the best days I had was after we had a Wendy's value meal before I got to the park. If I leave early, I like to get a McDonalds Sasauge McMuffin (no egg) with a sprite and 2 hashbrowns. I think that the grease might coat your stomach and stop all the acid from forming. Who knows!!

2) Always take a Bonnine (not Drammamine, it makes you sleep!) when you get to the parking lot. By the time you get to your first ride you will feel great!

3) If you ride something and start feeling sick... find something to eat fast! By Screamin' there is a stand you can get french fries. By Muhuland Madness there is the corndog stand. (the bigger the better!) You know where the corn dog stand is as DL!

I know that most people that get sick feel like they shouldn't eat anything cuz they don't want to throw it up on rides, but I have found that if I do eat, I rarely feel like throwing up at all!!! (don't forget the Bonnine to settle your stomach)

I am going next Tuesday 4/11 with my brother who get's really sick and hasn't been able to ride without getting sick. I am going to try out my theory on him... I will let you know what happens!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast