View Poll Results: Which do you like the best?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Original West Coast Disneyland PeopleMover attraction

40 63.49%
  • Walt Disney World's MK Tomorrowland Transit Authority

12 19.05%
  • Disneyland's brief Rocket Rods (or a follow-up version that works)

11 17.46%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: (Certainly not the last) People Mover thread

i think the roofed cars were better and there are ways to add mor coverage from the elements like plexiglass. I hope these are modernized and have more color than the white with a stripe trains. I am sure there is a system out there that can be cheaper. The maglev system while it may be fast and futuristic is pretty expensive to run and probably cots the same as lims because both run off of electricity. Also has anyone considered putting sollar power on the roofs of the pm cars for power to the voice boxes. there is also a lot of real estate on roofs where they could add solar pannels to help power rides and lights. While it won't completely make disneyland self sufficient it could put a major dent in the electrical bill plus no one would see it except from maybe the matterhorn thunder mountain and splash(plus tower of terror but you can see everything from there)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Old school.

• Ian The Fox

Rocket Rods was a lot of fun, but it was definitely a flawed design. I mean, the thing was basically doomed from the start. The PeopleMover, however, provided a nice diversion from the usual hustle and bustle that seems to happen in Tomorrowland.

With that said, I can see why they'd nix the PeopleMover in favor of a faster "thrill" ride. However, the PeopleMover provided one of the best overall views of Disneyland and was fantastic when you just needed a break from the walking around and waiting in lines.
    Woof!

• The one, the only...

Perhaps it is nostaga but I remember the ride foundly. I rode the Transit Authority this last December but did not feel the same about it. Remember the multicolored vehicles were fun just to watch move around Tomorrowland. I remember that city of the future that once was shown on the Peoplemover. The name is even cooler. Transit Authority sounds too business like. Remember we are at Disneyland to have fun.

If the Peoplemover does make a return, then it should be functional this time allowing people not just to take a tour of Tomorrowland, but really have stops that allow people to use it to move between Fantasyland and Main Street. It should also look cool, with the latest design for the cars. That would make the Peoplemover a really cool ride again.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: (Certainly not the last) People Mover thread

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    Old school.
    Well the votes are in, we want OLD SCHOOL Futuristic Transportation, people. LOL.

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by alex-jmp
    By that I mean, yes you could use maglev or LIMs but would the cost of installing such a system not be profitable or that the running costs of said system would be astronomically high considering the price of electricity in the state of California.
    Disneyland does not pay for the electricity it takes to run the park. That is generously donated by the City of Anaheim free of charge....

just a little factoid

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

OK...besides the obvious (It was the last of the truly good make out rides) it's really quite sad to watch the Tomorrowland DVD and see the ride after it first opened. IT WAS PACKED!! In 1967, it was the hip and trendy new thing to go on. Even as a kid, I used to love that ride, though for the life of me, I have no idea why. I think it was because you got to relax for a few minutes and simply take in Disneyland from a different vantage point. I think I was also fascinated by the fact that the ride never stopped. The Rocket Rods LOOKED cool when they first opened them, but obviously they were poorly designed. I think it's been unthinkable that NOTHING has been done in....how long has it been? Are we going on 10 years here? Bring back the people mover already!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    Disneyland does not pay for the electricity it takes to run the park. That is generously donated by the City of Anaheim free of charge....

just a little factoid
    You're not serious.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I've heard the free electricity thing before but I don't know if it's still true since they added the 3 hotels and the second theme park plus Downtown Disney. I know they spent a fortune to rework the major powerlines that bisected the DL Parking Lot, to make it turn and go around DCA.

The Original.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

East-siyyd.

Not, the TTA is the best, but you have to love how in the 60s when Goodyear sponsored Disneyland's the name Goodyear was mentioned for tires, speedramps, anything as often as possible.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    East-siyyd.

Not, the TTA is the best, but you have to love how in the 60s when Goodyear sponsored Disneyland's the name Goodyear was mentioned for tires, speedramps, anything as often as possible.

That's just what rides in Tomorrowland were like. Monsanto presents Hall of Chemicals! Come on in for a free sample DDT spray! (okay, not really, but that company has since been embroiled in a number of health/ethics issues, which just goes to show you what Disney risks getting in bed with.)

But things like that were put everywhere so that Walt could fill the park up with stuff by using other people's money. These days our views on business and Disney are different, and if they can't build jack without slapping some company's name on it every inch of the way, it just means they're cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12