Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Splash Mountain?

In the last year I have noticed how you can get more wet on the small drops than the great big drop at the end. I know weight has something to do with it in the logs or could it be the flume itself. I mean the more water they have running in the flume it seems to get in the log itself. As you are traveling down the flume you can almost feel the log bottom out. Has anyone every noticed the water higher than usual on certain days?
    Jason

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: Splash Mountain?

definately! I noticed that water was coming into the log from the floor the other day... so shoes were getting wetter than usual!

Also, I got soaked the other day and I was in the middle of the log. The water came in from the sides and soaked me all the way down to my socks!
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I always get the most soaked...als I concequently get the front and the water splashes the most into the front...for me @ least

• that's right!

It depends on a bunch of variables

• A Pirate's life for me!

I do OK when I ride in the rear seat. Thankfully!

• Basking in birthday love

The second to last seat is the money seat for staying dry. That's where I sit when I film the ride.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I've noticed that too, for whatever reason water just rolls into the log on the 2 really small drops but not on the larger ones. Pants always get soaked in the wrong places...

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak
    The second to last seat is the money seat for staying dry. That's where I sit when I film the ride.
    You should see my most recent splash pic...this Guy had his Videocamera pointed right @ the camera...it is halrious...so I had to buy it..

• white and nerdy

After exaustive research here are my tips for the wettest ride avalible while avoiding the cheap "lap soaks" from shorter drops.

For the benifit of simplicity we will say there are three drops. 1st is the slippin falls, 2nd is the lauging place, including the smaller drops around there, third is the drop into the briar patch.

General Tacticts: While the splash is baised on a variaty of variable, there are things you can do. For a larger overall splash you want the front of the log to be heaviest. This will cause two things. First it will sink the nose on the splash causing a tidal wave over you, and 2 it will create huge side waves that can, depending on the weight of the riders, splash at head level to every rider in the log. Loading the weight into the back of the log will keep the front dryer, but can cause the cheap lap soak much eaiser. keeping the weight even across the log is usually the best bet for keeping everyone the dryest.

LEANING: Don't underestimate the power of a lean. There comes a moment on each drop where you hit maximum velocity, ususally the moment you feel as if you are finally free falling. If everyone in the log leans forward at this time, you can cause a larger splash, if everyone leans back you can cause a smaller splash (this is with arms up as high as you can go, of course) When you lean forward make sure your chest hits the back rest infront of you, and vica-versa for leaning backwards.

1st drop: Use this more as a gage for how wet you will get on other drops. See how far your splash travels in relation to the barrel on the left and the singing inbread frogs on the right. If you hit the frogs, then whatever you were doing would will get you very wet on the 2nd and 3rd drops.

2nd drops. On this series of drops you can get the cheap lap soak. I have found that if you get everyone in the log to lean to the left you can usually avoid the lap soak.

3rd drop. Just lean forward when you feel the log hit maximum velocity, around the time the camera takes a photo.

Again, there are other variables, but these are affective enough to create a predictible ride.

Yes, I am married too.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Red Face Re: Splash Mountain?

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    After exaustive research here are my tips for the wettest ride avalible while avoiding the cheap "lap soaks" from shorter drops.

2nd drops. On this series of drops you can get the cheap lap soak. I have found that if you get everyone in the log to lean to the left you can usually avoid the lap soak.

So after your exaustive research (which was awesome) so is the 2nd drop lap soak the wettest you can get...wait that sounds really bad...but you know what I mean...so the water level could have a effect here? yes?
    Jason

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Redsix
    In the last year I have noticed how you can get more wet on the small drops than the great big drop at the end. I know weight has something to do with it in the logs or could it be the flume itself. I mean the more water they have running in the flume it seems to get in the log itself. As you are traveling down the flume you can almost feel the log bottom out. Has anyone every noticed the water higher than usual on certain days?
    Isn't much of this just due to the new logs being larger than the ones the flume was designed with?

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Finally a solution, I've always hated those stupid lap soaks on those drops.

• My Children's Father

Last Sunday I was noticing high-water marks that would indicate the flumes had been run in the past with more water in them ...... but I agree with the OP that the small drops get you wetter ......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Senior Minion

Alot of the "new" logs were getting stuck, after the small refurb or log upgrade they did last year and they had to increase the amount of water pumped in.

And yes I have noticed a big difference in how wet a person gets now, and sometimes in the weirdest spots.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Ian The Fox

The larger logs displace more water in the flume and with the added water to keep the logs afloat, the amount of lap spillage increased.
    Woof!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast