Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• (harmlessly)

Best Hotel To Stay At

I'm going to Disneyland (for the first time ever!) for a couple days next month. Any suggestions on which hotel to stay at (and why)?
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    What is your price range and when are you going? Are you planning on staying on property, or at another hotel in the anaheim area?
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by stalking lily chou-chou
    I'm going to Disneyland (for the first time ever!) for a couple days next month. Any suggestions on which hotel to stay at (and why)?
    Next month is May. I predict that it will be busy - no much will be realatively cheap.

As Dramaqueen has said - do you plan to stay on or off propery? On property I have stayed at Paradise Pier and Grand California Hotel. Both are nice, with GCH having a more relaxing feel to it while PP feels very energetic. I have no experience with the Disneyland Hotel.
    Do you plan to do a character breakfast? If so, that might figure into your decision. It is slightly easier to roll out of bed, plop into something, and then go downstairs for breakfast than it is to make a trip to another hotel to eat breakfast.

Off property the only experiences I can recall are the Mariott and Hilton. They are a walk (about 1/2 mile or so) but one can get passes to ride the Anaheim buses back and forth. Prices, from what I remember, are inline or slightly lower than the prices at the on property hotels.

There are many other off property options available. I wish I could be of more help.

• (harmlessly)

I'm flying out from the east coast to visit my sister in Hollywood, and then she & I are driving to Disneyland sometime during the third week of this month. Since we're only going to be there for two or three days (I'm pushing for three!), the price won't really be a big issue. That said, I don't plan on spending too much time just sitting around my hotel room. I'm going to try and be in the park for as long as I'm allowed! Still, we're going to have to hang out somewhere in the off hours, right? So I guess I'd like to make that time as enjoyable and memorable as possible.

Side note: My girlfriend and I visit Disney World semi-regularly, we always stay on-site, and haven't left "the property" more than once per visit (usually to go to Universal Studios Florida). If such an exclusive/inclusive stay is the thing to do in sunny CA, well, we'll do it!
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• Merry 2014!

If you plan on staying in one of the surrounding hotels and not disney property, then I highly suggest Candy Cane Inn. Great themeing, great staff, free extended continental breakfast, very comfy beds, and a private shuttle. It is about a 7 minute walk to the Disneyland gate, so it is very close. I stayed in a deluxe room (a little larger than a standard with 2 queen beds) with my sister and we loved it. I have stayed in a lot of the off property hotels, and IMHO this was the best small motel in Anaheim. I do believe a deluxe room is $90 a night. Check Travel Advisor as that is the site through which CCI has online discounts. Hope this helps.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    I would recomend the Disneyland Hotel if price is not an issue, especially if it is your first visit. There are many amenities you will enjoy- but I would book as soon as possible to get the best deal.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

•   
    • Minion

If money was no object, I would try to stay on site... The trouble is that they may be over capacity at this point... Only because of the 50th...

I think I heard form dshimel that they are booked at 89% capacity already... And that was a couple of weeks ago, so they are likely to be over 92% which means they are not accepting any more reservations, though there may still be rooms available... But it may be worth a shot... Particularly if it is only for 2 nights...

Is it a weekend or during the week? That would also be another question...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

If price isn't a problem, I would recommend the Grand Californian. I too like to spend as much time in the parks as possible, and the Grand was perfect for me. I always stayed at a Good Neighbor hotel, and I would always bring everything I would need for the entire day with me in the morning- including change of clothes and sweatshirts. I would store it in the lockers and pick it up when I needed it, but it always seemed to never work well- I would get cold in DCA, but my sweatshirt would be in Disneyland. Or I'd store something in DCA's lockers, then go back to Disneyland thinking I would return to DCA later, then not want to leave DL but have to exit and go to DCA just to get whatever I left. The Grand is SO close to both parks that you can easily hop up to your room to change, shower, whatever, and you won't lose much time at all. I didn't even bring a backpack into the parks. Plus, the views are gorgeous!

• Feel the breeze!

If money is not an issue, I would say Grand Californian. It would be the most expensive of the three. If you wish to stay on property "economically" I would say Paradise Pier. Plus, it is always fun to see Stitch at breakfast!

It sounds like you are going towards the end of April. I would say call up and make the reservations.

• Merry 2014!

I just read your reply, and IMO staying on property is not that great a deal. It is way more expensive, plus there is no transportation to the park from the hotels. It is quite a walk from DH to DL as I have walked that route. Unless you stay at Grand Californian Hotel, which is right on DCA property and the Most expensive, closest hotel to Disneyland, I don't see an advantage. The only thing to recommend it is that it contains some of that "Disney Magic". I mean there is a Character Breakfast in DL in the Pavillion restaurant if you are into that or at GCH that you don't need to stay onsite for. You might want to try a Package through Disney Travel. It is easy and inclusive so you have everything in order before you arrive.

• (harmlessly)

This is probably a terribly ignorant question around these parts, but what sort of crowd size should I be expecting at Disneyland come late this month? Will the hotels actually fill up?

While I would normally make hotel reservations, this is going to be more of a "So you've seen enough of Hollywood, now let's head to Anahiem!" trip.

Oh well, doesn't every fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants adventure have to be a little bit of a pain-in-the-butt?
    The Hedgehog's Dilemma

• Feel the breeze!

There are enough hotels around DLR that I have little doubt you would find a place to stay going door to door asking if they had a room.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    The hotels are offerring discounts until the end of this month- your crowds are probably going to be moderate, but avoid going on the weekend if you can. If it's fly by the seat of you pants, I would just recommend logging onto www.hotwire.com while you are in Hollywood and making last minute reservations that way- you will get the best deal. If you want to stay on property, I don't reccommend "flying by the seat of your pants"- you will end up paying 200 bucks to stay at a best western if you do. I expect the hotels will be at capacity by the time you get there if you don't make reservations now.

Do you MiceChat?

DMCA for life, yo.

• Smells like beer

I don't know how many times I have to say it. The Castle Inn
    I find it hard
    It's hard to find
    Oh well, whatever, nevermind

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I don't know if this is an issue or not but of the onsite hotels, The Grand Californian is a smoke-free hotel.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast