Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Madam Leotta

Madam Leotta

I'm hoping someone can help me settle an argument I have going with a friend. She insists she can see wires on the floating Madam Leotta crystal ball. For the life of me, I can't see any.

So here are my questions...

#1 Does anyone know how the effect is done?

#2 Has anyone else seen wires?

Thanks!

I've seen pictures that show the wires

it's really hard to see though I think

• Resident Science Nerd

There's another thread that adresses this, just search for Madam Leotta.
    But yes, I can see the wires, the best place to see them is as you're exciting the room, you can see them from the side.

We were there on Mar 30 and my 8 year old son pointed out the wires. I wasn't so sure, but when we rode a 2nd time I could see 2 wires 1 on each side coming down in a V from above to the globe. You have to look pretty hard to see them, but if you catch the angle just right you can see them reflect the light.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I noticed the wires the first time I rode after the new effect.

Regardless, though, I think the new effect is simply incredible. Its more exciting and creepier and gives the whole scene new life. Madame Leota is much improved now.
    The candles on the tables are really great too. So realistic-looking. I wish they'd change out the chandelier in the foyer and the flickering candle-lights in the stretching room to candles like the ones in the Seance Circle.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Yes, I agree with the changes your talking about

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Minion

I read that at the same time the Leota effect was added, a new effect was added in the Stretching Room, something called pinpoint audio or something, that would make it so one person could hear something, and the person next to him/her wouldn't be able to. It was in that article Darkbeer posted that quoted Al. Does anybody know about this?

• Disney fans for life!

We noticed the wires on our first trip (since the refurb) through the HM a few weeks ago. If you don't look for them you might not notice...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    I read that at the same time the Leota effect was added, a new effect was added in the Stretching Room, something called pinpoint audio or something, that would make it so one person could hear something, and the person next to him/her wouldn't be able to. It was in that article Darkbeer posted that quoted Al. Does anybody know about this?

Yeah, that sounds cool. Does anybody know about it?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy

I haven't noticed it. I know that Master Gracey's voice travels from one part of the room to the other a coupe times throughout his speil, but no pin-point audio that I've noticed. I'm assuming they're playing around with it, and have tested it, trying it out for some future effect...

As of right now, though I don't think there is any "pin-point" audio in the Stretching Room. That article was the first time I have ever heard of it since I don't recall ever hearing about it from any of the reports on the new Mansion effects which were added recently.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    As of right now, though I don't think there is any "pin-point" audio in the Stretching Room. That article was the first time I have ever heard of it since I don't recall ever hearing about it from any of the reports on the new Mansion effects which were added recently.

I think they may have adusted the timing of the stretching room as well... It seems like a longer pause before the doors open... They used to open in the dark now they don't and you see the concrete part behind the elevator doors... Looks ugly and cheap... I hope they can fix that... But I doubt they can...

The change may have been for safety concerns and the elivator gap...
    Check out my other blog:

• Minion

I can't wait to see madam Leota fly!

31 days

The wires are quite obvious I thought. Several wires are needed to help stabilize the ball as it's moving around. If they used only 1, it would be swinging around in a chaotic way such that the video couldn't be synchronized with the movement. And the audio moving around the stretching room has been there for quite some time now. Still, they continue to add amazing things to this ride. I also like the changes to the pictures in the gallery... they look so much more creepy now.

• Feel the breeze!

I do not care for the "updating" of the hitchhiking ghosts, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    I do not care for the "updating" of the hitchhiking ghosts, though.
    Are you referring to the plastic rain coats they're wearing now? I kind of agree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast