Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

Re: My face hurts from smiling....PB's trip report on the happiest

You girls are having so much fun together!! I wish I could have been there, too!!

--Claire

• Circle of Ancients

^ I wish you could have been here too Stinkerbell!

Oh my gosh....it is raining so much today and for some weird reason I am really enjoying it! LOL It's not cold at all..just wet!

After finally going to bed at 3:30 am last night, I got a few hours sleep and then woke up at 8 am! We had planned to try to do early entry into the park but we were just way too tired....and hungry! LOL

I ordered room service for us to eat while we were getting showered and dressed for the day! Have I told you already how much I LOVE this room! It is huge....they brought us a regular size dining table to eat at and we still had plenty of space!

Luv'slilo and her daughter arrived while we were eating and as soon as we were finished we headed into the parks. Ken and Brittany went to DCA and the rest of us went to DL. We met Karla at the hub as planned and there she was in all her glory driving her motorized scooter! I swear she had the moast maniacal look on her face. I couldn't stop laughing! And I kept telling her "PLEASE do not run over some little kid or little old lady!" She tried to get me to lay on the ground under her wheel like Mac did under Crazy Legs' whEel, but I told KARLA aw the line somewhere....especially since the ground was soaking wet!

We went on Peter Pan first which had a long wait and then we went on Mr. Toad's which had no wait at all! The ride broke down and the first thought that crossed my mind was "Oh my gosh, Karen is in front of us and she's stuck in hell!" LOL They evacuated us which was actually a lot of fun....hell feels hot and I had not realized that before this! When we exited Luv'slilo said something to me like "I must be an internet geek because the first thought that crossed my mind was I can't wait to post about this on the internet!" I said "Then I must be an internet geek too because the same thought crossed my mind!"

We went over to Haunted Mansion after that and literally walked right on to the ride! Alicia was very brave even though people screamed in the elevator and she kept her eyes closed or played peek a BOO during the ride!

We went on Splash after that....I love that ride...it is great rain or shine, daytime or nighttime! I always have fun on it!

We went on the Pooh ride after that and debated as to wheter Pooh smoked pot or ate mushrooms . We decided he must have smoked pot since he was chowing down on honey!

We headed back toward Adventureland and Britttany and I took Alicia in the Traders store while the others went on Indiana Jones. I found a great pin for Ken that has Stitch wearing a hula skirt...too cute!

By this time it was not just raining , but pouring buckets! Karla and Rachel decided to head over to DCA and the rest of us went on Buzz Lightyear! None of us got very good scores this time but our pictures were cute! We got fast passes for Space Mountain then went to the Monorail station. We got to sit in the front car again ....yay! It was kind of funny because the driver was checking us to make sure we weren't dripping too much since he said that water can short circuit some of the wires under the seat. We were actually pretty dry, all things considered, but the roof was leaking a lot of water!

We decided to go to Rainforest Cafe for lunch and there wasn't too bad of a weight! ken and I had two shots of patron and two margaritas while Brittany and Luv'slilo and Alicia went back to the room to change. Then we got seated upstairs....it is really nice up there! My hubby had the appetizer plate, I had the crab dip and totilla chips, Brittany had fajitas, and Luv'slilo and Alicia split a pizza and clam chowder. Everything was very good and we all had leftovers to take with us!

We thought about going down to the pool and jacuzzi but after passing a few people in their swimsuits covered with goosebumps we decided maybe we'd just take warm showers in our room instead. Luv's lilo and Alicia just took off ...she is such a nice lady and her daughter is just precious!We had a really fun time with them! We are just kicking back in our room now , but we'll probably go into DCA in a little while and meet up with Karla and Rachel again unless they come here first!

• love my friends

Oh princess wish I was with you guys today

peonix said if it rains KNOTTS will be closes.. he said it was closed today.. he gave me the## to call in the morning.. I hope it isnt.. the girls will be dissapointed

if it is I may meet up with you guys somewhere tomarow ok

the girls really want to see rachael and karla

Friends for life

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    the girls really want to see rachael and karla
    If it rains, maybe we can all go to a movie instead! Ice Age 2 is playing in DTD! We could also go to Build a Bear or something!

• love my friends

that would be great.. I know the girls want to see that movie.. they also want to go to build a bear.. I will call in the morning and call karla ok.. just to make sure

I have been there when it rains before.. I enver knew they closed it thhough.. maybe they do if it is raining in the morning.. I was there and then it rained 1/2 way through the day

if you see karla tonight.. tell her about this ok, I ahve been trying to call her but she isnt answering.. thanks a bunch

Friends for life

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

PB, loving your story and it sounds like you are having loads of fun! If you have tequila shots and margaritas at lunch, I so want to have lunch with you some time

•   
    • So fetch

What PB said about the trip.

<--- too lazy to type up a trip report.

It was a really fun day.

Waiitt.. theres a meetup.. When? tell mee!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• love my friends

i had a blast tell me when ther is the nedxt meet please

Friends for life

• no flash photography...

Sunday was really fun. I just wish I had more sleep the night befroe so I could stay longer and ...well...be more awake...LOL...

I saw karla waiting outside the rain forest cafe on my way out so I got to say good bye... I was really glad we saw her...

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup

We are just kicking back in our room now , but we'll probably go into DCA in a little while and meet up with Karla and Rachel again unless they come here first!

I just thought I'd wrap up this trip report. We went back into DCA and it was the most uncrowded we have ever seen it. We walked right onto Soarin'...got the front row of the middle section ...always the best..yay! Then we went to the Animation building and learned how to draw Mickey...Brittany's was the best. After that we went straight to Turtle Talk.....such a cute show...my hubby loved it and kept saying "dude" and "cha" the rest of the night. Then we finally went on Monsters for the first time! I loved the section with all the doors and I liked the sushi restaurant section ....the smell of ginger made me crave Yamabuki! We went and did Screamin' as our last ride. It was weird because the music wasn't playing on the ride so we were really aware of the sound of the tracks! I thought it was funny when we came into the station and the CM said "Shoo!" to get us off the ride! LOL We bought 3 caramel apples on our way out of DCA and went over to DL to meet Karla and Rachel. The first ride we did there was Space Mountain....it made me green again! Then we went on the Matterhorn and I discovered that I hate the Matterhorn in the rain...my shoes were sopping wet the rest of the night and the next day. We went on IASW after that which was also pretty soggy! Then we went in some of the shops around there and picked up some souvenirs. I've already told you about Karla's crazy driving incident after coming through the castle. I still can't think of it with out laughing! We also went in some of the shops on Main Street and played "The Nightmare before Christmas" on the organ....I love watching the lights blink in rhythm with the music. It was almost closing time so Karla and Rachel hurried off to catch their shuttle and Ken and Brittany and I walked back to our hotel with a stop along the way at Wetzel's Pretzels.

On Wednesday we were just beat so we slept in pretty late. We weren't sure if we'd be going to Knott's or not so we went down to the pool and jacuzzi in the meantime. I asked my hubby what we should put on over our swimsuits to go down to the pool, and he looked out the window , laughed , and said "Raincoats." It really was yucky weather...very windy and cold and looked like it was gonna rain any minute. When we heard Knotts was off, we just took our time packing and didn't leave till noon. Then we walked through DTD, bought some pins and did some pin trading, stopped at the GCH and just lounged in the bar, went to Storytellers and had some pizza and a great salad, and then got a one hour shopping pass so we could go into DL one last time and pick up a few things.

We went back to our car and over to the HOJOs after that. We really love that hotel...it's nice to go there after all the hustle and bustle of the DLR area. I think it's all the pine trees around it that make it seem so peaceful. We had a really nice room in building 2 overlooking the pool. We slept for three hours. Then Karla and Rachel and Darkbeer and Lisa met us in the parking lot at 7 pm and we all went over to Knott's Berry Farm. We did a little shopping in the Snoopy store and the candy store and then ate dinner at the chicken place. The hostess there had a really cute personality and our waitress was great! The food was excellent from the biscuits and butter, creamy chicken noodle soup, sald with dressing , fried chicken , and corn to the boysenberry pie with vanilla icecream. And my favorite thing was the boysenberry punch. I am going to have to do some serious dieting and exercising to make up for this trip!

We said goodbye to Darkebber and Lisa in the parking lot and then headed back to the HOjos where I made Karla her first ever cosmoplitan. I forgot that my portable shgotglass is actually the size of two shot glasses so the drinks came out kind of strong. She did not like hers, but drank some of it anyways to be polite I think. She and I and Ken went down to the jacuzzi with the laptop computer and read through some of the threads! We were just cracking up at some of the comments. Karla really is a very humble and down to earth poerson and was very amused that some people were acting like she was a celebrity or something. We thought of so many things we wanted to post but didn't!

We took her and Rachel back to their room just after midnight and then went to bed around 1. That was the first reallly good night of sleep I got. We left at 9:30 am, stopped to see the UC Merced campus on the way home and decided no way is Brittany going there and then drove the rest of the way home and were here by 6:30.

It really was a great trip in every way. I think sometimes when you travel and meet that many different people, things can get really hectic, but everyone who went was just really easy going and every get together we went to was just a lot of fun in all different ways. This was definitely one of my favorite trips !!

I'm ready to stay home for a long while now and hear about all of your trips!!

• GO DBACKS!!

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: My face hurts from smiling....PB's trip report on the happiest

Great report, PB! thanks for giving us all the details!
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• Merry 2014!

Excellent trip report! It is so nice to do Disney with good friends. I was living vicariously here and really need a DL fix now!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks for the trip report, PB...Kathleen and I really enjoyed meeting you.

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast