Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

My face hurts from smiling....PB's trip report on the happiest

...place on earth!

Hi Folks!

Well it's almost 1 am ...I'm wired and everyone else is asleep (hubby's snoring ) so I may as well start a trip report

Ken and I left our house in Santa Cruz on Saturday morning with only our daughter Brittany since we are also visiting the colleges and universities where she's been accepted as part of this trip. We were so excited because it was SUNNY and WARM!!! Our first stop was Westmont College in Montecito. It is an absolutely gorgeous campus and we could see her fitting in there very easily! We were there from about noon till four and had not eaten lunch so as soon as we left we stopped at the first decent place we could find...which happpened to be the Joe's Crabshack in Ventura. That was great! We had a table with a view of the ocean and all I kept thinking while I was sitting there was "Karla is gonna kill me if she finds out I came here without her! " lol

We left there around 5 pm and there was no traffic so we got to Karla's hotel in Anaheim at 7 pm! We were so excited to see each other since it's been a year since our last trip here together. I also got to meet her daughter Rachel who as you can see from the pictures is quite beautiful, and not only on the outside but the inside as well! We spent about an hour at the hotel talking and then headed over to DTD where various people from the Belles and Beaus started showing up....first Matt Hamand and his family, then Stitchlover and her daughter, then Silver Phoenix and Becka, and finally MeiMei and her family....there were 16 of us total.

For the next few hours we just meandered through DTD chatting, listening to music, dancing, eating various food items , and going into various shops. I think my favorite was Libby Lu because I enjoyed watching Rachel putting together her special "potion" and I was also finding all kinds of pink things to hold up and show my husband from the distance while he was talking to Matt. I kept giving him my big puppy dog eyes look and he kept saying no to everything....especially the pink fuzzy phone....it cost a hundred dollars and it wasn't even portable!

By 11 pm , everyone was pretty wiped so we all headed back to our various hotels. We all got up at about 7 am the next day in our room and Karla and I started putting together the party bags....she brought the bags , candy, and glowsticks and I brought the Princess cards, pencils and phone books plus some Princess bags with jewelry for the little princesses. We had to work pretty quickly because we made 64 bags total (we gave every single one away which tells you how many people there were there) and we finished at 9:30 am. We got a call from Matt Hamand saying people were already showing up at the Storytellers so we'd better hurry!

We drove over and got there just before 10 and Matt was right! Quite a few people were already there! It was really fun finally getting to put names to the faces of everyone! The hostess would call the name on one of the reservations and off 8-14 people would go to their table. We had 5 tables total and there were 47 people altogether. Four of the tables were on one side of the restaurant and Karla's was the only one on the other side of the restaurant and several of us (including me) were going back and forth between the various tables. Now I don't know how many of you noticed this , but I thought this was kind of funny....on every reservation card it had a note that said "Some lady named Karla Hart has been calling and making reservations using different names...we have told her repeatedly that we can't make reservations for large parties" But the restaurant staff was very nice and very patient with all of the activity and the CM and character entertainment was good too as well as the food.

After breakfast , we took some pictures out in front of the restaurant and then we headed over to the hub where there were even more Micechatters and took several more pictures. I passed around a book for people to sign and these are the signatures I got:

PB, Westley, Brittany
    Fast Pass Mountain, NeverNeverland
    Radiobarry, Kathleen
    Silver Phoenix, Becka Lynn
    SCUBAbe, Lisa
    Lady Jane3 and her daughter
    Darkbeer, Deogge's mom
    Stitch TT6 , Levi
    Stitchlover, Marissa
    Matt Hamand, Michelle, Adam
    Luv'slilo, Alicia
    Dustysage, Fishbulb
    Crazy Legs
    A Hyperbole and her daughter
    Wolfy and her daughter
    Captain Phoebus
    Demigod
    Karla , Rachel
    Kelly, her husband and her two daughters
    MeiMei, Duckman and their two daughters
    Villain's Fan
    Disneyphile, Froto Potter
    Morrigoon
    Scar Lion
    Miss Christine
    Sunnygirl
    Jiminy Cricket
    SirClinksalot
    Belle "Kristi"
    Max and Belle's mom
    Cuzco
    Jimmy and Never Grow Up

If your name isn't on this list, that means I missed you....so sorry...please let us know if you were there too!
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 04-04-2006 at 01:33 AM.

• Merry 2014!

Re: My face hurts from smiling....PB's trip report on the happiest

I am so glad that you had such a fantastic time. I can't wait for Part 2! This seems like a very large meet; does anyone know the record of attendees to a Micechat meet?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    Hi Folks!

Well it's almost 1 am ...I'm wired and everyone else is asleep (hubby's snoring ) so I may as well start a trip report

Ken and I left our house in Santa Cruz on Saturday morning with only our daughter Brittany since we are also visiting the colleges and universities where she's been accepted as part of this trip. We were so excited because it was SUNNY and WARM!!! Our first stop was Westmont College in Montecito. It is an absolutely gorgeous campus and we could see her fitting in there very easily! We were there from about noon till four and had not eaten lunch so as soon as we left we stopped at the first decent place we could find...which happpened to be the Joe's Crabshack in Ventura. That was great! We had a table with a view of the ocean and all I kept thinking while I was sitting there was "Karla is gonna kill me if she finds out I came here without her! " lol

PB...did you know that on your way to Ventura you came within a couple of blocks of my house...the La Conchita estate, as I call it...we like Joe's, but there are some other good places too...and Karla at least got to look at our local beaches in a thread we had going a couple of months back...

Please tell Karla how much both Kathleen and I enjoyed meeting her...and how much I appreciated the extra few minutes she spent with me, especially as tired as she was (and a little bit overwhelmed I'm sure).

Barry

PS...This was, I'm sure, right there with the January birthday meet as attendance records go...maybe even a few more this time...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Circle of Ancients

Whew! Just wanted to make sure that was all recorded before going on with this report!

After all the picture taking, most of the group headed off to the Columbia. A few of us headed back over to DCA because we had promised Luv'slilo we would meet her and her baby in Bug's Land and spend the day there. We had a lot of fun together going on It's Tough to be a Bug, doing the personality quizzes in the animation building , seeing Turtle Talk for the first time, riding TOT...it was Luv's lilo's first time...and eating 'lunch' at Taste Pilot's around 4 pm.

Then it started cooling off so we went back over to DL to get our jackets from our locker, pick up the group photo we'd had taken and ride Space Mountain. Then we headed right back over to DCA to hook up with Luv's lilo again. We went on the Sunwheel and this is so awesome.....the sun was going down and as we looked to the west it was hitting the top of the Matterhorn and then way off in the distance it was hitting the top of the snow peaked San Gabriel mountains (I think that's what they're called ) . It was absoultely gorgeous!

When we got off the ride the sun went down and even though it was now dusk and pretty cold, Becka and Ken and I decided to go on the Grizzley!!
    It was Becka's first time and she got soaked!

It was about 7:30 by this time and we were all beat so we decided to call it a night! We said our goodbyes and then Ken and Birttany and I went to check into our room at the GCH. We had a great location! We were on the 6th floor of the building above the lobby and we looked out our window at the Sierra Tower of the DLh and parts of DTD. We all took showers, put on the nice robes they provide and then ordered room service desserts....a warm brownie with vanilla icecream , cheesecake with berry sauce, coffe , and milk. That was a great way to end a great day!

On Monday morning, Karla called us at 7:30 am to let us know the plan for the day...we fell back asleep about 2 minutes later! But she and Rachel were with Mei Mei and her family for the morning so we knew it was okay!

We got out of bed around 9 and went down to the pool and jacuzzi. It was really peaceful and relaxing! Then we went to the Whitewater Cafe ...in our bathrobes over our swimsuits....no, we're not shy ...and ate breakfast.....thier breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches are the best ....and probably the cheapest breakfast at only $4.99 a piece!

We had to hurry after that because it was almost 11 am and we were moving from the GCH to the DLH for the next two nights. It all went smoothly and we were on the monorail at 12 and met Karla and Rachel in DL at the Hungry Bear right on schedule!

We got fast passes for Splash, then went on Haunted Mansion and Pooh while we were waiting. We also went in the Pooh's corner store and got a chocolate and caramel covered pretzel stick.....yum.....a rice krispie treat..okay...and a caramel pop...sickeningly sweet! Then it was time for Splash , which was great, especially the part when a huge wave came over the front of the log and completely drenched Brittany but not the rest of us!!

We went over to the REAL jewelry store in New Orleans after that and introduced Karla and her daughter to the most expensive "souvenirs" you can buy in Disneyland. They have some beautiful pieces of jewelry in there and the salesladies were nice enough to let us try on several things! I also liked that she told our girls...."stay in school so you can buy yourself these nice rings some day!"

We went and got fast passes for Indiana Jones after that and then had lunch at the Stage door cafe.....I love their chicken strips and mozzarella strips. We went on Thunder Mountain after that.....I LOVE going on wild rides with Karla...she is a crack up...I can't explain why...she just is!!!

Then we went over to the Tiki Room where we got our dole whips of course and watched the show. My hubby does not like that show, but he was a good sport and sang along with the birds in his best falsetto voice!! People were actually looking at him like he was weird or something...can you believe it?!

We went on the Jungle Cruise after that.....now normally I love that ride,,,cornball jokes are my thing.....but........the CM stunk...her jokes were not funny at all and her presentation was terrible plus the sound system didn;t work well.....I hate to be mean but it's a fact. So anyways....Karla could tell I was disappointeds so she started making up her own spiel...it was really funny! I think they should hire her!!

It was now about 5 pm and suddenly we all got hit by a sugar low or something so we decided to take a break. We got on the monorail and headed back to the DLH. I forgot to mention that when we had checked in earlier , we asked the CM to give us room keys and charge slips for all the adults and she handed me three. I said "My daughter wants one too." She said "I'm sorry , but only the adults can have the charge slips" and I said "She is an adult...she's 18." She started laughing and I said "No really she is!" I was laughing too because I thought it was funny because she really is 18 but people always thinks she's only 14!

Anyways....we got up to our room in the Marina tower and when we opened the door, we were all soooooooooooo surprised! It is the BIGGEST room we have ever seen in this hotel....because it's at the end of the hall, it's almost th3e size of two rooms. I am going to take pictures to show you...it is GREAT!!!!

We hung out here for a little while just enjoying the room and the view of the pool and then we got in our van and drove down to the Disney Warehouse and Target! Karla found all kinds of great stuff for all of her kids and I got some Mickey ears and Ken got a Stitch mug and lanyard.

Karla has gotten no sleep on this trip so we took her back to her hotel so she could go to bed early and took Rachel with us to our hotel. We dropped off our stuff and headed right back into the park. We went on Buzz Lightyear first. Then we headed over to Indiana Jones and on the way there someone handed us a bunch of fast passes for Splash....I love it when that happens! We got the front row on Indy which is the only way to go! When we got off that we went through the Tarzan treehouse. Then we heard the fireworks starting so we went back up in the treehouse again and stood on the bridge of it for the entire show! Thta was neat because not only was the view great, but we could also see where Tinkerbell landed and we could see her when she was getting ready to take off again.

After that we went on Splash and then got two more of those choclate covered pretzels. Then we went on the Matterhron and last of all, Space Mountain. For once, I didn't turn green on it! We were all tired and hungry for dinner ..but NOTHING was open since it was now 11. She ate some beef jerky in our room, but that was all we had! I hope Karla doesn't kill me for not feeding her daughter! Oh well...I'll tell her this way she'll have a lot more room if we decide to go to a character breakfast in the morning!

We've taken tons of pictures soI 'll try to post some soon!

My hubby stopped snoring so I better grab this window of opportunity to go to sleep myself!

• most magical vaca ever

I'm LOVING your reports PB.... cannot wait to see the pics
    ~~~~~~

• A Pirate's life for me!

Tiggerific report!

I really like the idea of everyone signing your autograph book. How clever!

Thanks!

• 'Taint sure it's puddin!

Very nice report; looking forward to the pics!
    "Search the boat...."
    First works spoken by Captain Nemo (James Mason) in the Disney classic - 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea

PROUD Member Of................

Do you MiceChat?
    There are several ways for you to help support the site you love:
    - visit the MiceChat store
    - Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page
    Whatever you do, your help is much appreciated!

• And, THEN she said...

Awesome report PB..it sounds like everyone is having a blast..Im SO bummed Im stuck here and not there with you guys..

If you can, PB take Karla down Pacific Coast Highway..its a beautiful drive! and Im sure you guys will love it

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Cool Re: My face hurts from smiling....PB's trip report on the happiest

Awesome reports PB! thank you so much. I can't wait to make my own trip reports in September.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Great trip report, PB. It was nice meeting you. You're as sweet IRL as on the boards. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great trip report! It's really appreciated by the folks who couldn't make it over to the west coast.

Now where are those pictures woman!!! LOL JK.

• Former Epcot CM

Pix Pix Pix!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• I'm your huckleberry.

It was fun meeting you and your daughter PB!!! I don't think I ever got the chance to say hi to your Westley though!

I'm glad to hear Karla is having a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Life is Great!

great report, ill have to get up early and ditch the family to make it to breakfast next time, sorry i missed it. im still contemplating ditching work wed to go to knotts. wish i hadnt been really sick a couple weeks ago, dont like using my sick days that close together.
    {:
    Marci
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great report!!!!!!
    Fun times
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now