• The one, the only...

Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Pavilion

I came across this for the first time last month. I did not know that DL was offering a character breakfast hosted by Minnie Mouse. Disney is usually good about promotion, but it seems that this character breakfast gets nothing from the marketing department. How long has this been going on?

Second, does Disney not understand that this breakfast would NOT be appealing for little boys? Why is there not a MICKEY character breakfast which also has Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and Donald. It just seems just make sense that you would want to appeal to the widest group of people if you are marketing something.

Third, the price for the breakfast seems to be a secret. When I walked by, the sign did not list a price. It seems that Disney feels that it is better to attract people who don't care about the cost.

From the CM's waiting around, it looks like this breakfast is not going very well. It could be because of the reasons above. Is there anyone who has done the breakfast? How was it?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Minnie's Breakfast at the Plaza Pavilion

We did the Minnie's Mistletoe breakfast during our Christmas trip. The food was great and there was plenty of interaction with the characters,

The usual group was there...Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, Chip and/or Dale, Eeyore, Pooh, Tigger, Donald and Daisy. We even had one of the Princesses come by the table (I don't recall which one though).

All of our four kids (and us) enjoyed it.

About the only thing missing were the Christmas costumes! Other than a Christmas scarf on Minnie and a Santa hat on Eeyore, they were dressed in their usual garb.

I don't recall what the pricing was, but I do recall that it was reasonable for all six of us (especially compared to Goofy's Kitchen).

Enjoy!

• Disneyland Freak

They don't advertise the character breakfasts for the same reason they don't advertise the other eateries... they're just restaurants. You can always ask the CMs out front for the prices or pick up a menu outside, as well. Mickey can't be EVERYWHERE. He has a busy fimling schedule at the Movie Barn and from time to time he takes time to greet guests in Town Square. He's a very busy Mouse.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I wonder where they bring the food in fropm, since the Pavillion kitchen had been torn down, I was told...

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    They don't advertise the character breakfasts for the same reason they don't advertise the other eateries... they're just restaurants. You can always ask the CMs out front for the prices or pick up a menu outside, as well. Mickey can't be EVERYWHERE. He has a busy fimling schedule at the Movie Barn and from time to time he takes time to greet guests in Town Square. He's a very busy Mouse.
    Since Toontown went in, I have not seen him at Town Square, other than parades. I just think that the PINK sign and the emphasis on Minnie is not appealing to little boys. Goofy would be another matter but I know that he is hosting another breakfast.

BUT THIS IS DISNEYLAND! If Mickey Mouse is not at the hub of Disneyland where should he be! Humm? I know that he will do guest appearances later in Toontown, but at this time of the day, no guests are up in Toontown anyway.

Also I know you could aways ASK the price, but that is poor customer service to force the guest to ask. Imagine if you had a menu at a restaurant and had to ask the price of each item. People know you have to pay for something, why not just list the price on the sign?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

I've got lotsa pictures of the breakfast (New Years Eve) below.

I don't think there's anything unusual about the way they promote it.

The French Toast is my all-time favorite. The biscuits and the powdered sugar bear claws are sensational.

The bacon needs help.

But everything else was terrific.

What's really fun is when the Park opens for early entry at 7:00 am. You can get in a lot of rides that first hour, including Space.....and then meander on over to a hearty breakfast when they open at 8:00 am, after all that riding!

• Just Me

Too bad they refused to take walk ups the last time we went. I was told "priority seating only."

Oh, you are kidding? Because, I walked right up at about 8:20 am, New Years Eve...Dec 31, with absolutely no reservation.

Now, "Priority Seating" just means seating inside. Usually the porch is available first come, first served....which is what I got NYE.

But, the porch is quite nice. You can look out at the Park, and the characters seem to like to come out there more often.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I wonder where they bring the food in fropm, since the Pavillion kitchen had been torn down, I was told...
    But isn't the Minnie breakfast at Plaza Inn, which is a restaurant anyway with their own kitchen, so why would they need food from another kitchen?

JiminiyCricketFan - On the times when I've been in the park early, I've seen Mickey in Town Square. There's usually more room there for lines. I've seen characters in the hub, and the congestion it causes is not a good thing.

• Hooterville, USA

The character breakfast I attended there was $20 per adult and $10 per child. Very pricey for what we got. And stupid me, didn't wear my glasses and paid with my credit card, and didn't know what I paid until I got home! Doh!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Use the Force

Yipes! $20 for breakfast? Even with characters that seems steep. :/ Maybe I'm just cheap......
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Since Toontown went in, I have not seen him at Town Square, other than parades.
    Seriously? He is ALWAYS in Town Square whenver I'm there. Especially in the morning, you should be able to find Mickey right in front of the Mad Hatter shop in Town Square and Minnie not too far away. Sometimes he'll be out front by the Mickey floral as well often times with Minnie.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    Also I know you could aways ASK the price, but that is poor customer service to force the guest to ask. Imagine if you had a menu at a restaurant and had to ask the price of each item. People know you have to pay for something, why not just list the price on the sign?
    The indoor menus in the restaurants all have prices. None of the Resort's outdoor menus show prices, Plaza Inn is no exception. I've never seen a restaurant outside of the Resort that posts a menu outside. Their purpose is to let you know what kind of food you'll be shelling out the bucks for. It's not exactly the most user friendly but that's how it goes.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Creative Director

$20 a piece for a character meal is pretty standard these days at most disney parks. there are a few that are more expensive, but most are 20 per person (adult).

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    The character breakfast I attended there was $20 per adult and $10 per child. Very pricey for what we got. And stupid me, didn't wear my glasses and paid with my credit card, and didn't know what I paid until I got home! Doh!
    $20.00 is not a lot........ if you are planning to eat them under the table:

Plate number #1 & #2: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/94758896/

Plate number #3:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/94760214/

Plate number #4:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/94760218/

Plate number #5:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/94760217/

I could barely walk/roll out of there.....but it was NYE.

I swear I don't eat like that everyday. Well......I try not to.

I definitely got my money's worth.

We went last year. We made a PS the day before without a problem, but they weren't accepting walk-ins, even though the place was more than half empty. We had an awesome time! We had Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Captain Hook, and Jane from Tarzan all stop by our table of three adults. We enjoyed it and the food wasn't too bad - not as good as Storytellers' but still good And it cost us about $37AUD so if you think it's rough paying $20 for breakfast, imagine how we felt!
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW