Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Is it time to put the Muppets away?

Another problem is that the three 3-D shows at Disneyland are the same three shows that are seen at WDW so if you visit both like we do there is nothing new and different. Add to that that 2 of them have been around for quite awhile and their attendance drops. I like the Muppet show but it definately need an overhaul. HISTA can go. Bug's I still really enjoy...probably because it is not as old.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I love the Muppets.

There's a good way to do the Muppets in 3-D and a bad way, and, unfortunately, Muppet*Vision 3-D just falls flat. The attraction could be so much better if it was placed in the right hands.
    I love the muppets also, but I think that the film is over 20 years old now... that's two decades. Everything starts to show their age over time. And I say it's time to get a new movie.

• The one, the only...

All I can add to this is that I know that there are Muppet fans, but it is looking like a minority.

Here were the wait times for about 4:30PM at DCA:

55 Min --Tower of Terror
    60 Min -- Sourn' Over California
    45 Min -- Screamin'
    30 Min -- Turtle Talk (Every seat taken in the theater)
    60 Min -- Monsters Inc.
    0 Min -- Muppets
    (I did not see the Tough to be a Bug wait.)

I am not against the Muppet Show. I think it is cute, but again if people choose not to walk thirty feet from Monsters to Muppets even if there is NO WAIT there is something wrong!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Rock Star Minion

Their show has been off the air for centuries. Disney has two cable channels to put the old reruns on (and to sell the DVDs), and they're STILL not on TV.
    A lot of the public does need to be re-educated on Muppets, if Disney wants to profit from their geniusness. Leasing them to Pizza Hut might be a short-term moneymaker, but I don't see the irreverence in Miss Piggy replacing Jessica Simpson. And, really, we should see some "pre-commercial" hilarity that is a trademark of The Muppets' show-in-a-show theme.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I think it's just that you need to change the films over time because seeing it once maybe twice is enough and since a majority, at least I'm guessing...that the DCA visitors are APer's, they've seen the show and have no need to see it again. Changing it up will definetly put some spark back into that little theater. Sad to see that the showings are so poor since it is so nice of a theater. It's just like HISTA...it gets old QUICK!

I think the real problem with it is that the muppets are precieved by most people as has been's

it's been a decade or longer since the Muppets have produced anything that I would call truly funny

the reruns might work but I remeber Nickelodean doing something like that once and I realized it looked dated because of all the guest stars being from decades ago

if they wanted to bring the muppets back the only real way to do so would be to actualy run a brand new muppet show with the same type of humor but with more modern references made for the audience

sadly I can't see that happening

I actualy like Muppet Vision 3D I saw it last year with my cousins who didn't even want to go into the theator because they've only seen the muppets as they are now not as they used to be (actualy I think the muppets are pretty bad too I don't watch the old stuff at all my only reason for going was I had vague memories of going on it at WDW when I was very young and wanted to see what it was again)

besides the 3D character I'd say muppet vision is pretty good and alot better then ITTBAB (ITTBAB feels like it assaults me in an attempt to impress me with effects that I've just come to expect) the laid back feel is much nicer the AA's are great and the jokes are actualy pretty good

the ending is cool how the entire theator is destroyed

but with the Muppets being has beens and certainly not timeless in my book I can see were it would get low level's of interest

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I love the muppets also, but I think that the film is over 20 years old now... that's two decades. Everything starts to show their age over time. And I say it's time to get a new movie.
    In May of this year, Muppet*Vision will hit its 15th anniversary as an attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    0 Min -- Muppets
    (I did not see the Tough to be a Bug wait.)

I am not against the Muppet Show. I think it is cute, but again if people choose not to walk thirty feet from Monsters to Muppets even if there is NO WAIT there is something wrong!
    Muppet*Vision has a very HIGH capacity. 584 guests every 17 minutes. The longest you will usually wait is 5 minutes in between shows as it resets. There is not wait because the first part of the show is the preshow that is the same length as the show in the theater. If you took that away then you would have to wait about 15 minutes between shows. But last time I checked that was the only 3-D movie with a preshow. HITSA has the Kodak commercial one as a "preshow" and for It's Tough to Be A Bug! you listen to buzzing insects and look at the wall and other people around you. Muppet*Vision can easily see 8,000 guests on an average day. I don't personally know Muppet*Vision at DCA's average attendance, but it would be in the busy season where there would actually be a wait.

• Princess Mouse Ears

Weezer did a music video with the muppets 2 or 3 years ago and that video was widely popular. Maybe they need muppets outside the theatre inviting people inside. The first few times I walked past the theatre I didn't realize it was open.

Here is the link to watch the Weezer & muppets video if any of you are interested: http://weezer.com/downloads/Default....Keep+Fishin%27

The song is called Keep Fishin'
    So many mouse ears, so little time...

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisylovesteacups
    Weezer did a music video with the muppets 2 or 3 years ago and that video was widely popular. Maybe they need muppets outside the theatre inviting people inside. The first few times I walked past the theatre I didn't realize it was open.
    With the recent construction and location in DCA I can understand some difficulty to attract guests. They have done a good job when I've been there to have a Cast Member greeting guests at the entrance. But because of the building's structure it doesn't have that natural walk-up appeal that Florida has.

As far as the Weezer video, I love it too. Unforunately, the Muppets characters walking around and greeting guests is something that Disney would have to clear with the Hensons and involves re-working their costumes. I would like to say this is in the works of happening but their costumes were re-done just a few years back. They were approved at first but then the Hensons changed their mind. Even though Disney owns them they still have to get approval since they are a franchise. (The same thing happens when The Disney Stores make anything new including signs, logos, designs, etc. as Disney gives the "okay" since it's their franchise.) It's weird, but that's how things go. Trust me, I wish the characters could come out too.

• Use the Force

I love the Muppets. I recently got the first season of the Muppet Show on DVD, and after having watched it I thought about the Muppet 3D show and realized...

IT'S NOT THE SAME!

The Muppet show is hilarious, where M3D is well...pretty lame. Some of it is cute and funny, but the whole Bean Bunny and the little cartoon guy (who I know someone just named but I can't remember) are annoying.

But, that being said, the only post Jim Henson Muppet movies that I like are Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island. All of the other shows have been just pathetic (IMHO). They lack the wackiness of the original TV series. But, the TV show was a new and crazy concept at the time. But a lot of it is definitely not PC and with how PC conscious everyone is nowadays, a lot of the original Muppet content probably would be edited out.

I think the Muppets should stay, but I think they need to redo the show. And I also think if they could somehow have a few different films that run on a loop it would make the whole 3D movie experience a lot more fun. So you never know exactly which script you are going to see.

I love the movie posters in the queue and think that kind of humor is what is needed to put some oomph in the show.

I still go to see the show once every trip (which I don't with HISTA), but I definitely wouldn't be upset if I missed it.
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• keep moving forward...

i love this show,and its always been one of my favorites... i think you guys dont like it too much anymore because you have see it so many times, i have too but i go only once a year to mgm and that is enough time in between, this is one of the shows where i find the preshow funnier thent he main attraction because it is pure muppet humor.

• Use the Force

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    i love this show,and its always been one of my favorites... i think you guys dont like it too much anymore because you have see it so many times, i have too but i go only once a year to mgm and that is enough time in between, this is one of the shows where i find the preshow funnier thent he main attraction because it is pure muppet humor.
    I agree. The preshow is great, as are the movie posters outside.
    Disneyland Fan Since 1985

Next Trip: July 6 for the Premier of Dead Man's Chest!!!!!!!!!!

• Colorado Bound?

Well, I love the Muppets but they are, for me, dated. It's sort of a "what have you done for me lately" thing. My DD does not have a regular exposure to the Muppets and is more interested in Flick and the other Bug's Life characters. The Muppet movie just does not grab a 4 year old as BL can.

As for 3D movies? They're fine as long as people want to see them. Tough to be a Bug is a good show as is Philharmagic (great fun). HISTA is dated because the movie is old. But it's still fun taken out of the context of the movie it came from.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.....

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    This is true. Which is why Muppet*Vision will probably have a longer life and better attendance at the Disney-MGM Studios over DCA because like a lot of shows once you've seen it, you've seen it. Are you going to see it again? Probably. Are you going to see it excessively? Probably not unless you're there a lot or work there.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    i agree that the muppets need to go...at least from disney theme parks. muppets will never be "disney" to me & they just don't seem to fit, IMO.
    They are no more Disney than Star Wars (Tours) or Nightmare Before Christmas.

I agree that it is the fact that the Muppets 3D are yet ANOTHER movie to see in DCA. Enough with the shows already and bring in some rides!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast