• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: Is it time to put the Muppets away?

It's time to stop the music,
    it's time to take down lights
    It's time we stopped movies starting
    In DCA tonight...Bam bam bam
    ?

Frankly, I love the Muppets and I really enjoyed the 3D film. Of all the 3D films I saw in the US - HISTA, Muppets, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Shrek (Universal), Terminator (Universal), Borg Invasion (Las Vegas Hilton) - it was certainly one of the most enjoyable.

However, when a theatre like that is empty, it does detract a bit from the experience. When we saw Shrek, for example, we sat there watching all of the seats in front of us move up and down by themselves, completely taking you out of the 'illusion'. When a show like this starts to lose crowds, maybe it is time to put it away.

However, I can't say that I'd be glad to see it go. We loved it, the Muppets basically rock and there should be a dedicated Muppetland somewhere.
    ďI don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.Ē - Bill Hicks

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    They are no more Disney than Star Wars (Tours) or Nightmare Before Christmas.

I agree that it is the fact that the Muppets 3D are yet ANOTHER movie to see in DCA. Enough with the shows already and bring in some rides!
    While Muppet*Vision lives at the Disney-MGM Studios (a park with a lot of shows) it does quite well. One other thing that Disney has going for them in Florida is that there is only one 3-D film/park. Three of the four in California are also in Florida or vise versa, the only difference is where they are located to create "variety."

• white and nerdy

poor bigpigletfan.

I toatly agree with her.

I also have to disagree iwht people wh say that muppetvision 3D isn't Muppets. After watching the first season of The Muppet Show, as well as as many other muppet shows I could find, it fits perfectly.

Most every muppet anything has a common theme. A bunch of goofy and kooky friends work together to try and accomplish something great and to achive their dreams. Due to a variaty of circumstances their attmepts are often disastours, yet they are forever looking at the good side and in the end they discover that as long as they do their best their dreams come true.

ya know, Disney is kinda like that as well.

I'm ususally not one to keep an attraction the same baised on nostalga, but this is THE LAST thing Jim worked on. Not just worked on, but was in charge of. It was some of the last recordings of his voice.

I would love for Disney to do more with the muppets (frankly if song of the south and Mr. Toad can have attractions then the muppets can as well. How many young kids recognize them on their first visit? I would bet that more people in America recognize the Muppets than Brer Bear or Ratty.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    but Disney needs to work with the Henson people to develop a replacement for the film that is truly creative and that can best showcase all that the Muppets are.

I, of course, have a few ideas, myself.

STAR TOURS FIRST!!!!
    Jason

I was in DCA last week and saw the Muppet show with my mother-in-law 63, my daughter 6 and my son 2. We all loved it! My daughter and son really don't know who Kermit and Piggy are, but that didn't matter. It was a funloving 3D movie. I can understand why someone wouldn't want to go there over and over and over, but for families who are only able to come every other year or so it is definitely repeatable and fun.

• Can Only Wish For More!

It's a cute movie, but when my mother saw it, she was just like, "how cute." Nothing more. But after seeing It's Tough To Be A Bug, she wants to see it again.

Also, my head always hurts after watching the Muppets, maybe it's something to do with the glasses.

The new entrance does help bring in the crowds, but with something as big and bright as Monsters, Inc. next to it, it just looks like the Hollywood facade that is all around the Hollywood Pictures Backlot. (Hmm, why IS Monsters, Inc. back there anyway? LOL, I don't think it fits!)
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• keep moving forward...

this isnt really related to the ride but i found it very interesting, while my mind was on the topic of the muppets tonite i searche youtube.com for the muppets and i found an interesting video that was filmed and shown just after jims death, it showed them paniking in the muppet studio and wondering what to do next, kermits nephew is holding a goodbye letter to jim and finally fozzie breaks out and decides to cancel the big number because none of them seem to get it without jim there. eventually robin the frog begins singing a song that was sung at jims funeral and kermit comes in.

anybody remember this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLnyK7DG0CA
    Last edited by migitmouse88; 04-05-2006 at 06:11 PM.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    this isnt really related to the ride but i found it very interesting, while my mind was on the topic of the muppets tonite i searche youtube.com for the muppets and i found an interesting video that was filmed and shown just after jims death, it showed them paniking in the muppet studio and wondering what to do next, kermits nephew is holding a goodbye letter to jim and finally fozzie breaks out and decides to cancel the big number because none of them seem to get it without jim there. eventually robin the frog begins singing a song that was sung at jims funeral and kermit comes in.

anybody remember this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FLnyK7DG0CA
    Ah... this was brought up in the Muppets Club. Quite a sad moment in Muppet history.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    (I talked to a Canadian family later on. I asked them if they saw Tough to be a Bug, which I think is a better 3D movie than Muppets. They said they did, but did not like it. I guess even the best of the bunch is not going over with people.)
    It's tough to be a bug may be the best 3D movie on any Disney park. BUT it's waaaaay too scary for kids. I think I saw 4 or 5 of them running for the exits, scared, shouting and crying.

Me? I was way too scared about the giant spiders on the ceiling to notice. And bolting out of my seat, screaming "SOMEONE'S POKING MY ***!" during the final scene didn't help, either.

Never. Again.

• white and nerdy

Tough to be a bug is a great attraction if you don't mind being violated in every possible way (here, let me fart in your face and poke and prod your butt). Some like that kind of stuff. I LOVE it...

Muppetvision 3D is a cute, funny show that captures a bit of the muppet spirit.

by the way, that "just one person" skit makes me cry every time.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta
    It's tough to be a bug may be the best 3D movie on any Disney park. BUT it's waaaaay too scary for kids. I think I saw 4 or 5 of them running for the exits, scared, shouting and crying.

Me? I was way too scared about the giant spiders on the ceiling to notice. And bolting out of my seat, screaming "SOMEONE'S POKING MY ***!" during the final scene didn't help, either.

Never. Again.
    Exactly. How many children become scared of 3D films after seeing ITTBAB or even HITSA. It often makes kids scared of any 3D films and just seeing the glasses makes them run. While ITTBAB is cute, I think I would've been scared of it if it came out while I was younger but all I had was Michael Jackson.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    Exactly. How many children become scared of 3D films after seeing ITTBAB or even HITSA. It often makes kids scared of any 3D films and just seeing the glasses makes them run. While ITTBAB is cute, I think I would've been scared of it if it came out while I was younger but all I had was Michael Jackson.
    I actually saw "Captain EO" at DL and Epcot. It was a fine film! MUCH better than HISTA, that's for sure. I wanted to be like Michael Jackson.

Happily enough, I didn't get that last wish.

• Colorful

April Showers bring May flowers all in the Golden Afternoon

Assuming that the DCA version is exactly the same as the MGM Studios version I agree for the most part. I think that the attraction needs to be remade. It needs something new and fresh. I agree that it is exactly like left over spagetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

• white and nerdy

The best Spagetti is always better the next day... ask any Italian grandma.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    The best Spagetti is always better the next day... ask any Italian grandma.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast