Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hunka hunka burnin love!

Huntington Beach, CA - 30 minutes away from Disneyland!

ToT New Drop Sequence?

hey guys... not sure if this has been posted or not in the past.... but i found this in the group on myspace...

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Experience all-new fear on the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror when the haunted Hollywood Tower Hotel gets even more frightening when your drops into the mysterious realm of the Twilight Zone become comepletely unpredicable! You'll never experience the same drop twice!
    Drop in if you dare - again - this spring!

it says "you'll never experience the same drop twice" all the times ive gone on they've always been the same to me.
    We're addicted to Disney

I was there on May 5th, 2005! and July 17, 2005!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Re: ToT New Drop Sequence?

You know I was just thinking about this yesterday. Does anyone know when this is suppose to happen? Will the ride need to go down before the new random drops begin? I haven't heard anything about this since I heard like a year ago that they were going to do this.

We are suppose to get it with the debut of rocket moutain.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Demon[B
    Drop in if you dare - again - this spring![/B]

it says "you'll never experience the same drop twice" all the times ive gone on they've always been the same to me.
    Well it also says this spring. It doesn't say a specific date just yet. I figure the Tower will have a number of sequences so that the average guest won't know the difference or just what to expect. But the more you ride it, the more you can tell one drop sequence from the other.

I must say that the current one DCA is quite rough in comparison to some of the ones currently in use at WDW. So with that in mind, take a couple of extra drops now while you can because with the new set-up you might get a great, thrilling one or a more "weak" one (that I enjoy).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Doesn't "this spring" usually mean by Memorial Day weekend?
    A signature should go here.

• I Hate Peter Pan

From what I have heard, it will happen when Rockit mountain does debut as well, should be within the next month, maybe they will do it for the anniversary of the attraction on May 5th....There is no down time it is already programmed, just a change on the master computer system and it is done....sweet!
    SMEEEEEEEE.......................HELP ME!!!

if it happens this year

• Banned User

It's actually a random sequence not several different programed sequences. The WDW uses the same sequence were the drops are completely random with no discernible pattern except for the amount of time each sequence takes.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Hey, that's from MY myspace group!

Information on this is really vague, and based off of internet rumors - most notably Al Lutz's reports. All rumors have pointed to this spring, so that's what I wrote up. Keep in mind, this is still unofficial but from everything I've heard its going to happen...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

just a heads up but it might not happen at all this year.

It might get pushed back till next spring 2007. Attendance is doing well in both parks because of the 50th and with the opening of Nemo the TOT could be use as a promotional pitch for next year when the 50th is over.

So keep your fingers cross if you want it to happen this year but notice how nothing has been released or mentioned about a new program happening this spring which would most likely be by Memorial Day weekend less than two months from today

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton
    It's actually a random sequence not several different programed sequences. The WDW uses the same sequence were the drops are completely random with no discernible pattern except for the amount of time each sequence takes.
    I'm trying to get what you are saying here? In Disneyworld there are, what, four drop sequences (?) that are randomly selected.

What do you mean my sequence. Do you mean the lifts and drops of one ride or the sequence of one ride to the next? The sequence of one ride isn't going to be random, it's going to be pre-programed, but the order that the different sequences go on will be random...

I know that when I worked at Tower in Florida, the word "sequene" was used for the lifts and drops of one particular ride, as in "we are adding 4 new drop sequences that will play randomly." That's what they are doing for DCA.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    But the more you ride it, the more you can tell one drop sequence from the other.
    I've only been on the one at DCA, and only once, but everybody else must've been on it a million times. On the ride photo, everybody is as calm as Hindu cows. Some are even mugging the camera. There were a few screamers (but better half included ), and me laughing (although it was largely nervous laughter).

Still, it was the ride that made me a thrill-ride junkie, and I'd been keen to try some new drops. However, as you imply, unless you have been on the thing a bunch of times, almost all of the drops are going to seem random and fairly nerve-wracking.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I must say that the current one DCA is quite rough in comparison to some of the ones currently in use at WDW.
    Again, only been on the DCA one, but I did find it a little rough. More than I was expecting. The drop itself I could handle - it was a "good" scare, and got the heart pumping. The being pulled out of the seat and thrown back down, and then jerked a bit is a spine-cracker though.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Animatronic

I suppose they'll get around to clicking on the update firmware button at the start of summer so they'll have something "new" in DCA to draw customers. Or maybe they're already downloading the firmware update but are still on dial-up.

• No marbles to begin with!

The ne drops sequnces should be fun. I heard in the original they have one sequence where you think the ride is over but then it shoots right back to the top. Maybe they'll have one that drops during the show scene but that's only my wishful thinking.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Hey, that's from MY myspace group!

Information on this is really vague, and based off of internet rumors - most notably Al Lutz's reports. All rumors have pointed to this spring, so that's what I wrote up. Keep in mind, this is still unofficial but from everything I've heard its going to happen...
    Doubt it would be anytime soon, they are about to begin work on the entrance- or at least rumored to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast