Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question The Anabella Hotel

We're coming out to Disneyland in August, and have ressies at the Anabella Hotel (concierge). Has anybody stayed there? Is it worth the $139 a night, or should I just bite the bullet and stay at the Disneyland Hotel?

Thanks!

Thumbs down Re: The Anabella Hotel/do a google search

Trip Advisor:
    I had a terrible experience in this hotel (which seems more like a motel.)

In my opinion, if you are driving to Anaheim you should avoid this hotel! Parking was an absolute nightmare. There are not enough spots for the number of rooms, and I circled the lot for 20 minutes to find a place to park. The spot I found was on the opposite end of the property as my room. Management claimed they were towing violators, but I didn't see a tow truck there during my entire stay, just notes on cars.

The room was way too small for the price. Also, the walls were very thin. We could hear our neighbors clearly, who didn't seem to be making more noise than usual.

The only positive I could find was that the room was clean (although the bathtub was a little dirty.)

Bottom line, if you get a great price on the Internet and don't plan to drive, the Anabella should suffice. As for me, I never plan to return. There are many more hotels bordering Disneyland that I've had a much better experience with.
    Janette

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Leofoenget
    The room was way too small for the price. Also, the walls were very thin. We could hear our neighbors clearly, who didn't seem to be making more noise than usual.
    Ooo... from a similiar experience with what was mentioned I would stay far, far away from that hotel. Because even if you're lucky enough to have neighboors won't don't make more noise than usual... imagine if you have really loud ones. !!

• For You!

Re: The Anabella Hotel

I've stayed at the Annabella and really enjoyed it - except for the dismal continental breakfast. Luckily my parents were staying at the Candy Cane, so we snuck into their breakfast.

But, the room was great. Our only complaint was that we had to either take the ART shuttle or walk quite a ways. It would have been great if there was an entrance to the back of DCA!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Oh boy, I had the funniest feeling you all would tell me bad things about the hotel. So, if I can't afford the Disneyland hotel, where is a nice place to stay?

We are flying in to Orange County Airport, and planned on getting a car, because we want to look for housing in San Diego....

Thanks again!

• Disneyland Fan

Ah the Anabella Hotel. My family and I used to stay there way back when it was the Magic Carpet and the Magic Lamp motels. I remember the rooms were small and walls paper thin. They served their purpose back in the day. We had to put up with noise and a LOT of bugs in the rooms.

From what I have been told from the hotel staff, the rooms were slightly renovated with new fixtures and such but other than that the main structure of the motels (merged together to form the Anabella Hotel) are the same. We used to pay $39/night back in the late 90's but refused to pay the prices they want to charge for the Anabella Hotel because we know the rooms aren't worth it. At least when the parking lot was there we could jay-walk across Katella and go through the parking lot, with DCA there the walk is just too far.

Just my $0.02

Brian
    Brian9549

Relive fond Memories of The Country Bears
    The Country Bear Vacation Hoedown!
    The Country Bear Jamboree
    The Country Bear Christmas Show

Come see my other vids on google and youtube, just search for brian9549 or click here or here or here

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We stayed at the Hilton Anaheim. We booked a package through the Walt Disney Travel Company. We liked that hotel very much and we are staying there again in August.

I had similar experiences, but since I booked it at a really low rate I didn't mind much. I actually liked the Breakfast. The customer service was a bit lacking and the parking was terrible. Overall it's a decent place to rest your head at night and not that far from the park. Plus, the grounds are beautiful.

• I am a Pluto lover

We like,

The Carousel
    The Candy Cane
    The Tropicana
    Howard Johnson
    Desert Inn

There are a couple of other good ones on Harbor but my boss just hung up her phone... gotta run...

good luck!
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

I have stayed at the Annabella 2x's.
    Trip #1:
    I drove in late, and got there at about 11pm. It was just me & my two teenagers. They put me in this TEENY room (barely fit 1 queen bed) and no tub, just a walk in shower. I went to the front and complained, so then they put me in a different room that hadn't been made up. So, we went to the office a third time. By now it is midnight and I am exhausted. They finally gave us a semi-decent (compared to the last two rooms...) room and we fell asleep. I swore I would never stay there again.

Trip #2
    Went with a friend (who got a room for her & kids) and stayed again. Don't ask why) I got a decent enough room, if I had gotten it the first time I would have been content. Walls were fairly thin, parking was crowded, but it was livable. My friend somehow ended up in a suite, with a sitting room, adjoining bedroom, and bath in between. She of course now thinks the Anabella is great. (We paid the same for our rooms)

--It's not that far of a walk if you go into the disney parkinglot across the street and take their tram.

--Would I spend $139 to stay there? Absolutely not! I didn't think it was worth the $30 I spent. If DLH is close in price, it would be like chosing McDonald's over Red Robin (or Olive garden, or Mimi's or....insert your favorite midpriced rest. here...)

you know it really depends on the building you get.

Many of the rooms near the main circular fountain are quite huge.

I have stayed there twice and our rooms had a king bed and a seperate full size bed in a somewhat seperate area. the rooms were clean and had refrigerators, internet, coffee, iron and ironing boards an area two sit and it or just relaz and watch TV.

Each bed area had its own television and space for clothing. The bathroom had a seperate toilet area as well as double sinks and showers.

You just have to make sure they book you in the right section of the hotel.

You do not want to stay near the entrance of the hotel.

There are two seperate pool areas one for families and one for adults only (which is secluded).

The lobby is quite nice and the restuarant is also fine.
    The anaheim trolley stops right in front of the hotel and if you do stay there you could buy a very cheap pass in the lobby.

If not the walk down Disneyland drive is quite enjoyable. You then enter thru the Grand californian and into DCA or DTD.

There are much better hotels in the area but many of them are not much diferent in quality. Stay away from all the motels on Harbour. They are terrible. Parking is extremely bad since they all share parking with the resturants that are directly in front of them. You also have to deal with people that just park there so they do not have to pay parking at Disneyland. Its a total mess.

So Basically i hope you have a better experience than other people.

I personally haven't had any problem at the Anabella.

Maybe you could find out what building your room will be in.
    Each building has a name like "The santa Barbara" and have a mission style architecture.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Wow... I stated there last May and liked it. Parking was fine. I even had a friend come over and she had no problem parking. (Note that she didn't stay the night or anything and there was plenty of parking!).

I'm a light sleeper and didn't hear anything through the walls. I didn't like the window covering and that you couldn't close the curtains. And that the bed was right next to the window (but I am strange about that stuff).

The room was clean and a decent size. I would stay overnight there again. Oh I drove to the park so I don't know how that goes.

but for $139, no, I wouldn't stay there for that much.

Oh and my room was at the far end, by Harbor?? and on the ground floor.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

I am not surprised that the room price is so high. The last time i stayed there i met a couple from Canada that paid around the same price. Their jaw dropped when i mentioned to them that i booked my suite thru Orbitz for $79.00

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Wow... I stated there last May and liked it. Parking was fine. I even had a friend come over and she had no problem parking. (Note that she didn't stay the night or anything and there was plenty of parking!).

I'm a light sleeper and didn't hear anything through the walls. I didn't like the window covering and that you couldn't close the curtains. And that the bed was right next to the window (but I am strange about that stuff).

The room was clean and a decent size. I would stay overnight there again. Oh I drove to the park so I don't know how that goes.

but for $139, no, I wouldn't stay there for that much.

Oh and my room was at the far end, by Harbor?? and on the ground floor.
    We stayed there last July. Room was great! We had a Kids Suite and it was perfect for us. The marble bathrooms were gorgeous and the furniture was upscale. For me, the negative was the walk to the park (and the ART system to this place was a PAIN.) The service was great, staff was extremely friendly, room service was good.

Where would I stay? Hilton, Anaheim Desert Inn, Park Inn, Candy Cane, Hojos.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Here I am, plugging for priceline again.......can't pick your hotel, but great prices! I've never paid more than $55 a night, and usually end up at the doubletree, hyatt, marriott suites, Hilton.....all great!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast