Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP question

AP question

What is the policy on AP renewals? My son's AP expires on Sunday, but mine is still good for another month. I wanted to take him one day next week, but I don't have the cash to renew his AP for another couple weeks. I know there is a 2 week grace period for renewal, but does this apply to admission as well? If I go and act as if I am not aware of the expiration of my son's AP, do you think it is possible that they would let him in just once?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: AP question

I doubt it. If the pass is expired, it's expired. I'm thinking the grace period is just for curtosey and for last-minute-mailed renewal forms.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Doubtful. The grace period isn't to get into the park, it's to get the discount on renewing your pass.
    A signature should go here.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I doubt it. They give you hell when you already renew your pass through the mail and you still use your old one because you haven't received your new one yet. I got that treatment one evening, made me so mad. My AP was still valid another 2 days and they wouldn't let me go in because it was making that invalid noise!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    I doubt it. They give you hell when you already renew your pass through the mail and you still use your old one because you haven't received your new one yet. I got that treatment one evening, made me so mad. My AP was still valid another 2 days and they wouldn't let me go in because it was making that invalid noise!
    ah, the dangdable 'Boing' sound instead of the happy go lucky 'whistle'

How I hate that 'boing'.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    ah, the dangdable 'Boing' sound instead of the happy go lucky 'whistle'

How I hate that 'boing'.
    Yes...it is not a pleasant sound. Definetly hated that trip to Disneyland, can't believe I was forbidden to enter for those 10 minutes of just standing at the gates dying to get inside. So painful...

• white and nerdy

Yes...it is not a pleasant sound. Definetly hated that trip to Disneyland, can't believe I was forbidden to enter for those 10 minutes of just standing at the gates dying to get inside. So painful...
    yeah, the life of an AP holder is so hard.... Once I had to show ID...
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

yeah, the life of an AP holder is so hard.... Once I had to show ID...
    LOL but the one time I had to use the restroom when I got in the park, I got stuck waiting! Figures, I never have to restroom while at Disneyland...and the one time I need to, I can't.

• white and nerdy

LOL but the one time I had to use the restroom when I got in the park, I got stuck waiting! Figures, I never have to restroom while at Disneyland...and the one time I need to, I can't.
    Didn't you know about the special 50th anniversery solid gold toilet for APs only?

Didn't you know about the special 50th anniversery solid gold toilet for APs only?
    Yes...but isn't that inside the park? Hard to go if I wasn't allowed in

• Still wants to be a cat!

You know there are restrooms outside the gates, don't you?

If ever you are denied entry with a pass that is still good (I have), just have a lead called over and they will override the "boing" sound and let you in.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999
    You know there are restrooms outside the gates, don't you?

If ever you are denied entry with a pass that is still good (I have), just have a lead called over and they will override the "boing" sound and let you in.
    There were long lines to get in so I didn't want to walk to the side where the restrooms are then walk back and get in the line again only to be denied entrance AGAIN. The "supervisor" took my pass in to "inspect" it and was gone for like 10 minutes, blahblahblah...the same thing happened to my parents the month before (they renewed through mail and hadn't received their APs yet but were let in immediatly after explaining) but the CM who gave me hell wouldn't let me in because it wasn't "their policy". BS I tell you.

• white and nerdy

Yes...but isn't that inside the park? Hard to go if I wasn't allowed in
    you don't know about the secret AP entrance? it's in the third stall in the men's restroom my the Lego store. (you can go in, men don't care)

• Rainicorn.

Can you renew your APs online? If you can, print out the receipt and bring it with you if you're cutting close to your expiration date.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

you don't know about the secret AP entrance? it's in the third stall in the men's restroom my the Lego store. (you can go in, men don't care)
    Ahhhhhhh...it's been a couple months since I've gone. Never heard of that one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast